Paying to Listen to Games

channonc

Just a thought, but xm and I think sirius has free trial to listen to them online for a few days. You probably only need a new email address and the ability to come up with a new account name each week you don’t listen. Maybe you could kind of circumvent paying by trying a “free trial” each week. Just register for a new yahoo account each week you need a new email address to use and go from there. It may or may not work.

The thing is that not all their stations are available online. I have XM and none of the stations that broadcasts any type of games are available online. Only most of the music and a few of the talk channels are available online, even to paying subscribers.

Ah..ok. So, is there anyone that has a good broadcast that would like to run a line from the radio to their computer and webcast the game? I promise I won’t tell.

Sent mine...and copied my brother. We're season ticket holders, with 4 tickets, and we pay a fortune as it is.

The internet thing is ridiculous. When the local affiliate in Atlanta didn't play the Arkansas game because the Thrashers were playing, I about lost it! :(

:au::homer:

Discussed earlier this month.

AFTiger Aug 8 2006, 02:52 PM

I don't like that CSTV has the Auburn Network and has made a traditional source of Auburn information a pay site. I especially dislike that our Auburn troops in harms way will be forced to subscribe to CSTV in order to listen to Auburn sports. Auburn should be ashamed that it has done this to our troops and has refused to do anything about it.

CSTV can take its SEC road trip and punt. It's coverage isn't that good anyway.

This was also discussed a year ago. "They don't care!!!"

Previous Thread

A rooftop FM antenna would solve the problem. Or, you could become a DXer. As for the military, they should be allowed to have free access to streaming audio of all games (other sports included). It's the very least Auburn could do to show it's support for our brave men and women in the armed forces.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't matter how many emails are sent, they will not be changing soon. CSTV has signed contacts with all these schools. It's all about the money. In my opinion, CSTV is a cancer to the college sports broadcasting. They have way too much control.

Archived