Week #1 BCS AU #4

Aubie16

just aired them on fox.

probably because of the strength of the lsu and florida wins...it'll probably drop after we play the next 3.

But wow!! did not expect that.

Wow.... that's all I gotta say... wow - where were the computer rankings 2 years ago?

Something tells me those computer rankings will drop us over the next 3 weeks

I can't think about MNC right now... not when we're not even controlling our own destiny for the SECCG. Never thought I'd be one to say this... but ONE GAME AT A TIME!

OTOH, #4, a very pleasant surprise:)

WOW...didn't expect that... with our next three opp. being Tulane, Ole Miss, and Arkansas State we likely need to really pour it on these teams to keep that spot.....two of them above us play each other...who knows how it will all shake out...

Does AU have another projected "close game" the rest of the season? The biggest tests will be UGA and Bama, but neither one of us are anything special. Tulane, Ole Miss, and your other homecoming fodder are in the bag... Now, you just have to pull against the Hogs.

Holy crap. I hate to say this--and as much as I want to be in the BCS, but I think this proves the entire system is screwed.

Us? #4? I bet the people at West Virginia are going to riot if they go undefeated and get excluded.

Holy crap. I hate to say this--and as much as I want to be in the BCS, but I think this proves the entire system is screwed.

Us? #4? I bet the people at West Virginia are going to riot if they go undefeated and get excluded.

The Cards will beat UWV.

Well, I'm definitely up the "one game at a time" school. BUT USC could quite possibly lose a game. And, obviously, Michigan or Ohio State will lose a game. If we don't screw up again.... :Sing:

Wait! Have I lost my cotton-picking mind? ONE GAME AT A TIME! ONE GAME AT A TIME! ONE GAME AT A TIME! ONE GAME AT A TIME! ONE GAME AT A TIME! :banghead:

I do not understand why USC is so high in the BCS. As good as I believe we are in my heart, I am pleasantly surprised at how high WE are. But, I know that we deserve it. I don't believe in any way, that USC deserves to be #2, if this poll is completely based on this year. I would have to guess that their teams from the two years past went into that ranking, and that is unfair.

... but I think this proves the entire system is screwed. ...

But we knew that already! I think this falls under the phrase, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

I don't get it - did they just forget to include the Computer Rankings? Because they are all .000 ratings.

But don't expect anything to happen with Auburn even if they were to win out and USC were to lose. WVU and UL haven't had a big time game yet and once they play eachother, that will vastly improve their SOS and thus their computer rankings. There isn't much room for Auburn to move up, but there is much for the WVU/UL to gain ground. Even if AU were to win out - it's because of UF we are ranked so high. But either they lose again or even if AU were to beat them in the SEC CG, it will actually hurt the AU SOS.

I don't get it - did they just forget to include the Computer Rankings? Because they are all .000 ratings.

But don't expect anything to happen with Auburn even if they were to win out and USC were to lose. WVU and UL haven't had a big time game yet and once they play eachother, that will vastly improve their SOS and thus their computer rankings. There isn't much room for Auburn to move up, but there is much for the WVU/UL to gain ground. Even if AU were to win out - it's because of UF we are ranked so high. But either they lose again or even if AU were to beat them in the SEC CG, it will actually hurt the AU SOS.

Just curious... Do lightning bolts shoot out of that black cloud that follows you around?

So what do you think will happen? All you have are insults but you don't bring an argument to the table...

I'm not saying I want the following to necessarily happen, but from a National Title scene - this could be the best:

Auburn, UF, LSU all win out. Arkansas loses only one game (beats Tennessee). Arkansas goes to the SEC CG and loses to UF. From a computer ranking point of view, that would probably be Auburn's best option. We all remember when AU beat UT two years ago, the computer rankings didn't help us with the combination of already being 3rd and our "best victory" being against a team that just lost. It's almost similar to the reason of Texas being ranked so far behind.

Obviously the above means nothing if USC doesn't lose. And it would bring up a lot of controversy to see who would go on - SEC Champ UF or AU, the only team that defeated them

I just hope Auburn keeps winning and beats Bama. If we don't go to the MNC its fine by me. War Eagle! 27-17!

