another one for the buhr!!

AuTigersX311

it seems that tyrone prothro won the espy for the best play of the year! congradulations to him. granted it was an amazing catch and i know because i was sitting in the end zone right in front of it. i almost felt bad for him seen him walk up the the stage with his badly broken leg. but he did give a short and very classy speech. So like clockwork my buddy who took me to that game calls me the second it happened and started whooting and hollaring like a drunking redneck at a skynard concert! And so i immediately reminded him that protho isn't coming back this coming fall and he went dead silent! i think i heard him whimper a little bit. Just goes to show you that the bammer fans will find anything to cling on to to show us up!

it seems that tyrone prothro won the espy for the best play of the year! congradulations to him.   granted it was an amazing catch and i know because i was sitting in the end zone right in front of it.  i almost felt bad for him seen him walk up the the stage with his badly broken leg.  but he did give a short and very classy speech. So like clockwork my buddy who took me to that game calls me the second it happened and started whooting and hollaring like a drunking redneck at a skynard concert!  And so i immediately reminded him that protho isn't coming back this coming fall and he went dead silent!  i think i heard him whimper a little bit.  Just goes to show you that the bammer fans will find anything to cling on to to show us up!

248532[/snapback]

I spent the evening with some friends from Tuscaloosa who are Auburn fans, but somehow managed to allow their now-grown daughter to fall into the clutches of the evil ones.

She insisted that we watch the ESPYs. When Alexander won, she acted like a barn mule who had been hit with a taser. I said only that I thought he was a nice guy and a good representative for the state.

When Prothro won, there was more braying. She started in with the "if he had been healthy, you'd have that fourth finger shoved up your (@!#%*, he's going to play this fall and break that thumb off for ya, see how good he's walking, only a matter of time until he's kicking ya'lls stepchild ***, two ESPYs for Alabama, none for Auburn, too bad maybe you can get that guy in Opelika to make you a couple, the ESPY's just prove that Bama is and always will be better than AU... " Thank goodness her dad lit into her before I did, otherwise the night could have had an unpleasant end.

What's wrong with those people? Her folks have never acted like that. I never have. I've only met one or two Auburn fans who show their butts like this. And yet the overwhelming majority of Alabama fans I know are cut from this same boorish cloth. I just don't get it. Who in their right mind would WANT to be a Bama fan and act like that?

Dansby won it a few years back for the interception against UNC in the bowl game. Don't let him make you feel too bad.

You can always remind him that - as of Monday - it's been 1703 days since any Bama fan had braggin' rights.

:au:

it's a damn shame you can't punch them because the women are the most obnoxious!

248539[/snapback]

......that's why I trained my dog to pee on people.

it's a damn shame you can't punch them because the women are the most obnoxious!

248539[/snapback]

Damn shame for who? You??

myspace-funny-pictures164.jpg

I'm a little confused. Were the aforementioned Bama fans surprized or hearing this for the first time? Had they not heard for days now that Prothro won? Sounds like a lot of over-reaction for news thats days old...and I'd say the same about such reactions if it had been an Auburn player on TV tonight.

[PS-There's never any excuse for domestic violence, and I don't find comments about hitting women appropriate even if meant in humor. Sorry...JMHO.]

I'm a little confused.  Were the aforementioned Bama fans surprized or hearing this for the first time?  Had they not heard for days now that Prothro won?  Sounds like a lot of over-reaction for news thats days old...and I'd say the same about such reactions if it had been an Auburn player on TV tonight.

[PS-There's never any excuse for domestic violence, and I don't find comments about hitting women appropriate even if meant in humor.  Sorry...JMHO.]

248590[/snapback]

She didn't know. Was waiting to watch it so "she could be surprised"

[PS-There's never any excuse for domestic violence, and I don't find comments about hitting women appropriate even if meant in humor.  Sorry...JMHO.]

248590[/snapback]

NEVER? I could go with there RARELY being an excuse, but NEVER? Man, I could tell you some stories....

248590[/snapback]

Agree 100%.

She started in with the "if he had been healthy, you'd have that fourth finger shoved up your (@!#%*,

Yeah...because Prothro plays left guard....

Well...he probably could have done a better job than Capps.

Dansby won it a few years back for the interception against UNC in the bowl game.  Don't let him make you feel too bad.

You can always remind him that - as of Monday - it's been 1703 days since any Bama fan had braggin' rights.

248537[/snapback]

Wasn't that play brought back? I remember there being a penalty on it, and if I had to guess I would say it was a forward lateral but I can't remember.

Dansby won it a few years back for the interception against UNC in the bowl game.  Don't let him make you feel too bad.

248537[/snapback]

Wasn't that play brought back? I remember there being a penalty on it, and if I had to guess I would say it was a forward lateral but I can't remember.

248596[/snapback]

The play was ruled (incorrectly) by the officials as a forward pass. In order to make a forward pass you must first have possession of the ball. Also, if your feet leave the ground to catch a pass, it's not a reception (or interception) until you come back down in bounds with control of the ball. Dansby didn't intercept the ball because he never came back down with the ball in fair territory. Dontarrious Thomas did, so he should have been credited with the interception. What Dansby did was bat the ball forward which is entirely legal. The refs blew the call.

I thought Dansby was nominated for an Espy but didn't win because the play was penalized. Anybody know for sure?

im pretty sure nobody here promotes domestic violence and i agree with galens. but i apologize if you are offended

248595[/snapback]

No problem....bygones :thumbsup:

im pretty sure nobody here promotes domestic violence and i agree with galens. but i apologize if you are offended

248595[/snapback]

No problem....bygones :thumbsup:

248610[/snapback]

Good thing you two made up. I'd hate to have to get my wife to smack you.

Kidding. Sorry, I can't resist.

She started in with the "if he had been healthy, you'd have that fourth finger shoved up your (@!#%*, :roflol:   he's going to play this fall and break that thumb off for ya, see how good he's walking, only a matter of time until he's kicking ya'lls stepchild ***, two ESPYs for Alabama, none for Auburn, too bad maybe you can get that guy in Opelika to make you a couple, the ESPY's just prove that Bama is and always will be better than AU... " 

248534[/snapback]

Yea, right. With Brodie on the ground they could have had any professional out there as receiver, however with the ball stuck in Brodie's @$$ even Prothro is helpless: the result is the same, Bammer fails.

248539[/snapback]

What the hell do you mean????? They want the vote you get the same treatment. It's all about ERA.

Archived