Bammers Wish

tidesnightmare

This is what porkslop posted on crimsontusk.com . This is a bammers wish.

I couldn't resist picking at our resident barners here a little. The loss to FSU has begun another cycle of rumors regarding Miami coach Larry Coker and his immediate departure from the school. Assuming Coker is fired after the season who takes his place? AU fans may not want to admit it but you would have to think that Tubberville's name will come up. He coached there for a number of years and we all know how Tubberville is always looking for the next best thing.

Maybe Tubs would stay at AU given the choice but I have a hard time believing he would choose to stay on with a bunch of people that would (and have tried) have him canned in a second if they thought something better was coming along.

Anyway, stay tuned to Miami's situation.

Coker must win out

I think that's a possibility. CTT has had success at AU, and I think Mia would look his way. However, I don't think Mia could pay as much as an SEC school could... that is what will keep him where he is.

And as for our "wish." I couldn't care less where he goes.

Keep on dreaming. He's very happy at :au: which means more beatdowns coming for our sister school across the state.

CLICK CLACK

Just more wishful thinking by the bammers. They want CTT out of :au: so bad they will start anyr rumor they can. Before the season, they had the same thing going on with rumors about CTT going to Texas A&M. Blah, blah, blah, blah. CTT is going nowhere. He is happy where he is and he is buidling a program that is becoming one of the top programs in the country. He has more strength and pull at AU then he would starting over elsewhere. CTT will retire from AU.

Bammers want our coach gone and we hope they keep theirs for a long, long time. :lol:

These bammer clowns have had CTT leaving :au: pretty much ever since he arrived and started handing out annual beatdowns to them.

Wishful dreaming........

CLICK CLACK

The only thing I object to is the "always looking for the next best thing" dig. How long has he been at Auburn? This is his seventh season? Before that he was at Ole Miss. Those are his only two head coaching stops.

If he was "always looking" he's had plenty of opportunity to bolt before now. And if the offer was right, who would blame him for taking a look at whatever opportunity comes up in the future. Who among you is so wed to his job that you would refuse to consider any offers? I own my own business and I'd still take a look if Coca Cola wanted me to take over as CEO for a couple of million a year.

the bammers need to worry about Shula leaving

No, this should be OUR worry. Let's keep him employed there as long as we can!

CLICK CLACK

the bammers need to worry about Shula leaving

No, this should be OUR worry. Let's keep him employed there as long as we can!

CLICK CLACK

but that would mean we have to let him win against us. :no:

Wait the :au: game isn't that important to them anymore, my bad.

Go :ut:

CTT is sitting on top of the world where he is...why go anywhere? And do you think Al Borges or Will Muschamp would follow him? More than likely, they'd take it as a good time to jump further up the ladder in their own careers and CTT would start out in Miami looking for new coordinators.

Why would a good Christian family man like Tommy Tuberville want to take his wife and kids to the cesspool that is Miami (city and football program) anyway? If Miami came calling, it would only mean he could negotiate for a little more well-earned pocket change from Auburn.

As for Flipper, I want him to win just enough (not including us) to have a long, mediocre career at the Crapstone.

The simple fact is that the bammers are raising every controversial subject they can think of for one fundamental reason, they are desperate to get their minds off..........

The Thumb

They are waking up at night in a cold sweat, getting nauseated during the day, and having severe cases of the runs. And worst of all, they know there is nothing they can do about it except wait.

Click, Clack

The bammers might not want CTT to leave. Think about it, we have two of the most dynamic, up and coming coordinators in the country on the sidelines right now. Whose to say that if Tubs did leave, we wouldn't be as good with Borges or Muschamp as HC.

I don't think he built what he has here with the intention of leaving. I hope he finishes his career out here. You can bet, we could come up with a heck of a lot better coach than Shula if he did leave. We have at least three on our sideline now (Borges, Muschamp, Gran) that would make better HC's than Shula.

What's funny is that the bammers feel like their only shot at evening the playing field is for us to lose our coach. The shift in power is truly complete.

the bammers need to worry about Shula leaving, another loss to :au:

and it could happen.

Think Coker would go to uat, nope

Shula also has Miami ties, you know.

Maybe Miami wants Shula :roflol::roflol:

Everyone wants to raise small boys in Miami! Not a chance!

Bingo CTT has said on many occasions what he likes is the small town family atmosphere in Auburn. Do you really think he is going to pull his children out of a very good school and area to go to metro Miami. Not going to happen, if coker gets the axe at Miami I think you will see a good hard look given to Gene Chizik.

Coker can't Coach at Bammer............he did not know anybody who played football with someone who knew a guy down at the corner who once told a story about a girl and a guy that went to woodstock that rode through Alabama on their way that stopped in Tuscaloser for a beer and ran into the BEAR!

He's not in "The Family"

Everyone wants to raise small boys in Miami! Not a chance!

Bingo CTT has said on many occasions what he likes is the small town family atmosphere in Auburn. Do you really think he is going to pull his children out of a very good school and area to go to metro Miami. Not going to happen, if coker gets the axe at Miami I think you will see a good hard look given to Gene Chizik.

Good point, when he left Auburn didn't he say his goal was to be a head coach?

Think Texas A&M might lure him away? now that would be interesting

First of all, isn't there a GIGANTIC buyout clause in his contract. Naturally, if Miami wanted him bad enough, they'd pay that tab for him, but they can invest that money in someone else, also.

Secondly, CTT has ties to Miami also, correct? Wasn't he an assistant there before becoming a head coach?

That being said, he's not going anywhere. I think he loves this institution and loves this city too much!

Coker can't Coach at Bammer............he did not know anybody who played football with someone who knew a guy down at the corner who once told a story about a girl and a guy that went to woodstock that rode through Alabama on their way that stopped in Tuscaloser for a beer and ran into the BEAR!

He's not in "The Family"

Like Franchione or Price did?

And seriously guys, I can assure you that P'Chop isn't "scared" of CTT. CTT is a solid coach and has done a great job... but to say that he, or any other Alabama fan is "scared" of another coach is simply untrue. I disagree w/ him about CTT leaving to be the Canes' head man though.

Translation: "Can't someone, anyone, lure Coach "Thumb" away from Auburn?"

Translation: "Can't someone, anyone, lure Coach "Thumb" away from Auburn?"

Join up on Porkchop's board and chat with him about it. You'll then see that he isn't "scared" of Coach Ears.

the bammers need to worry about Shula leaving, another loss to :au:

and it could happen.

Think Coker would go to uat, nope

Coker to uat ---- I didn't know he was an inbred or a cheat!

QUOTE(Bluemound Freak @ Sep 8 2006, 10:27 AM)

He's not in "The Family"

Like Franchione or Price did?

quote]

That's right and see how long each of them lasted in T'Town!

Questions to all the bammars on this board---------

Thinking about your fan base, which is truely a more desirable situation, shula staying or CTT leaving??

I posed this question several weeks ago at work and had a lot of "I'ld have to think about that one" responses.

Archived