www.retirecoachbowden.com

JohnDeere

I'm no fan of Bobby Bowden, but I recognize that he MADE Florida State Football. Before him they were nothing. Now they are a powerhouse. The field at their stadium is named after him. They have a bronze statue of him in front of the stadium. He has won four times as many games as their second most successful head coach. He is a victim of his own success. This is the epitome of "What have you done for me lately" (and I believe they won the ACC last year).

I don't think they would (or should) ever fire him. Maybe if he had several losing seasons in a row. I know they are displeased w/ their record this year, but he has earned the right to step down when he wants.

He should do the right thing and get rid of his son as OC...

I'm no fan of Bobby Bowden, but I recognize that he MADE Florida State Football. Before him they were nothing. Now they are a powerhouse. The field at their stadium is named after him. They have a bronze statue of him in front of the stadium. He has won four times as many games as their second most successful head coach. He is a victim of his own success. This is the epitome of "What have you done for me lately" (and I believe they won the ACC last year).

I don't think they would (or should) ever fire him. Maybe if he had several losing seasons in a row. I know they are displeased w/ their record this year, but he has earned the right to step down when he wants.

He should do the right thing and get rid of his son as OC...

I totally agree. He and JoePa are in the same boat. They made those programs what they are and should leave when they want to. When you coach for that long, it's impossible to continue the success. They are, as u said, victims of their own success. What have you done for me lately is the way it is and will be for a long time. Instant success is all programs want now a days.

"I'm no fan of Bobby Bowden, but I recognize that he MADE Florida State Football. Before him they were nothing. Now they are a powerhouse".

Bobby Bowden is so beloved here in Tallahassee that before blaming him @ all, FSU fans look for absolutely every reason the team has been average...in an average conference...for most of this decade, before blaming St. Bobby. Bowden truly made FSU, like Spurrier made UF. Those programs WERE powerhouses and are easily placed in their time-capsules: FSU, 1987-2002 and UF, 1991-2001. They sucked before and haven't done anything but get hollow accolades since (FSU "won" the ACC w/ an 8-5 record last year, losing to some God awful teams along the way. UF lost 31-3 to Bama last year...nuff said there...and hasn't come near to PLAYING for an SEC championship since Stevey left). Paterno and Bowden oversee programs that get GREAT athletes and I'll be shocked if either flirt w/ losing seasons again, but in the same way they get the legendary label, they should get the grief when they oversee a team that tanks it. Not saying either should get fired...yet

Thats a shame that those Nole fans have forgotten what they were before Bowden got there, but it proves my point that most FSU fans are just Band waggon jumpers that don't know JACK about their adopted team.

I am and have always been a supporter of Bobby Bowden and the Seminoles but I would like to see Bobby retire and enjoy his time with the grandkids. IMO opinion the reason Bobby and Joe are still coaching is because they saw what happened to the Bahr right after he retired and are afraid of the same happening to them.

I detest Bobby Bowden and the way he runs his program. I have absolutely ZERO respect for Bowden and FSU. They are a bunch of thugs and always have been. Yes, Bowden did bring them to where they WERE, but that program is dead and will likely stay that way regardless of who comes in there next. They have seen their talent level get less and less with each passing season and there is no indication that that is going to change. They had to join the weakest conference in college football just so st. bobby could win an MNC. Good riddance to this program...

It's always sad when people overstay their welcome and have to to be told "it's time to go." He has been an outstanding coach but it's time he gave a younger guy a chance and spend more time with his family. Whether he deserves to go or NOT is no longer the point when people start websites and write letters. It's unlikely he can satisfy the ranks again at his age.

Archived