Bama gives staff raises

quietfan

TM, maybe its because your insults are becoming more and more prevalent. You didnt used to be that way. But I guess the true homer will always come out in someone.

I have always made a point to be objective. Sure, I defend my school...to an extreme sometimes. But I also get sooooo sick of the homerism over here. And its not from THAT many people. And posters like double G dont bother me because I know exactly where he's coming from. He and I go our rounds, and its always over the top...but I KNOW at the end of the day...exactly what he's gonna say. You know like "hey you may have beaten Ole Miss by 30 points, but UA is still Ole miss because you were on the same field as them"

But your passive agressive smears get tired. Thats all. I guess maybe if you were MORE of an ass (or at least more overt about it) it wouldnt matter. :) But I get caught off guard when you are an ass sporadically.

Guess I just need to keep my eyes open around here ;)

To answer your question. No im not overjoyed with our scoring so far this year. But Im also not so naive to think that it wont get better. We have a rookie who's started a whopping 2 games.

But I also know Shula's MO. Ball control and shorten the game. The two fumbles in the red zone werent his fault last week. We didnt punt until almost the 4th Q. We moved the ball great, but sputtered in the red zone.

If we keep scoring low and lose games because of it...then ill really be concerned. But assuming a win saturday and we will have won 13 of our last 15. And I CANT complain about that. Considering the circumstances that Shula inherited.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you're a little slow, so let me break it down for you...

They allow Auburn fans to take classes at Alabama. And Alabama fans can sign up for classes at AU. They don't screen for that. ...

And some, like me, have degrees from both schools. I always say that means I took an educated, informed look at both schools and made the objective, rational decision as to which one was the better !

WDE! :cheer:

[Just thought I'd throw in a little humor between rounds of the maincard BG vs TM grudge match! :big: ]

Guest Tigrinum Major

BG, I have really stopped commenting on your team very much anymore. I have tried to focus my energy on more positive things. Even when I post on CrimsonTusks, it is usually about generic subjects, sometimes Auburn, never in a argumentative way. I tried of defending my school to a bunch of rival fans that would never agree with me anyway.

Insults? My little barbs and smartass replies are insults? In a passive aggressive manner, no less?

I'll be quite honest, I used to get my dander up when I was posting on this and other boards. Quite often, in fact. But about six months ago, I decided not to take this stuff too seriously anymore. It is cheap entertainment, pure and simple, nothing less, nothing more. Well, at times a great source of information and a forum to meet and get to know other Auburn folks. I cannot tell you the last time I truly was angered by something posted on here or any other board that I frequent for that matter, including some very derogatory things from an Arkansas board.

I've never had a thing against you, as I understand the rival board allure, as it were. If your delicate sensibilities cannot handle the "passive agressive smears" that will invariably spew forth from my fingertips, well, I don't know what to tell you. It really isn't meant in a mean spirited kind of way. I'm past that now.

Now, put your big girl panties on and deal with it, nancy.

popcorn.gif

I KNOW at the end of the day...exactly what he's gonna say. You know like "hey you may have beaten Ole Miss by 30 points, but UA is still Ole miss because you were on the same field as them"

Beat Ole Miss by 30 points? What? Are we combining years now? 28-7 + 13-10 = 41-17. Dang, two years won't do it. Let's try three:

28 - 7 + 13 - 10 + 28 - 43 = 71 - 60 CRAP! Going backward. Maybe four?

71 - 60 + 42 - 7 = 113 = 67! YES!! SUCCESS! Add up four years worth of results and you've got your 30-point win over the Rebels -- barely.

Thank Goodness for Dennis Franchione, if it weren't for his 42-7 in '02, we'd be dropping all the way back to DuBose to get there.

Back to the original subject. Giving Rader a raise is idiotic. He hasn't earned a raise. The defense has carried this team for almost 2 full seasons. They should give Kines a raise and anything else the man wants. Rader? He should take whatever they're good enough to bless him with and smile like he won the lottery.

Titan, if Shula calls the plays, and Rader's primary job is the QB coach...id say he's earned a raise.

