Bammers Wish

tidesnightmare

Just my two cents...Dont bet the house, but you can feel pretty good about this one.

IF someone would ask CTT, I BET he would be told that: CTT will raise his sons at Auburn, that means AT LEAST another 6-7 years. CTT can look down the depth chart and I promise, he is smiling big time. Give him a few more years and he will own the :au: record books.

Dont ask me how I KNOW this, just accept it and be glad...I know if I ever had a CHANCE I would ask the man straight up. Look into his eyes, listen to how he talks about his kids, his wife, his family. I would also ask his best friends if I had the chance...see what they say.

And guys laugh, and I mean laugh at the wishful thinking of our advisaries. CTT got to watch his good friend CSS flop big time in the NFL. I bet CTT would like a similiar shot some day down the road, in the totally correct situation, like say after his kids are graduated from AHS. ;)

Translation: "Can't someone, anyone, lure Coach "Thumb" away from Auburn?"

Join up on Porkchop's board and chat with him about it. You'll then see that he isn't "scared" of Coach Ears.

How does it feel to know that Coach "ears" OWNS your "team"? :lol::lol::lol:

I never say never when it comes to the coaching carousel. It certainly wouldn't seem logical for CTT to make that move, but it's not that big of a stretch. However, Coker won't be going anywhere. Naturally, the questions have started in Miami after the LSU beatdown and now a loss to their rival at home. But, their schedule is laughable and they're still far more talented overall than anyone they play remaining on thier schedule.

If the offense gets on track, they could very well run the table.

QUOTE(Bluemound Freak @ Sep 8 2006, 10:27 AM)

Coker can't Coach at Bammer............he did not know anybody who played football with someone who knew a guy down at the corner who once told a story about a girl and a guy that went to woodstock that rode through Alabama on their way that stopped in Tuscaloser for a beer and ran into the BEAR!

He's not in "The Family"

Like Franchione or Price did?

quote]

That's right and see how long each of them lasted in T'Town!

One of them left by his own choice and the other left his brain out on the West Coast and was an embarrassment to the program. We didn't run either of them out of town, per se. ;)

One of them left by his own choice and the other left his brain out on the West Coast and was an embarrassment to the program. We didn't run either of them out of town, per se.

At least we are both on the same page ;) per se!

Translation: "Can't someone, anyone, lure Coach "Thumb" away from Auburn?"

Join up on Porkchop's board and chat with him about it. You'll then see that he isn't "scared" of Coach Ears.

A lot of Bama fans say they're not afraid of CTT. But a lot of Bama fans don't have enough grasp of reality to be afraid--they feel invulnerable wrapped in their "magnificent" tradition and no logic will shake that sense of security. My dog isn't afraid of Al Qaida, but then, he's totally ignorant when it comes to Bin Laden & Friends.
QUOTE(Bluemound Freak @ Sep 8 2006, 10:27 AM)

Coker can't Coach at Bammer............he did not know anybody who played football with someone who knew a guy down at the corner who once told a story about a girl and a guy that went to woodstock that rode through Alabama on their way that stopped in Tuscaloser for a beer and ran into the BEAR!

He's not in "The Family"

Like Franchione or Price did?

That's right and see how long each of them lasted in T'Town!

One of them left by his own choice and the other left his brain out on the West Coast and was an embarrassment to the program. We didn't run either of them out of town, per se. ;)

Whether you literally "ran them out of town" or not, they were the "family's" only efforts to get away from the Bear gene pool since Bill Curry. And they left such a bad taste in the mouths' of most Bama powers-that-be that it will be many, many years before they take another chance on going outside their incestual coaching obsession.

[And while Mike Price may not have had direct lines to Paul Bryant, he wouldn't have gotten the job but for for his good buddy, Mal Moore.]

I see your point. But I think it's a little unfair for slamming us for hiring coaches with Bama ties. Sure, DuBose was a bust... but Stallings worked out okay for us. ;)

As for CTT; I admit he's a good coach that came in and picked a program up off the mat and made them into a winner. However, I don't "fear" any coach in this league, whether it be Steve Spurrier or Rich Brooks. I happen to think coaching is overrated but that's another subject for another day...

Archived