AU/LSU Score Predictions

WinCrimson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it were Sabin coaching, it would give the nod to LSU. But I really think Auburn has been spoiling for this game for a long time.

Not sure why, considering Saban was 0-3 at Auburn.

Because Saban was a great coach and you guys were doling out $$$ to Smoke Laval instead of using that money to keep CNS in Baton Rouge.

Because Saban was a great coach and you guys were doling out $$$ to Smoke Laval instead of using that money to keep CNS in Baton Rouge.

Not sure bammers need to be making such accusations...

Anyone who thinks we will hang 21+(3 TD'S) points on LSWho, is not thinking clearly. Can it be done? Sure, with some breaks, but all things even, I dont' see Auburn scoring more than 2 touchdowns. I don't see our "quick" (see small) defense lining up and playing smash mouth with the other tigers. Auburn also cannot run straight at LSWho. So, what does that leave? Our QB will have to have a HUGE day, we will need 3 turnovers by LSWho, and our kicker will have to hit 3 or more field goals.

Obviously you have a short memory... Auburn ran right through LSU the whole game last year. See Kenny irons stats to prove that(200+ yards). I think you are giving LSU WAY to much credit....They haven't played anybody yet....

Not sure bammers need to be making such accusations...

What accusation? Like saying that Saban was a great coach and they should have done everything in their power to keep him there?

And yes, the LSU dugout is now a Smoke-free environment, btw. :roflol:

With Fisher and Muschamp's intimate knowledge of the other, it's going to come down to what Pelini can do against Borges' offense. I'm not scared of Auburn's passing attack as much this year because the guys that killed us up and down the field last year (Mix, Aromashodu, Obomanu) are no longer on the team. No doubt Courtney Taylor is a great player, but I don't know how much success ya'll will have through the air.

Losing Mcneil will hurt AU. He shut down our pass rush singlehandedly last year.

LSU wins by 14 at home, and the home field advantage is worth 10....

I'll go with 21-17 in a mirrored effort of last year. :)

AU had 7 dropped passes, 5 missed field goals, & let S. Green return a punt for a TD. I like AU by at least 10. I don't see how LSU can stop everything AU has on offense. We have not seen B. Lester, K. Irons & C. Taylor all play on the field at the same time. We will this Saturday.

Oh, do I think AU will win by 31? Uhm.. Of course!

I honestly have no read on this game at all - both could come out with guns a'blazing. I would say LSU is probably slightly more prone to being blown out, but the odds of a blowout are remote either way.

I can see AU not stopping Russell. I can see AU not stopping the run. I can see LSU not stopping the run. I can see LSU not stopping the pass.

This game could go any number of ways.

Geez, all these high scoring predictions w/ these 2 terrific defenses.

AU-14, LSU-12

(The other game that day: Bama-42, ULM-14)

"LSU's defense reminds me of Alabama 1992"

You mean they have 2 jr. college transfers receiving more "incentives" than a Charlie Pell recruit?

blink.gif LSU is the visiting team. . . headscratch.gif

yeah, if the matchup were at LSU, we would win by 14, and since it isn't, that line shifts by 10.

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT......

You gave no reasoning other than rampant homerism. I think LSU's speed will be a problem for AU's defense and as much as it sickens me, I would not be surprised to see LSU win. But by 14?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....

blink.gif LSU is the visiting team. . . headscratch.gif

yeah, if the matchup were at LSU, we would win by 14, and since it isn't, that line shifts by 10.

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT......

You gave no reasoning other than rampant homerism. I think LSU's speed will be a problem for AU's defense and as much as it sickens me, I would not be surprised to see LSU win. But by 14?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....

Auburn's Defense is built for speed so we match up well against LSU's speed but we do lack size so if they are sucessful running the ball it may be a long day for Auburn.

I see this game 21-17 in favor of Auburn. In LSU they win by a FG. Neutral site AU by one

:au: 17

:lsu: 16

:ua: I don't really care

ULM

Additionally, what will the game be called?

"The Earthquake Game"

"The Night The Barn Burned"

"The Interception Game"

"The Extra Point Game"

"The Upright Game"

"The Cigar Game"

"Bring Back the Magic Night"

"The Disaster on the Plains" .. etc.

I'll go with "The Blindfold Game" as Auburn, up 28-0 in the waning moments, sends out John Vaughn blindfolded to hit a 40-yard FG. He makes it and AU wins 31-0.

You know guys, Gold Tigers and Orange Tigers, This really is a fun series.

Lets have no one injured and a good clean game.

I say, homefield advantage works out,

:au: 17

:lsu: 14

:au: 21-17 This game could go either way.

:ua: 31-7 (They should never again say anything about us playing "gimme" games.

Something (else) to consider (and my biggest concern re: this weekend's game): If you look at / compare the teams' strengths and weaknesses, the two most glaring weaknesses, IMHO, are both Auburn's:

1. Safety - Obviously, at least a few glaring breakdowns and missed tackles against Wazzu. Didn't get tested much vs. MSU (though I did notice T Davis around the ball a good bit when he was in the game).

2. Receiver - Rod Smith has made a few plays, but I'm still not sold on any of our receivers other than CT. I think you have to assume that LSU will scheme to take away the screens / swing passes to Irons and Lester. Maybe (hopefully?) CAB has been holding something (BIG) up his sleeve for LSU . . . ?

In any event, in addition to field position [special teams (ADV: Auburn) + Turnovers / takeaways (SLIGHT ADV: LSU) = Field position (SLIGHT ADV: Auburn)], I think a big key to the game will be whether and two what extent LSU is able to exploit AU's inexperience at safety and lack of a second proven playmaker in the passing game. Should be a great chess match between the coordinators . . .

Anyway, just my $.02. Should be a great one . . .

WAR EAGLE

Archived