Quite honestly, he should get some of Shula's salary until we start scoring more points :)

Hey, guys. THIS IS A GOOD THING.

uat spends more of its budget on coaches so it has less to spend on players. :poke: This may keep them out of trouble just a little longer. Now we can whip their azz without all of the excuses we have heard for years. Let the almighty uat spend their money and get nothing in return. They think that this is just good business for them. :) BUT IT REALLY IS FOR US.

frustratedclowns3fv.jpg

Look at the smiles on their face. :ua: must be breaking out a can on someone.

Titan, if Shula calls the plays, and Rader's primary job is the QB coach...id say he's earned a raise.

Quite honestly, he should get some of Shula's salary until we start scoring more points :)

How do you figure that? An OC that doesn't call plays but only coaches the QBs deserve a raise? :blink:

Must be that bammie logic again.

Guest Tigrinum Major

To answer your question. No im not overjoyed with our scoring so far this year. But Im also not so naive to think that it wont get better. We have a rookie who's started a whopping 2 games.

Whose play has been a bright spot so far. There is nothing you can blame on Wilson so far. He has been consistent and relatively error free so far.

But I also know Shula's MO. Ball control and shorten the game. The two fumbles in the red zone werent his fault last week. We didnt punt until almost the 4th Q. We moved the ball great, but sputtered in the red zone.

I agree that the two fumbles were not Shula's fault. Even though you didn't punt until almost the 4th quarter, you have to admit that 3 points in a half of SEC football is unacceptable no matter who you're playing, especially if it's Vandy.

If we keep scoring low and lose games because of it...then ill really be concerned. But assuming a win saturday and we will have won 13 of our last 15. And I CANT complain about that. Considering the circumstances that Shula inherited.

Just win, baby. The mantra of Alabama football and Al Davis. As far as your last sentence, that is laughable. Shula came into a mess, no doubt. But now, 4 seasons into the Shula era, your best OL is a freshman, your All-SEC back is sputtering and you are one blindside hit away from Marc Guillon at quarterback.

Alabama's first team is still able to play with anyone, but their depth still sucks. No more probation, no more of Fran's ineptness as a recruiter (although he brought in some hella defensive players) and no more uncertainty about the coaching staff to fall back on.

You're headed for a fall of precipitous proportions. Godspeed.

We have proof that he is affiliated in some way with your alma mater, probably a student as he claims.

Don't you have some fanspoll votes to tally?

I know you're a little slow, so let me break it down for you...

They allow Auburn fans to take classes at Alabama. And Alabama fans can sign up for classes at AU. They don't screen for that. So this particular individual can fall into that category. I know you SOOOO want them to be a UA fan...since he keeps slamming UA and it would make you feel so good about yourself. But it's obvious that this person is NOT a UA fan.

I don't understand tha Fanspoll dig. But whatever. People like you make this place less and less enjoyable. Luckily, you are in the vast minority here.

I agree.

It's impossible for someone to be SOOO anti-Bama and then call themselves an Alabama fan. What a freaking poser.

have you seen any of pcchamp or PowerI's posts. They claim to AU fans, but judging by what they post you would guess otherwise. Or is it just to hard for you and BG to swallow that a bama fan could actually be open minded about their football and call things for what they are???

have you seen any of pcchamp or PowerI's posts. They claim to AU fans, but judging by what they post you would guess otherwise. Or is it just to hard for you and BG to swallow that a bama fan could actually be open minded about their football and call things for what they are???

Thats the thing though. Unless bama fans are willing to admit that all is lost and we arent ever going to win another game ever ever ever...then we are all delusional. And you guys are always telling us that we need to embrace the few loons out there who are willing to be irrational and take the hardest shots at our program...yet you wouldnt embrace those fans when they were saying the same things about AU.

We could go 13-0 this year and win it all...and unless we werent willing to say "well bama is probably going to go 2-11 next year" then we are "drinking the kool aid"

I said we were gonna win 9 last year, and you all called me crazy and that shula sucks...blah blah blah. Now that im not willing to become an AU fan and give up on my team...im crazy again?

Thats the thing though. Unless bama fans are willing to admit that all is lost and we arent ever going to win another game ever ever ever...then we are all delusional. And you guys are always telling us that we need to embrace the few loons out there who are willing to be irrational and take the hardest shots at our program...yet you wouldnt embrace those fans when they were saying the same things about AU.

