How about this scenario?

pmurphy

How about we just win all of our games and talk about the scenarios after the iron bowl victory.

I agree but some people never get it and just can't resist talking about polls.

How about we just win all of our games and talk about the scenarios after the iron bowl victory.

Hear! Hear! Have we not learned our lesson after Arkansas? All this poll talk is useless if we don't win out.

Raise your hand if you think that a bunch of fans talking on a message board was the reason Arkansas embarrased our defense? Anyone......Anyone....Bueller? While it does bear mentioning that some or all of the scenarios being discussed will be eliminated in the coming weeks, it's pretty arrogant to think that this thread has anything at all to do with the teams performance. I know that talk gets back to the players, but if any of our guys are thinking "This'll be easy. Bob the accountant from Slapout thinks we'll kill Arkansas because our 4-3 defense is geared to stop the run", then we have very, very severe problems with the program. So lets just not allow all of the current AU football players on this board to post about the BCS (I know your in here somewhere Mr. Cox), while the rest of us discuss anything and everything Auburn.

No, not really, never :) ...... But, with me it is really just a matter of good versus bad karma!! :big: One game at a time seems to be the current theam of the staff and players and since they really are the ones that matter under the circumstances, maybe adopting that line of thought is not really such a bad idea.

No, not really, never :) ...... But, with me it is really just a matter of good versus bad karma!! :big: One game at a time seems to be the current theam of the staff and players and since they really are the ones that matter under the circumstances, maybe adopting that line of thought is not really such a bad idea.

OK, I'll buy the "keep the bad JuJu away" angle.

Hear! Hear! Have we not learned our lesson after Arkansas? All this poll talk is useless if we don't win out.

Raise your hand if you think that a bunch of fans talking on a message board was the reason Arkansas embarrased our defense? Anyone......Anyone....Bueller? While it does bear mentioning that some or all of the scenarios being discussed will be eliminated in the coming weeks, it's pretty arrogant to think that this thread has anything at all to do with the teams performance. I know that talk gets back to the players, but if any of our guys are thinking "This'll be easy. Bob the accountant from Slapout thinks we'll kill Arkansas because our 4-3 defense is geared to stop the run", then we have very, very severe problems with the program. So lets just not allow all of the current AU football players on this board to post about the BCS (I know you're in here somewhere Mr. Cox), while the rest of us discuss anything and everything Auburn.

I don't think anybody said anything about football players watching the thread and getting too high on themselves... so what are you talking about? <_<

what I am saying is that it's pointless to speculate about scenarios right now when so much have yet to be played out. Before Arkansas everybody was so high on the polls (me included) and were just all about poll position etc etc........... then we get spanked. So now, while #4 is nice, it doesn't mean anything if we don't even control our own destiny in our own conference.

Next time before you decide to unleash the attack dogs, stay on topic.

Now take this one for a ride:

- Michigan gets upset by Iowa this week

- Ohio State loses to Michigan

- USC loses to one of those 3 good teams (Cal, UCLA, Oregon)

- West Virginia loses to Louisville

- But Louisville loses to Rutgers

Confusing and unlikely, I know. But this could make AU jump to #1 and Florida up to #2. Therefore, IF both AU and UF win out and make it to Atlanta, the SEC Championship game would also essentially be the National Championship game (#1 vs. #2), allowing the SEC to rub it in the faces of the whole country.

This would make the SEC like the AFC (superior) in the NFL, where the AFC championship game is really more like a Super Bowl because the NFC (rest of the country) is like a junior conference with inferior teams.

Now take this one for a ride:

- Michigan gets upset by Iowa this week

- Ohio State loses to Michigan

- USC loses to one of those 3 good teams (Cal, UCLA, Oregon)

- West Virginia loses to Louisville

- But Louisville loses to Rutgers

Confusing and unlikely, I know. But this could make AU jump to #1 and Florida up to #2. Therefore, IF both AU and UF win out and make it to Atlanta, the SEC Championship game would also essentially be the National Championship game (#1 vs. #2), allowing the SEC to rub it in the faces of the whole country.

This would make the SEC like the AFC (superior) in the NFL, where the AFC championship game is really more like a Super Bowl because the NFC (rest of the country) is like a junior conference with inferior teams.

You have a vivid imagination :P

I don't think playing hte same team twice in a year earns us anything extra in the BCS and actually makes it look like you've beat a team with an additional loss twice when one was to you already if htat makes sense. Its almost better to have florida and ark win out and florida win because that gives us a victory over a 1 loss team. I have no clue, just wondering.

