"The physicality of the game was off the charts"

DCTiger

yeah, it's ok I guess. I never considered SI to be a legit sports source.

They are not much better than tabloid pimping. But a truthful article, better

ones have been written in newspapers across the region.

He mentioned in there about not expecting any 42-41 games. I disagree, I think you are going to see a game where an offense finally clicks against a tough defense, figures some weakness out, and the other team pulls out all the stops to match them on the scoreboard. Case in point, AU and UG both had pretty good defenses last year, what was the final score of that one? (Also, don't forget AU's 1st quarter against 'Bama's #1 in the whole-wide-world defense last year.)

Did anyone actually count how many times the game Saturday was stopped for injuries? Thankfully none of them was severe/season-ending (assuming Cole Bennett makes it back before December and doesn't take a medical redshirt), but it seemed like there were a lot more Tigers from both sides limping off after plays than in most games. That speaks volumes about how hard they were hitting on Pat Dye Field Saturday.

Did anyone actually count how many times the game Saturday was stopped for injuries? Thankfully none of them was severe/season-ending (assuming Cole Bennett makes it back before December and doesn't take a medical redshirt), but it seemed like there were a lot more Tigers from both sides limping off after plays than in most games. That speaks volumes about how hard they were hitting on Pat Dye Field Saturday.

Yeah, it was a lot. I found myself wondering if there were any rules against faking injuries for clock management. Seems like a good strategy. But, those guys were beat up bad on Saturday, not faking.

Archived