Our DB's

PowerI

This is the match up that scares me the most. We have several young corners and they will be matched up against LSU's experienced receivers. I hope we can cover them.

Isn't this always the case? Even when Carlos was back there it seemed it was a concern as well.

Of course we would play off the receiver 10-15 yards. Not this year.

A realistic analysis of these to teams always brings me back to this matchup too. Say what you want about the missed field goals last year but I thought our secondary play was what ate us up. LSU seemed to convert every crucial 3rd down and be WIDE open in the process.

Having said that, it became apparent by the end of the season that it wasn't young corners or safeties or lack of athleticism. It was coaching, plain and simple. Our DBs were not one step behind in the LSU, UGA and Wisconsin games. They were going the wrong freakin' way. Their receivers are awesome and they're going to get theirs. But hopefully, Muschamp has these guys doing the right things back there and we can stay with them.

Guest Tigrinum Major

This is the match up that scares me the most. We have several young corners and they will be matched up against LSU's experienced receivers. I hope we can cover them.

That Irons kid and the Wilhite dude don't have a clue, do they?

Go back to where ever you had been hiding. Your constant negativity makes my eyes bleed.

You are so way off base that you don't have a clue. :no: Both of the corners are second year starters. Our safeties are newer. Brock played a pretty good bit last year. Davis and Savage are first year starters but more talented than any safety we have had at that postion in years!!!!!!

Get a clue!

I don't know about in years. We had a pretty good safety in Rosegreen I recall. Everyone needs to quit frettin so, CWM will have them ready to knock a lung loose!! War Eagle!!

I don't know about in years. We had a pretty good safety in Rosegreen I recall. Everyone needs to quit frettin so, CWM will have them ready to knock a lung loose!! War Eagle!!

That's what I'm talkin' about.

I can see where you are coming from but I think our coaching is much better this year. The one thing that scares me is if Russell has to scramble and the receivers break off their routes and lose our db's because they are concerned with the qb running. Russell has done this very well. A broken play can turn out to be a game winner and back breaker.

Yes, they are, because you can't hide a defensive backfield that doesn't have the repititions yet and making 3 world class plays for every 1 you screw up doesn't work in the defensive secondary...it results in TDs for the other team. Consistency makes a secondary good. We're talented, a couple road games from now our secondary could be special. :au:

Archived