Donald Fagan explains "Deacon Blues."

DKW 86

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/qa/story/...n_gets_inspired

Where did you get the line "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide/Call me Deacon Blues"?

Walter and I had been working on that song at a house in Malibu. I played him that line, and he said, "You mean it's like, 'They call these cracker a**holes this grandiose name like the Crimson Tide, and I'm this loser, so they call me this other grandiose name, Deacon Blues?' " And I said, "Yeah!" He said, "Cool! Let's finish it!"

OUCH.....

:roflol:

I was looking for that yesterday, but my google fu was weak and I had homework to do.

Great Find!

Walter and I had been working on that song at a house in Malibu. I played him that line, and he said, "You mean it's like, 'They call these cracker a**holes this grandiose name like the Crimson Tide, and I'm this loser, so they call me this other grandiose name, Deacon Blues?' " And I said, "Yeah!" He said, "Cool! Let's finish it!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Too bad most of em can't read!!!!!! j/k

If one of the uaters does not respond soon my head may explode!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/qa/story/...n_gets_inspired
Where did you get the line "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide/Call me Deacon Blues"?

OUCH.....

251963[/snapback]

Thanks for finding that. I was looking for it a couple of days ago.

I have to say that I almost feel for them with this one. That was a long timed point of honor for the Tide Nation. Now they find out that it was exactly the opposite.

That would be like finding out the Auburn Creed was phony or something like it. Wow...

OUCH!

:roflol:

I was looking for that yesterday, but my google fu was weak and I had homework to do.

Great Find!

251971[/snapback]

Dude, I feel your pain... Classic...

"Classic" indeed. I hereby nominate that this thread, when ended, should be moved to the Classics Forum so that all may enjoy it for years to come!

Well, after they saw this thread, many of them took another part of the song to heart.

"Drink Scotch Whiskey, All Night Long"....... :P

252230[/snapback]

"..and die behind the wheel."

I hope our bammies didn't play out the rest of the line. They're misguided, but they're still our AUN bammies.

Of course, you realize that these guys don't understand the difference between Auburn and Alabama. They thnk we ALL are a bunch of crackers. So I don't understand why you guys are so smug.

Of course, you realize that these guys don't understand the difference between Auburn and Alabama. They thnk we ALL are a bunch of crackers. So I don't understand why you guys are so smug.

252238[/snapback]

We aren't quoting the song on message boards as some kind of proof of Alabama's superiority. Please keep up.

Need uaters to respond.....Head about to EXPLODE.... :big::poke:

For Crying out Loud....THAT IS FUNNY AS "H E Double Hockey Sticks"

I always hated that song for that, now Knowing what I know, I can now some what

enjoy the song. But I still hate that Blondie song.

... Even Finedong ...

252241[/snapback]

Stop calling in. We have a winner in the Paul Finebaum nickname contest.

252263[/snapback]

I don't know... I've never had any thoughts as to whether any part of his anatomy is "fine" and don't really want to go there! :puke:

[i do think Taepodong is an appropriate name for N Korea's missle, though. :big: ]

... Even Finedong ...

252241[/snapback]

Stop calling in. We have a winner in the Paul Finebaum nickname contest.

252263[/snapback]

I don't know... I've never had any thoughts as to whether any part of his anatomy is "fine" and don't really want to go there! :puke:

[i do think Taepodong is an appropriate name for N Korea's missle, though. :big: ]

252284[/snapback]

Point of clarification: I was referring to, and I believe I can speak for Auesquire as well, the fact that Paul is a dong. Nothing more. I will leave anything requiring a description to Mr. Vickers.

Archived