Season Ticket Sales Hit Record High

Proud Tiger

The Huntsville Times reports today that Auburn season ticket sales have reached a record high. Some 76,000 season books (all home games) sold out quickly. Two other mini-season ticket programs also sold out. Considering that the visiting team gets around 10,000 tickets, that adds up to over-capacity sales and leaves vittually nothing for individual ticket orders. Guess it's time to start upper decking the end zones.

I wonder how many of those to brokers? There seems to be a high number selling on EBAY these days....most of which are brokers.

The Huntsville Times reports today that Auburn season ticket sales have reached a record high. Some 76,000 season books (all home games) sold out quickly. Two other mini-season ticket programs also sold out. Considering that the visiting team gets around 10,000 tickets, that adds up to over-capacity sales and leaves vittually nothing for individual ticket orders. Guess it's time to start upper decking the end zones.

That's odd. Yesterday I had a Bama fan taunt me because "Auburn never sells out its stadium" and there are supposedly thousands of tickets available for Saturday's game. Sounds like somebody's lying.

That's odd. Yesterday I had a Bama fan taunt me because "Auburn never sells out its stadium" and there are supposedly thousands of tickets available for Saturday's game. Sounds like somebody's lying.

My bama frioends have great difficulty understanding the difference between ticket sale and game attendance. They see games on TV and see lots of empty seats. That will be the case this year for games like Buffalo. BUT, someone bought those seats and just didn't resell them or elected to just not come to the game.

As far as who bought the tickets (brokers, etc.), I don't have any idea. The bottomlie is the games are pretty much a sell out and the AD has the money in the bank

By the way...my kids can't go this week...and I have a single to the WSU game if anybody want it. Face value is all I need.

E-mail me at schappelle@stevechappelle.com...meet you in AU on game day with the ticket.

:au::homer:

I have wondered if there could be a service provided by the University or the Alumni group that could be a place for people with an extra ticket to put it up on a board online, selling at face value to make sure Auburn people get tickets without getting ripped off. It would be on a first come first serve basis.

Does anyone know how many student tickets they sell? I know they sell more for the crappy games because a lot of people don't go to them, but how many season tickets do they sell to students? I know that every year there are a lot of freshmen that don't get season tickets. Seems like they should sell more becaues they keep letting more students in every year.

Does anyone know how many student tickets they sell? I know they sell more for the crappy games because a lot of people don't go to them, but how many season tickets do they sell to students? I know that every year there are a lot of freshmen that don't get season tickets. Seems like they should sell more becaues they keep letting more students in every year.

I don't know the number, but I know that student (away) tickets for the Alabama and S. Carolina games sold out in under 5 minutes. And there are a large number of Freshmen this year that did not even get tickets to all the home games.

My personal pet peeve is students who buy tickets at the rock bottom rate with no intention of ever going, only to sell them on eBay. In particular, I can't stand it when they do this with SECCG or bowl game tickets.

The university has tried to combat this in many ways (tickets on photo IDs...raising new ID price to $25...etc.). SECCG and bowl tickets are done on a lottery system, but I would say that quite a large number of students get in the lottery with the intention of making money off of the deal.

This is just wrong.

I think the capacity for the student section is like 13,500 or 14,000 so whatever the capacity plus more for Bufallo, Tulane, Arkansas, Arkansas(the mini season package). This year I think once the freshmen started ordering they sold out in 30-45 minutes. It's my second year at Auburn but I don't have enough hours for sophmore status so I had to order with the frosh but I didn't have any trouble, got through in 7 minutes as opposed to like 45 last year.

Archived