Former AU linebacker

Draven

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:00 PM

SPIKES STATUS: With the was Takeo has played these past few days I believe he's as ready as he's going to get. That's why my gut is telling me not to count Takeo out of playing Saturday against Cleveland. He's really shown up a lot in pass coverage. He has half a dozen pass breakups in the last three practices. He's coming. I asked him if he's noticed it and he said he has.

"Even compared to two days ago to now I can see a big difference," he said. "Up until last week it was a week-to-week thing where I could see the progress, but I’ve taken another step in these last two days so I just want to continue at the pace I’m going at now. I feel it coming. I don’t worry about it now.”

Someone asked him how anxious he is to hit someone in a game and his answer was a good one.

“Very (anxious). I can’t even explain it. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about it. It’s going to special that first time I walk out into Ralph Wilson Stadium.”

And finally when asked what's he's got going on inside his head with respect to his recovery and being prepared to play he said...

“A lot of confidence, a lot of emotions… I’m ready.”

Stay tuned.

Bills site link

Thought some would like to know how well one of our :au: boys is recovering from a serious torn Achilles injury that happened in September of last year. Spikes, has participated in most of preseason drill in limited action and wants to be back in full playing condition by week 3 if not sooner.

I've had the same injury and surgery Takeo Spikes has had. I've got alot of respect for the man for making such a quick and throrough comeback from such an injury. I've been trying to keep up with his progress as much as possible through his website.

It's amazing to me the rehabilitation that's surfaced over the last few years for this injury. Twenty years ago, you'd go straight into retirement after surgery, if they chose to do surgery at all. When Dan Marino came back from this injury, he had to wear a boot that looked like it was made for a Stormtrooper from Star Wars.

OOOH. Touched a nerve did we. Instead of being P.O.'ed with us, try getting P.O.'ed at your D.A. coach who left him in the game when you were up four touchdowns. I hate it for the young man and I hope your D.A. of a coach has not left that young man with a limp for life but don't get your panties in a twist over some picture.

I say we poke fun of him and post farks of his injury like some people did w/ the Prothro situation. <_<

You could, but Takeo would probably eat you. I've heard many refer to a fight between Takeo and Chuck Norris as armageddon.

He sat behind me in a game last year. He was in the big $$ seats, and I was on the back row of the student section on the 40. It was pretty cool. He's a pretty big guy - SOLID muscle. If I would have ran, I bet he still could have chased me down... and he was on crutches. I think he could've squeeze my head until it exploded... with two fingers... probably his ring finger and a thumb.

I know bammers don't want any of Takeo's thumb.

I say we poke fun of him and post farks of his injury like some people did w/ the Prothro situation. <_<

Win, I am sure you are not talking about this forum. I could be mistaken it has happened from time to time, but I do not remember one on here. If it was it did not last long David, TM, Jenny or Titan would have nixed that very fast, that kind of thing is not tolerated.

Hmmm. Let's see. Takeo is getting paid and Prothro is looking at unemployment. You do the math. I don't think Takeo Spikes cares whether or not you make fun of him. Besides, he's been gone form AU for many years. Prothro is still waiting to finish his home study on how to dance one-legged.....

He's refering to the C3prothro thing from theauburner.com

I think there was a resounding "thats not funny" form the board...Don't get pissed at us for something that someone else wrote and we didn't agree with

Hey, bud, have you noticed all of the threads on this site with updates on his situation and offers of prayer for he and his family? As a matter of fact, every time a thread comes up about an injury from a rival school, you hear nothing but support from WEN. The only thing you have heard about Pro is that we think CMS is an idiot for trying to hang "style points" on his "signature win" and getting him hurt. Don't get me wrong, TOTALLY OWNING you is more fun than you can imagine, but we hate to see your players injured.

Get your head out of your butt or find somewhere else to hang.

BTW, GIVE'EM HELL, TAKEO! :cheer:

Archived