LSU stats

DKW 86

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/school...kly-release.pdf

The LSU Tigers are..

1) ranked 1st in the nation in scoring defense (3.0)

2) 2nd in pass defense (90.0 ypg)

3) 3rd in total defense (164.0 ypg)

4) LSU has converted 15-of-23 third down conversions (65.2 %)

5) LSU has converted 34 straight trips to the red zone (26 touchdowns, eight field goals)

6) The Tigers have not allowed an offensive touchdown in their last 14 quarters. ( :arky: game in 2006.)

The LSU Tigers are..

5) LSU has converted 34 straight trips to the red zone (26 touchdowns, eight field goals)

6) The Tigers have not allowed an offensive touchdown in their last 14 quarters. ( :arky: game in 2006.)

If they can say the same this time next week, then I'll be impressed.

Yep, they are formidable. However, I don't really place too much stock in statistics this early in the season, especially given LSU's last two games.

That's not a knock against our worthy opponent. However, neither of their victories were against quality opponents, especially when you consider that Arizona was slated to be the cellar dweller in the Pac10.

We'll have a battle on our hands to be sure. However, I think the game will be settled on the question of turnovers. LSU seems to be prone to them more this year than Auburn.

If they would have given up a TD to ULL, it would have been the first time ever in a game with them. Texas aTm beat them 51-7.

Our stats this year would look similar if we played ULL and MSU or WSU.

However, neither of their victories were against quality opponents, especially when you consider that Arizona was slated to be the cellar dweller in the Pac10.

Actually, they were picked to finish ahead of Washington State. Pac-10 Predictions

Nonetheless, I agree, let's get into the meat of the schedule first.

This series has turned into the premier SEC game. It's UF-UT in the 90s and AU-Bama in the 80s. Meaning: the 18-22 year olds that make the fewest mistakes win. The teams are just too close, neither has a noticeably better coaching staff or talent.

I'd be more worried if that was a huge list of offensive stats rather than defense. I have no doubt we'll have an offensive gameplan ready for saturday, i'm more worried about stopping them.

Didn't UGA score an offensive touchdown in the SEC Championship games against LSU?!

Didn't UGA score an offensive touchdown in the SEC Championship games against LSU?!

Yeah, the streak is actually 12 qtrs dating back to the SECCG. (Miami, ULL, Zona)

LSU is a great team and this will be an all out war this weekend.

According to the NCAA website, Auburn has the 28th strength of schedule and LSU has the 40th. This would explain some of the inflated numbers for both squads.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Internet/t...9games_cumm.pdf

the streak is 14 quarters... uga put up 4 tds in the first half and sat on the ball in second. ended the game with 34 after two field goals in the second half. the streak is an inflated number thing, but it's still impressive.

both teams are going to be there to put on a show, and i'm just glad i get to watch.

the streak is 14 quarters... uga put up 4 tds in the first half and sat on the ball in second. ended the game with 34 after two field goals in the second half. the streak is an inflated number thing, but it's still impressive.

both teams are going to be there to put on a show, and i'm just glad i get to watch.

You're right....I forgot how they scored all thier TD's in the first half. I try to forget that game. B)

The LSU Tigers are..

If they can say the same this time next week, then I'll be impressed.

These are obviously "regular season" stats...because obviously in the SECCG UGA pummeled the faux tigers.

The LSU Tigers are..

The LSU Tigers are..

Stats look great but opponents were poor. We have chinks in the armor. I'm sure it will be a slugfest as always. 3 pts. +/- Good Luck!

Yeah, the defensive stats are pretty meaningless for this season. The no TD streak is pretty impressive since it includes the Miami game.

I REALLY enjoyed that Miami game. I was proud of your guys!

:au::homer:

Archived