AU/LSU Score Predictions

WinCrimson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win - I think my prediction is more from the heart. But give me an outsiders analysis of the :au: corn dog matchup.

All depends on Russell... he's a very streaky QB. If he's on, LSU has a good shot. Notice I didn't say "great" shot. I think the JHS crowd and :au: 's superior talent will win out in the end. It'll be a great SEC football game to watch. Too bad I'm not going to get to see much of it!

The team that comes out on top can book it for the GA Dome. I don't see us or :arky: being able to stay up with :au: and :lsu: .

Win - I think my prediction is more from the heart. But give me an outsiders analysis of the :au: corn dog matchup.

All depends on Russell... he's a very streaky QB. If he's on, LSU has a good shot. Notice I didn't say "great" shot. I think the JHS crowd and :au: 's superior talent will win out in the end. It'll be a great SEC football game to watch. Too bad I'm not going to get to see much of it!

The team that comes out on top can book it for the GA Dome. I don't see us or :arky: being able to stay up with :au: and :lsu: .

I agree and the LSU receivers scare the crap out of me.

:au: 24

:lsu: 23

Another fight tooth and nail. Neither team deserve to lose it. Good guys prevail while not quite as good guys begin beating everyone like they stole something.

:ua: 34

ULM: 10

Flipper showcases the poweful and explosive offense.

I try to be as realistic as possible about Auburn football. LSU has the most talented team in the SEC. I think they match up very favorably to Auburn this year. They have a 250 lbs. tailback that our small defense will have trouble with. (Think WSU's Woodridge except a decent OL to block for him). We haven't been strong against the run up the middle this year. Also, LSU's defense reminds me of Alabama 1992. Their run D will be much better than MSU's and MSU shut our running game down cold. Also, we seem to only have one serious threat at receiver. I'm sure they will Double up on CT. I don't see Auburn winning unless someone steps up, who hasn't done so before. Maybe a Tommy Trott or a Preache. We are going to have to throw to beat this improved LSU team.

31-0 :au: i think mushchamp and CTT have something special for lsu

24-3 :ua:

WOW, can I have some of what you got?

BTW, I sure hope he does have something special for LSU, but my gut tells me that Borges has a better plan than Muschamp for this one. I think the game comes down to which coordinator makes the better adjustments, Fisher or Muschamp.

With Fisher and Muschamp's intimate knowledge of the other, it's going to come down to what Pelini can do against Borges' offense. I'm not scared of Auburn's passing attack as much this year because the guys that killed us up and down the field last year (Mix, Aromashodu, Obomanu) are no longer on the team. No doubt Courtney Taylor is a great player, but I don't know how much success ya'll will have through the air.

Losing Mcneil will hurt AU. He shut down our pass rush singlehandedly last year.

LSU wins by 14 at home, and the home field advantage is worth 10....

I'll go with 21-17 in a mirrored effort of last year. :)

:blink: LSU is the visiting team. . . :headscratch:

If Auburn can pass the ball to set up the run, which LSU will try to stop the running of K.I. at all cost. Auburn wins

:au: 28

:lsu: 24

Additionally, what will the game be called?

"The Earthquake Game"

"The Night The Barn Burned"

"The Interception Game"

"The Extra Point Game"

"The Upright Game"

"The Cigar Game"

"Bring Back the Magic Night"

"The Disaster on the Plains" .. etc.

I'll go with "The Blindfold Game" as Auburn, up 28-0 in the waning moments, sends out John Vaughn blindfolded to hit a 40-yard FG. He makes it and AU wins 31-0.

Additionally, what will the game be called?

"The Earthquake Game"

"The Night The Barn Burned"

"The Interception Game"

"The Extra Point Game"

"The Upright Game"

"The Cigar Game" .. etc.

I'll go with "The Blindfold Game" as Auburn, up 28-0 in the waning moments, sends out John Vaughn blindfolded to hit a 40-yard FG. He makes it and AU wins 31-0.

I REALLY like the way you think! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Anyone who thinks we will hang 21+(3 TD'S) points on LSWho, is not thinking clearly. Can it be done? Sure, with some breaks, but all things even, I dont' see Auburn scoring more than 2 touchdowns. I don't see our "quick" (see small) defense lining up and playing smash mouth with the other tigers. Auburn also cannot run straight at LSWho. So, what does that leave? Our QB will have to have a HUGE day, we will need 3 turnovers by LSWho, and our kicker will have to hit 3 or more field goals.

38-17 Auburn.

Everyone is talking about LSU coming in and pulling the upset and doing it in a big way. This is the exact times that Miles got blown out and beaten up in the Big 12. Anyone remember his "Its gonna be tight and close and we are gonna take it" comments 30 seconds before OU busted him up.

He demonstrated against Tenn last year that he still has the choke in him, hoping he uses his oops or choke on us this year. He also did not do very well on the road as a HC at OSU.

With Fisher and Muschamp's intimate knowledge of the other, it's going to come down to what Pelini can do against Borges' offense. I'm not scared of Auburn's passing attack as much this year because the guys that killed us up and down the field last year (Mix, Aromashodu, Obomanu) are no longer on the team. No doubt Courtney Taylor is a great player, but I don't know how much success ya'll will have through the air.

Losing Mcneil will hurt AU. He shut down our pass rush singlehandedly last year.

I'll go with 21-17 in a mirrored effort of last year. :)

LSU by 14 at home? Pfffffffffttttt.....

LSU by 14 at home? Pfffffffffttttt.....

I feel that I gave enough reasoning, but whatever.

So you are another one who picks AU 31, LSU 0?

I got news for ya, Marcus Randall isn't going to be suiting up for LSU at QB. <_<

Archived