BC and AU in the Future?

DKW 86

Loved the fans etc from the 1982 T-Bowl. I would laugh at USF being a BCS calibre team until I got to hear them pound the daylights out of Louisville while driving home from Homecoming. That was one of the most lopsided games I know of in a while. The score was far less indicative of the total domination of USF thanyou would think. 45-14 and was nowhere near that close.... :o

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/p.../607260356/1002

Jacobs: Auburn, B.C. trying to set up game

By Jay G. Tate

Montgomery Advertiser

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs said Tuesday that Auburn is in negotiations with Boston College and a "few other big-name schools" for an upcoming home-and-home football series.

Jacobs, in town Tuesday for an appearance at the Montgomery Kiwanis Club, said the football team plans to play one BCS-caliber non-conference opponent per season. Auburn could play Boston College as early as 2010.

"We could play (Boston College) early in the year and give our fans a chance to go up there. That'd be good," Jacobs said. "It's not a done deal yet. We've talked with several schools about a series. (Boston College) certainly had interest. They fit the profile of a team that would generate interest from Auburn fans."

The Tigers open their 2006 season against Pac-10 member Washington State, though Auburn will not make a reciprocal trip. WSU will receive approximately $850,000 for the game.

South Florida, now a member of the BCS-recognized Big East Conference, signed a $650,000 deal two years ago to play at Jordan-Hare Stadium in 2007. The Tigers currently are seeking another major-conference opponent to play in Auburn next year, though Jacobs said that search has been difficult.

"Most of the big teams can't accommodate our schedule situation in such a short period of time," Jacobs said. "I'd be OK with doing a home game in 2007 and maybe going to their place in 2010. We're looking into that. Sometimes it's good to be creative."

Jacobs also has negotiated a home-and-home series with West Virginia beginning with an Auburn home game in 2008.

The Tigers haven't submitted an official schedule beyond the upcoming season.

Chesnut Hill in October would be an awesome road trip. Wouldn't want to go up there any later than that, though.

It's good to see that Auburn is bringing back some quality nonconference games. I loved the eighties when we would play Texas, Florida State, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Clemson and some others. It made for really exciting seasons. I would love to see us not shy away from good competition. Even if it means a loss, I believe it would show the college football world that Auburn is to be respected.

West Virginia and B.C. is a good start in the right direction. Maybe a home and home v/s Texas or Notre Dame. That would be cool!

I've never been to Boston but I've heard its a really cool city. I would love to be able to make it up there for a game.

Would give me the perfect excuse to go north of the Mason-Dixon line...which I rarely do.

Archived