What' the latest on Greg Smith?

auskull

Just wondering how things are progressing with him. Those LSU backs are big and I suspect they will try and exploit our middle.

I was going to wait until just before kick-off Saturday, but I have no discipline today.

Here's is a small part of my take on the LSU O. Defense later. I gotta get to bed, I'm sore.

From what I've seen they tend to block to one side, and push the defensive line to one side. They like the outside (pitch)and off tackle runs. They'll block by pushing 3 of four linemen to one side and brush off to catch the linebacker(s), then the other side opens up with the tightend blocking the DE. The Outside linebacker on that side will tend to go with the flow and then the TE brushes off to block the Outside linebacker coming back to home, while split-ends and flankers are cracking back towards the middle and downfield. They like the middle receiver when they send out three (TE, FL and Split end) on a same side strong set. Outside linebackers need to pick up the flats instead of blitzing as much. Our Def. linemen are quick enough to get the QB resulting in coverage sacks and ensuring more turnovers for AU, and possibly even a redux of '94 without the trailing score (insert Al Borges), that is. WDE!

Please forgive the errors, I have been at work all day.

I just saw that Mr. Smith is now on the scout team. looks like he's heading for a redshirt.

as a JUCO transfer???????

I just saw that Mr. Smith is now on the scout team. looks like he's heading for a redshirt.

as a JUCO transfer???????

Yes, he didn't redshirt while in JUCO, therefore, he has three years to play two.

I believe the consensus was that it would take too long to get him into playing shape to really contribute this year.

The next two to three years at least, Auburn should have a dominating interior D-Line, and if they can get a DE or two in the McClover or Groves mold they could be awesome.

The latest is that they have NOT decided on a redshirt yet...but that they thought he'd get in better shape, faster, by not standing around while the varsity goes through drills. This way, he can play his way into shape.

:au::homer:

Archived