Every school has crip courses

Wishbone

I never played sports for AU but I have 2 degrees from Auburn. Everyone who has gotten a college degree from an academic institution realizes that there are crip courses at every school.. The fact that many football players took the same crip course at Auburn should surprise no one. Also, everyone who has gone to college understands that certain professors are easier that others. Can we blame football players from wanting to take the professors who gave out better grades? Every student in college looks for the easier classes and professors. I don’t think this NYT article amounts to jack.

However, this article does highlight an interesting apsect. That UA was so pathetic that they orchestrated a flimsy smear piece against Auburn. Why? Because they couldn't beat Auburn at a game. Now most Auburn fans can read this article and realize this is bunk, however your typical Bama fan has no intellect, much less even a high school diploma. They won't understand that crip courses are at every school and everyone takes them. They'll believe that some sort of wicked conspiracy was in place to give all the Auburn footbal players A+'s.

I say we take no mercy on Bama this year. Last year we held back after the first quarter. This year, we beat them 70-0.

As an engineer, my electives were (but not limited to)...

Organic Gardening (Easy A)

Weight Training (Twice)

Tennis

Golf

Bowling

Of course I took those sandwiched between Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Thermo II, etc.

Yeah...

BREAKING NEWS!! COLLEGE KIDS TAKE EASY CLASSES TO GET CREDITS! FILM AT 11!

:yawn:

This is so not a story...

THIS JUST IN...

The Earth is round.

Rain is wet.

Colleges offer independent study courses that are generally easier than classroom courses.

CARRY ON.

Weight Training (Twice)

Tennis

Golf

Bowling

Of course I took those sandwiched between Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Thermo II, etc.

247913[/snapback]

Sounds very familiar. The PE courses I took certainly helped my GPA. :thumbsup:

Spotted in Auburn:

ricromero.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: College students take easier classes to keep a good GPA! Are you at risk?

/if you got that joke you spend way to much time on the internets.

//My name is Jason, I've been on the internet almost constantly since 1995. "hi Jason"

Weight Training (Twice)

Tennis

Golf

Bowling

247913[/snapback]

Well I wish I would have known all this about the easy classes and that it was ok. As a exercise science major I took Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, and Thermo II as electives......... son of a!

Lol, nah....... I was front row with James Brown.

I took a class in college that was Coaching College Football and no suprise all the class was filled with the football team!

also my O-line coach taught an archery class that I took and never went to! by the way I got an A

Jumbo and I went to the same school UWA........and as a Football Player (even though we was Freakin' Horrible back in '96), we still got the Preferable Treatment.........One example, my Brother, me, and four other FB players were taking this English Studies class, my only class on Mon. and Wed., and our Head Football Coach (we'll call him Captain Muscles) was teaching the class. On the very first day, all of us were sitting on the front row when he said, and I quote "What the Hell are yall doing here?" and me being a newbie, to the College Football World, said "We're here to Learn, Coach". Then he told us to leave......In front of the Entire Room, well at UWA that consisted of around 15 other students, but still. He was like........"Now, yall come back and take the Midterms and Finals." That's the Honest Truth.......I swear on my Allegiance to Auburn.

War "BY GOD" Eagle

p.s. In my signature Ghengis Khan was apparently talkin' about the '05 Iron Bowl, Check the Picture and see for yourself.

I don’t think this NYT article amounts to jack.

247902[/snapback]

Let me start by emphasizing that I'm not one to revel in the misfortunes of others(except for Ole Miss). It's obvious that AU's administration thinks it has enough substance to warrant an investigation. Did the football players use this course for an easy grade? Maybe . Did other students do the same? Probably. But the key question I'm concerned about is this: did this professor compromise his and the university's academic integrity? I think AU's concern should lie more with SACS than the NCAA.

By the way, Wishbone, I did not appreciate your and deepseas's shenanigans until 4am this morning. I haven't been to sleep yet.

:drink1:

I don’t think this NYT article amounts to jack.

247902[/snapback]

Let me start by emphasizing that I'm not one to revel in the misfortunes of others(except for Ole Miss). It's obvious that AU's administration thinks it has enough substance to warrant an investigation. Did the football players use this course for an easy grade? Maybe . Did other students do the same? Probably. But the key question I'm concerned about is this: did this professor compromise his and the university's academic integrity? I think AU's concern should lie more with SACS than the NCAA.

By the way, Wishbone, I did not appreciate your and deepseas's shenanigans until 4am this morning. I haven't been to sleep yet.

:drink1:

248123[/snapback]

Well a instructor filed a ethics complaint against another, the university is obligated to do a investigation into it no matter what.

Did football players use the class for a easy grade... yes. Did other students... yes. Just like the ones that take Organic Gardening or Mate Selection etc.

As people have mentioned in other areas, this was being handled when SACS was here, so its highly unlikely that they didn't know about it before the NYT article.

The guy probably gave light loads and was lenient in grading those directed reading classes, if he wasn't you probably wouldn't have had 272 students taking it in that short of time.

I don't see why anyone is suprised that there are instructors that are easy graders and don't give alot of work, it happens at all universities, I can tell you from experience that SMU, Texas, and Auburn all have some slacker prof's. Or not even slackers to be honest, they enjoy the lecture part and give excellent knowledge.. they just don't give tough tests or a ton of busy work or grade difficult. They are more interested in your ideas on a paper vs mispelling one word or using the wrong punctuation in one spot.

Nothing I hate worse than a boring instructor that can't lecture that assigns tons of reading and homework questions to make up for the fact that they can't verbally impart knowlege upon students. Then they give difficult tests with crap you havn't seen or heard, but was suppose to have been in the lecture on the day the guy went off on some tangent and didn't get to and forgot about or you didn't freaking remember the caption under figure 12.2A on page 666. Just cause some guy gives 1000 pages of reading, 4 essay style tests, and a 20 page paper and fails half his class doesn't mean they are upholding the academic integrity. Or those SOB's that teach 1000 lvl classes like 7000 lvl classes. Lets break SACs down on these guys.

Archived