We could go 13-0 this year and win it all...and unless we werent willing to say "well bama is probably going to go 2-11 next year" then we are "drinking the kool aid"

I said we were gonna win 9 last year, and you all called me crazy and that shula sucks...blah blah blah. Now that im not willing to become an AU fan and give up on my team...im crazy again?

Wrong..this has only to do with you and winc assuming thatguy is an AU fan posing as a bama fan. You, winc, thatguy, argo can talk about bama all you want to and how many more MNCs you are going to win....at least look at things objectively about the program. Why can a bama fan not speak the truth as they see it?? What has been said by him that is irrational? If AU's offense had been floundering like bama's the past two years I would be the one calling for hte OC to go, I sure wouldn't applaud him getting a raise.

I never called you crazy and I for one expected bama to win 8 or 9 last year. Who is wanting you to become an AU fan?? That makes no sense.

All I am saying is that some guy that has said he is a bama fan speaks about bama as he sees it, which is apparently contrary to how you and winc see bama, and he is a poser. He could be, I don't know! Disagree and go on. You have never been like that, but lately it seems you have moved to nothing is wrong at bama. If that is how you feel then that is how you feel. But on the outside looking in, some folks, including one bama fan sees otherwise. That is the way things are.

Actually, I've told BG many times that he needs to give it up and become an Auburn fan. :big:

I mean, so what if the ol' sheepskin says UAT on it? My cousin is an Auburn fan but went to West Vance because of the major he wanted to pursue and it was only 45 minutes from home. And amazingly he came out unscathed.

Of course, we would love for him to leave the dark (pink) side. (just for you WarTim). I understand allegiance though.

You, winc, thatguy, argo can talk about bama all you want to and how many more MNCs you are going to win

I dont talk like that. I havent said we were a NC contender since the 2000 season. As a matter of fact...i dont read ANY bama fans talking title this year. Especially none that post on WEN.

at least look at things objectively about the program

And to you guys..."objectively" ONLY qualifies when you ignore ALL the good about bama and start screaming the sky is falling. Again, the only ones you qualify as rational...are the ones who sound JUST like Auburn fans.

But if the shoe were on the other foot, you guys would crucify an AU fan if he went over to a bama board talking like that.

Yeah we havent scored a ton of points. But last time i checked...we were 12-2 since the start of the 05 season. We were an overtime play away from being 13-1.

And you think i should be starting a pickett line in ttown trying to run shula out of town? The only egg shula has laid since he got brodie back was against AU last year.

You, winc, thatguy, argo can talk about bama all you want to and how many more MNCs you are going to win

I dont talk like that. I havent said we were a NC contender since the 2000 season. As a matter of fact...i dont read ANY bama fans talking title this year. Especially none that post on WEN.

at least look at things objectively about the program

And to you guys..."objectively" ONLY qualifies when you ignore ALL the good about bama and start screaming the sky is falling. Again, the only ones you qualify as rational...are the ones who sound JUST like Auburn fans.

But if the shoe were on the other foot, you guys would crucify an AU fan if he went over to a bama board talking like that.

Yeah we havent scored a ton of points. But last time i checked...we were 12-2 since the start of the 05 season. We were an overtime play away from being 13-1.

And you think i should be starting a pickett line in ttown trying to run shula out of town? The only egg shula has laid since he got brodie back was against AU last year.

Not for me, of only whom I am speaking not the WEN family (of which you are a part), if bama plays well I give them props, i.e. Florida game last year. You for the most part have been rational, I was just talking about y'all calling out thatguy. Truth is the truth no matter how much you don't want to hear it. IF AU had been playing poorly I would be one of first ones to be concerned and possibly critical in a positive way.

AN OT away from 13-1 and a play per game away from 7-7 also.

I have never said anything about running sheila out of town, by all means, PLEASE PLEASE keep in ttown. The offense lays an egg practically every game, BG. The tougher than most D is the only thing that has kept bama in a game or in the lead to hold on for dear life. Bama last year with the AU offense/LSU offense/UGA offense would have been tough to beat!!!

Archived