I don't think anybody said anything about football players watching the thread and getting too high on themselves... so what are you talking about? <_<

what I am saying is that it's pointless to speculate about scenarios right now when so much have yet to be played out. Before Arkansas everybody was so high on the polls (me included) and were just all about poll position etc etc........... then we get spanked. So now, while #4 is nice, it doesn't mean anything if we don't even control our own destiny in our own conference.

Next time before you decide to unleash the attack dogs, stay on topic.

No attack dogs. And the thread is about possible scenarios, so defending people who want to discuss future scenarios that will likely never happen is absolutely on-topic. It just seems like any time anyone starts speculation, it is quickly stomped down with this "haven't we learned our lesson crap". Well....Everything on this board is just talk and it is all "useless", but that's the point. We can't play the games, so we talk about them for fun. I fail to see the difference between talking about the BCS and anything in any other thread in here. Come on children - Using your Imagination is FUN!!!!

Anyway, that being said, I did missinterpret your first post (although there are some that would actually mean it that way), and the apologetic fruit basket is in the mail.

All our talking has nothing to do with the outcomes, we can play the what ifs. If you don't want to play don't get in the blanking sandbox!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the top 10 in the BCS poll

1. Ohio State

2. Southern Cal

3. Michigan

4. Auburn

5. West Virginia

6. Florida

7. Louisville

8. Notre Dame

9. Texas

10. California

Ohio State and Michigan play each other, so one of those will be out. USC has been shaky and has the meat of their schedule coming up. (OR,CAL, ND & UCLA)

If ARK wins out, or loses one game to LSU or TENN, they go to the SEC championship, even if AU wins out. So, assuming that USC and Michigan lose, and AU moves to #2 in the BCS, is it possible that we could play for the national championship WITHOUT winning the SEC?

Discuss...

Call me pessimistic, but that doesn't look to favor us. Right now, our SOS is higher than most teams because we've gotten through our rough part. Everyone else's SOS will rise when they play their meat of the schedule. When Cal beats USC (WHEN), their SOS is going to jump after beating the #2. If ND beats USC, they will be #2 because their SOS is already rediculously high. The winner of WVU and UL will get a SOS boost. Right now, the losers I see on this list are USC, Auburn, Florida, Texas, the loser of WVU/UL, the loser of OSU/UM, and ND (if they lose to USC). USC, AU, UF, and UT have peaked their SOS, and the others will do more harm with a loss at this point in the season. The CPU polls simply don't favor the SEC, and they drool over the Pac10 and weak conferences (its like they have something ^-1 in their formula, and don't know it).

However, having complaned and said all that, the best thing to do is wait and see. Analyze all you want, you don't know the future. CFB can be as random as the roulette table many times, and is never fully predictable. There's a lot of football to be played... 6 more games. We're barely halfway done.

Actually USC is about to hit its biggest/toughest games in ORegon, Cal, ND and UCLA. Three of those 4 are ranked in top 25. I actually think we would need to play in the SECCG and have a good showing along with other teams losing.

OSU only has to worry with UM the last game of year. No one else on their schedule should beat them unless OSU just lays a big duck like AU did against Arky!!

UM has Iowa this week then OSU has big games left.

USC already mentioned those. I think they lose 2 out of those 4.

Texas has Nebraska this week and then A&M, who just entered the top 25. Also Texas Tech who got crushed by Colorado (thier first win of season I believe), and Okie St., and Kansas St.

Then there is Louisville and WVU. THey play each other, but also both play Rutgers. Now if Rutgers beats BOTH of them how high to they move up as they are sitting at #19 in both polls and #16 in BCS?? That puts L'ville or WVU winner in drivers seat, with just having to also get by Rutgers. Rutgers beats one of them maybe both. Rutgers has a suprisingly good D.

Tennessee still plays bama, S. Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, Vandy, and UK. Never know in the SEC.

UF has to play S. Carolina, Georgia, Vandy, UK, and FSU. Never know in the SEC

I hope there are no unbeaten teams or just one, then the BCS will fold in on itself AGAIN. Imagine having about 4 or 5 once beaten teams!!!!!!! I would love it!! All the talk of who has beaten who and SOS and since when does it matter when you lost a game??? One of the talking heads basically said losing early is like not losing at all compared to losing at the end of the year?? Losing is Losing RIGHT?? This is going to be fun!!

Archived