So what do you think will happen? All you have are insults but you don't bring an argument to the table...

All you brought were gloom and despair scenarios previously. I ask a question, you see an insult. Nice going, Eeyore.

I think the computer rankings are really a this team beat this team that beat this team type deal. And it think it revolves around a few critical non-conf games. For example, the sec did well against non-conf teams this year with the exception of ark against usc and ms st and WV. The year auburn ran the table the SEC lost a lot of non-conf games. Again, i'm just throwing out some thoughts. I know the acc and big 12 have been bad this year which never hurts.

I'm not saying I want the following to necessarily happen, but from a National Title scene - this could be the best:

Auburn, UF, LSU all win out. Arkansas loses only one game (beats Tennessee). Arkansas goes to the SEC CG and loses to UF. From a computer ranking point of view, that would probably be Auburn's best option. We all remember when AU beat UT two years ago, the computer rankings didn't help us with the combination of already being 3rd and our "best victory" being against a team that just lost. It's almost similar to the reason of Texas being ranked so far behind.

Obviously the above means nothing if USC doesn't lose. And it would bring up a lot of controversy to see who would go on - SEC Champ UF or AU, the only team that defeated them

I just hope Auburn keeps winning and beats Bama. If we don't go to the MNC its fine by me. War Eagle! 27-17!

Between S. Carolina, Ole Miss, UT, and LSU.... I just don't see Arky winning 3 out of the 4. I will be completely suprised if the beat UT or LSU. I think S. Carolina can possibly beat them if USC can successfully contain Arky running game?? At best I see Arky splitting those 2-2 and we go to Atlanta (cross fingers). As long as we win and don't flounder against Tulane, Ole Miss, and Arky St we won't move any. We should drum all of them.

I really think So. Cal. falls with still playing Oregon, Cal, ND, and UCLA. Of course, if ND beats them then that love fest starts over again. But I really think ORegon and Cal may beat USC. Except for Arky, USC has not scored over 30 this year, which is unusual. Booty is prone to throw an INT a game.

Nebraska play Texas this week. Which will hurt USCs standings b/c Texas should beat them. Then Nebraska still has to play Mizzou, who could beat them also.

OSU and Michigan play each other and come into it undefeated. Michigan plays Iowa this week who is capable of beating them despite their performance against Indy this past week. OSU really has no test until Michigan, having Indy this week, Minnesota, Illinois, and N'western.

Interesting ones to watch will be WVU and L'ville. Both still have to play each other, Rutgers, Pitt, and S. Florida. I think Rutgers can beat both of them. All those games will be high scoring which is to L'ville's and Rutgers benefit b/c they have the better Ds than WVU.

We really need LSU and UF to win out. UT needs to beat Arky. I think we need to get to the SECCG to have MNC consideration. That extra win might be the boost we need. Hard to believe winning out, being out of SECCG, and being in the mix of the MNC. If Arky wins out then they have beaten UT and LSU and will move up in the polls. Down side is Arky losing 2 for us to get to the SECCG, which will not help our SOS. BUT on the upside LSU will have beat them and move out as UF winning out help. Of course, this all means a rematch wiht UF in the SECCG.

Lots of football to play and we will just take it one game at a time. Too much what ifs to worry about. I say that after I have spent all this time typing this. :rolleyes:

WAR EAGLE and one at a time!!!!!!!

They don't need much prompting to riot regardless of their position.

An Ohio State-West Virginia BCS title game would ensure that one or both of Columbus and Morgantown will be set ablaze at the conclusion.

I was very surprised that :au: came in at #4, but there's still a whooooole lot of football to be played.

The Cards will beat UWV.

Of course, in that case, Louisville will have grounds for complaining if they go undefeated and get left out.

We will drop to 5th or 6th the next couple weeks. The question is how good the computers think Georgia and Bama are. If we win out we should be the BCS 2 or 3 at the season's end (Assuming FL and LSU keep winning).

Archived