Jefferson Pilot is no more....

WarTiger

F'real. Those announcers are about the worst in the world... right behind Eli. :(

239516[/snapback]

[/quote

WHAT??? I thought all you BAMA :homer: Loved Eli Gold and Kenny the (drunk) Snake Stabbler or what ever in the booth..

I think Stabler does a great job on color. But I would rather fetch Krispy Kremes for Phat Phil in the nude while singing Rocky Top the whole time than to have to listen to him... he's the absolute worst IMO. :puke:

I keep hoping he'll get so big in Nascar that they will demand him to be full-time.

that is hilarious.

i have always thought eli was terrible but none of my UAT friends agreed... this is a first i must say.

I like the Jefferson Pilot announcers.  JP telecast games that wouldn't have been covered otherwise.

239543[/snapback]

Nobody is wanting to get rid of JP games, as poorly done as they are, we just wish they would find some better announcers or just some the would not get on your nerves. My 8 year old son knows the game better then they do.

Rowe has NO clue as to how the game is supposed to be played. His insights are about as profound as those of hitlary.

Yea, Rowe is tough to listen to and it becomes obvious real fast in a telecast that he has done ZERO research on the game or players.

And honestly, I'm not gay...not that there's anything wrong with that.....but I had to laugh at the thought of WCrimson servin' Phil up a chocolate glazed. :P

I think Stabler does a great job on color. But I would rather fetch Krispy Kremes for Phat Phil in the nude while singing Rocky Top the whole time than to have to listen to him... he's the absolute worst IMO. :puke:

239544[/snapback]

Your innermost fantasies and desires are a little disturbing. :o:big::poke::poke:

Yes, I agree that the Dave Gang must go....Dave, Dave, and even Dave down on the sidelines.

239597[/snapback]

I was at WEGL (AU Campus radio station in Foy) doing a morning show in July 2004 when, out of nowhere, Dave Baker (the field announcer) came into the studio next to me and started his morning show (based out of Lexington) up. He seems like a decent guy, talked to him for awhile, although he is a HUGE Kentucky homer.

Good guy, crappy announcer.

quote=SouthLink02,Jun 9 2006, 09:01 AM]

They were both terrible.

Some liked one of them, not me.

239536[/snapback]

larryhome.jpg

How about old Larry Munson at UGA? How can anyone listen to this guy for 3-4 hours talk to himself about what he thinks he sees on the field?

Didn't he say one time that he wanted to stomp his boot heel on Steve Spurrier's throat?

They were both terrible.

Some liked one of them, not me.

239536[/snapback]

larryhome.jpg

How about old Larry Munson at UGA? How can anyone listen to this guy for 3-4 hours talk to himself about what he thinks he sees on the field?

Didn't he say one time that he wanted to stomp his boot heel on Steve Spurrier's throat?

239634[/snapback]

Game: Georgia vs. Clemson, 1984

Score: GEORGIA 26, CLEMSON 23

Tied at 23, Kevin Butler attempts a 60-yard field goal with 11 seconds remaining:

"So we'll try and kick one 100,000 miles, we hold it on our own 49-1/2, 60 yards plus a foot and Butler kicks a long one, Butler kicks a long one, Oh my God! Oh My God! Oh my God!... The stadium is worse than bonkers. Eleven seconds left and I can't believe what I saw. This is ungodly!"

Listen here or there and ask yourself again why you don't like Munson. That crap is hilarious!!!

Little known fact: Larry Munson beat out Skip Caray for PBP for Atlanta Braves games when the team moved from Milwaukee to Atlanta. Munson soon bolted for Athens, and Caray, the #2 pick, stayed with the Braves.

Larry Munson is one of the best... ever.

239641[/snapback]

Its his gay sidekick that makes me cringe. What is that guy's name?

Claude, Cyrus, ....

Archived