Gas Prices,,,,,,,

Tigermike

President Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use.

The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 21 million illegal immigrants! That would be 21 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down

<_<

The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 21 million illegal immigrants! That would be 21 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down

<_<

If we really want to make a difference, let's deport the 60 million morons who voted for Bush. ;)

<_<

If we really want to make a difference, let's deport the 60 million morons who voted for Bush. ;)

Better still deport the 55 million losers who voted for the French guy. B)

<_<

Spoken like the true "moderate" you claim to be!

Hippie

<_<

Hippie

Just curious. How many brilliant people voted for Bush?

<_<

Hippie

<_<

Hippie

Just curious. It still hurts deeply that the best you "brilliant" people could nominate lost twice to Bush, doesn't it? You nominated a wooden Indian who invented the internet and a French guy who doesn't know from day to day what he stands for and laid all your hopes and dreams of power and appeasement on them. Every day when you "brilliant" people look in the mirror, you have to say to yourself, we lost to Bush twice!

<_<

Better still deport the 55 million losers who voted for the French guy. B)

Man sign me up for that! Wow, we wouldnt have to hear "We Hate Bush" for the rest of our lives!

<_<

Hippie

Just curious. It still hurts deeply that the best you "brilliant" people could nominate lost twice to Bush, doesn't it? You nominated a wooden Indian who invented the internet and a French guy who doesn't know from day to day what he stands for and laid all your hopes and dreams of power and appeasement on them. Every day when you "brilliant" people look in the mirror, you have to say to yourself, we lost to Bush twice!

TigerMike, THIS is the real reason for the anger in the Democratic Party. They are eaten up with anger over losing to a man they consider to be the biggest dolt in America. But, as you said, they nominated a man that turned out to be a caricature of himself. A REAL live leftwing whackadoo. A cigar store indian named Gore. He lost for good reason.

Then they nominated a guy that is really a ship without a rudder. Cool breeze Kerry. His ideas and character shift so often that jacques Chirac couldnt make heads or tails of the man. I saw him roasted on Hardball about 2-3 months ago. Chris Matthews just sat there and marvelled at a man that had just flipped flopped again on his show doing one of his patented policy reversals again. Matthews asked him "Sentaor, do you not realize that reversing your field is what cost you the election last time?" Kerry just sat there looking like a small child that had not receivevd enough attention.

And these are the BEST the Democrats have?

I'm not so sure that is the bottom line. I told everyone months ago that the high proces could not last. That the supply of oil was stacking up and the price wouls eventually crash. Thisis the nature of supply and demand. Free market enterprise and all that. That it happened with elections coming up is just a coincidence. I mean, Bush is so stupid that he could not have planned this.

You guys are such hypocrits. On one hand you say Bush is the dumbest pres of all time and on the other you say he orchestrated something like this. What a long swing your pendulum has.

BTW. Osama is in a spider hole. We'll pull him out around the end of October........

stahler2002714560920.gif

BottomFeeder, you've found the Bottom Line.

There is SOME cyclical nature to this, but I agree, it is kind of funny how gas prices fall every Sept and Oct before a national election, no matter who is in power.

I'm not so sure that is the bottom line. I told everyone months ago that the high proces could not last. That the supply of oil was stacking up and the price wouls eventually crash. Thisis the nature of supply and demand. Free market enterprise and all that. That it happened with elections coming up is just a coincidence. I mean, Bush is so stupid that he could not have planned this.

You guys are such hypocrits. On one hand you say Bush is the dumbest pres of all time and on the other you say he orchestrated something like this. What a long swing your pendulum has.

BTW. Osama is in a spider hole. We'll pull him out around the end of October........

I think he's in a freezer to be removed and begin the thawing process about October the 20th. Displayed on October 25th, 2006.

There is SOME cyclical nature to this, but I agree, it is kind of funny how gas prices fall every Sept and Oct before a national election, no matter who is in power.

Not funny at all. Demand goes down as summer comes to an end. Also, ( and I thought folks on this board would have realized this ) the boutique blends which the Eco-fascsists have arm twisted and force fed us to take during the spring and summer months are no longer mandated in the fall. Because of this, fewer varieties of gas are produced,and prices drop 10-15 cents automatically. Continue to add to the fact there were no Gulf of Mexico hurricanes , greater (relative ) stability in the world oil market and there's nothing immediatly on the horizon which is spooking the future's market to jack up the oil prices. Do you REALLY think that the GOP has control over how Oil is sold through out the world ? You think Karl Rove can dictate to China just how much a demand it can put on the oil supply ? <_<

C'mon now. Be smarter than THAT!

Not funny at all. Demand goes down as summer comes to an end. Also, ( and I thought folks on this board would have realized this ) the boutique blends which the Eco-fascsists have arm twisted and force fed us to take during the spring and summer months are no longer mandated in the fall. Because of this, fewer varieties of gas are produced,and prices drop 10-15 cents automatically. Continue to add to the fact there were no Gulf of Mexico hurricanes , greater (relative ) stability in the world oil market and there's nothing immediatly on the horizon which is spooking the future's market to jack up the oil prices. Do you REALLY think that the GOP has control over how Oil is sold through out the world ? You think Karl Rove can dictate to China just how much a demand it can put on the oil supply ? <_<

C'mon now. Be smarter than THAT!

