Some thoughts on the SC experience

CircleDrill

I had a great time, especially after the clock ran out and we were still winning. I went with my girlfriend whose parents live in Columbia about a mile from the stadium, so we pulled in about 3 from Atlanta on Thurs and walked over about 4:30. Met some of her friends who went to USC(she graduated from Wofford) at the BP right next to the stadium and ate and drank beforehand. I thought the stadium was pretty nice. It looks really cool with the flying buttresses the lights are on. Only heard one negative thing from a USC fan on the way out of the game. I guess the like to talk sh*t after they get beat.

Anyway, we hung around for the weekend and she showed me around Columbia. Ate at Groucho's for lunch on Fri and that was very tasty. All in all I had a pretty enjoyable trip.

Oh, and our seats were right on the 50 all the way up under the press box so we stayed dry. Driving by the stadium on Sat afternoon I realized just how little area that covers. We were def lucky to be up there with the amount of rain that came down. I couldn't really get a feel for how loud it was since we were under cover and basically in a box up there so it was really loud up there. I will say they do have some dedicated fans though.

Hate y'all ran into jerks while in Colunbia... hate I've run into a few here in the AUNation.

USuCk?...... good one I reckon. Didn't mean to instigate flaming.

Reckon I'll go.... good luck Tigers.... run the table.

My experience was pretty good... One thing in the stadium that was great was the backrests on the bleacher seats... Heard a few "What are ya'll, Tigers or War Eagles?" (Seriously,, how long has USC been in the SEC now?) Nice fans overall,,, reminded me a little of bama fans. I went to Charleston on Friday and that city is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!!! So much history in that city and beautiful architecture.. ( and beautiful women) Kinda like a real classy New Orleans.. my trip would be given an A+!!!!

SPitcup...........

I grew up in a Clemson house and escaped to Auburn with a clear sense of reality....

but my disdain for the Cocks will never end! Good luck the rest of the season (Except the last game of the year) :)

SPitcup...........

I grew up in a Clemson house and escaped to Auburn with a clear sense of reality....

but my disdain for the Cocks will never end! Good luck the rest of the season (Except the last game of the year) :)

This was my second trip to Columbia for a game and both were good experiences. We won both times so that helps. Two of my son-in-laws are Clemson grads so naturally I get biased opinions when the subject of SC comes up. But I must say that I haven't had any real problems with the fans or the general situation. The only real bad thing I experienced was the traffic jam after the game. We were lucky enough to have a permit fron an SC friend to park free right across the street from the stadium and tailgate there. But the taffic after the game was the worst I've seen anywhere.

General comments:

--for a night game, the stadium is really rocking and a great environment for a game. Even Tubs mad a similar observation. The fans were into it but I didn't see any real rude behavior. I've seen lots worse at Auburn.

--the over setting for the stadium doesn't do anything for me. It's not on campus, not even within reasonable walking distance from campus. It is in an ugly commercial area and across from fairgrounds. When you have a game and the fair at the same time it's not something you want to experience. But the stadium itself is nice and inside it's good.

--all the fans I encountered were nice and I did talk to a lot of them around the hotel and before the game. Auburn isn't a big rival for them. Clemson and Georgia are. One experience was especially nice. As we came down from our upper deck seats after the game and reached the gate, the SC fans formed a wall and let the Auburn fans exit first. They said "just remember, we aren't Georgia fans."

My wife and I had a great time at the game. We were treated very well. As soon as we got to the stadium with the bad weather looming and seeing how geeked up the USC players and fans were I turned to my wife and told her, "This is going to be a very close hard fought game!!" Before we went to the gam I thought we would win by 21. The atmosphere and target on our backs was immense!! I am very happy with the W and give alot of credit to Spurrier's play calling and his kids executing to the best of their ability. It was the best game USC has played this year, maybe even in two years.

WDE!! :au:

Archived