I say again: "it is kind of funny how gas prices fall every Sept and Oct before a national election, no matter who is in power."

The Gas prices seemed to fall every fall Clinton was in power. Like I said there is some cylicalness in the numbers. But I guess I am getting a little cynical about it too.

Yes, they are changing the mixture for winter mix this time of year at the refineries, but such tremendous drop in crude prices can only be attributed to a dump of supply into the market. Supply UP, Prices DOWN. Demand should be relatively constant during this period due to the last five years of demand steadily increasing. That's ECONOMICS 101. Once the elections are over they'll find a reason to raise prices again, just watch and see. For the saavy, it's another buying opportunity. Another reason for the rapid change in prices is the lying through the teeth of our own government controlled by spiritual wickedness in high places releasing numbers they banked over the last say two years or so. Market goes up, peoples 401K statements should look good for the Nov. elections, it's psych 101. Temporal statisfaction relieves the pain of the past in just enough time for the votes to be counted or not counted.

Ahhh, the flesh, it's a 11719bitch_w_litter.jpg ain't it?

The Gas prices seemed to fall every fall Clinton was in power. Like I said there is some cylicalness in the numbers. But I guess I am getting a little cynical about it too.

DKW, I heard ya the 1st time. But the point I was trying to make was that it's irrelevent who's in power, the restrictions by the EPA on the variety of gas blends we're forced to produce is WHY gas prices will ALWAYS drop some in the fall. Summer = more boutique blends which costs more $$ and takes longer for oil to be processed into gasoline. When fall comes, there are far fewer blends required, so it effectively increases the supply. That, coupled w/ the natural decrease in demand will drop the prices in the fall, always. That we have our elections in Nov. is simply a notable coincidence, and not related to the rise / fall of gas prices.

And all I am saying is that I can see why the lesser informed among us can make the generalization that gas prices are fixed. I understand and agree with you. I just realize that, no matter how silly, I can see a lot of folks thiking they are all just controlled by politics.

Take it from one who is in the oil bidness - our stock and the stock of our biggest oil company customers always goes up in the summer, and falls in the fall. People take profits out of the market once the summer driving season and (for my business) hurricane season is over, since both of those factors affect the stock price of oil companies and oil services companies.

Gas is $2.16 in Houston right now - has fallen over 80 cents in the last month. Summer is over. Gas will be $2 or lower by December. This has NOTHING to do with politics or elections and EVERYTHING to do with supply, demand and - Raptor got it EXACTLY right - the lifting of environmental restrictions imposed during the summer months. The stockpiles of gas are usually the standard blends, not the specialized summer high ethanol stuff - so we have our supply back and prices drop.

Interestingly enough - last weekend, gas was in the $2.20's in Montgomery, about what was in Houston when we left - but in New Orleans, it is STILL in the $2.50 range. There are still a lot of convenience stores and gas stations that never re-opened. That right there should demonstrate plainly that it is supply and demand that sets prices, not the Republican Cabal the libbies want to believe in.

Take it from one who is in the oil bidness - our stock and the stock of our biggest oil company customers always goes up in the summer, and falls in the fall. People take profits out of the market once the summer driving season and (for my business) hurricane season is over, since both of those factors affect the stock price of oil companies and oil services companies.

Gas is $2.16 in Houston right now - has fallen over 80 cents in the last month. Summer is over. Gas will be $2 or lower by December. This has NOTHING to do with politics or elections and EVERYTHING to do with supply, demand and - Raptor got it EXACTLY right - the lifting of environmental restrictions imposed during the summer months. The stockpiles of gas are usually the standard blends, not the specialized summer high ethanol stuff - so we have our supply back and prices drop.

Interestingly enough - last weekend, gas was in the $2.20's in Montgomery, about what was in Houston when we left - but in New Orleans, it is STILL in the $2.50 range. There are still a lot of convenience stores and gas stations that never re-opened. That right there should demonstrate plainly that it is supply and demand that sets prices, not the Republican Cabal the libbies want to believe in.

So, much for my theory. I still believe prices will go up. The hurricane season ends November 30, and chances of a major hurricane were extended until the end of October to later revised to two storms for October, so keep your fingers crossed. El nino has limited the 2006 hurricane season. But this, in itself, won't cause prices to remain high. It'll take an event "like a new pearl harbor", putting fear back into American's hearts.

El Nino may calm 2006 hurricane season

http://www.physorg.com/news76869698.html

In Chicago, the ethanol mix is sold year around.

So, Jenny Financial 101 says buy oil company stock for Christmas, sell it in August for a beach vacation?

Here's a question: Why do they charge 9/10ths of a cent on the gallon of gas? Do they think they're fooling the public with an attempt to make us think the gallon that costs 2.29 really costs 2.28, or is there a legitimate reason?

Archived