Leslie Miles goes off...

OKieAuburnDoug

I just still can't figure out why she felt the need to lead in with "0-2 against Top 10 teams" when asking her question. It goes back to the current practice of putting a pretty face on the camera now instead of somebody that might at least halfway know something about the game.

Heck yeah I'd be just as frustrated when you throw stats in my face about my own coaching job I've done, shut up and let me play some football, lady! Great response by him, lots of spirit.

Well, she obviously hit a nerve with that o and 2. She was just doing her job. He did not have to show his butt on national television. I am so glad Tuberville shows a whole lot more class than that jerk! TT didn't act so sensitive when interviewed at half time when we were losing to Florida. Miles could have used a different noun, and it would have been nice had he given a specific answer instead of a general, generic one. Man, try to control your emotions when on national television. Reminds me of the time Bear Bryant showed his butt at halftime when he had his first game against Pat Dye and was losing. I will tell you-I am real pleased with TT's show of class.

Well, she obviously hit a nerve with that o and 2. She was just doing her job. He did not have to show his butt on national television. I am so glad Tuberville shows a whole lot more class than that jerk! TT didn't act so sensitive when interviewed at half time when we were losing to Florida. Miles could have used a different noun, and it would have been nice had he given a specific answer instead of a general, generic one. Man, try to control your emotions when on national television. Reminds me of the time Bear Bryant showed his butt at halftime when he had his first game against Pat Dye and was losing. I will tell you-I am real pleased with TT's show of class.

If she was doing her job, she was doing a crappy job of it. What did the fact he was 0-2 against Top-10 teams so far this year have to do with the game at hand except that UT was a Top 10 team? Was that fact going to cause Miles to coach differently against UT if they would not have been a Top 10 team? Like he said, 0-2 has nothing to do with what he had to focus on right then. If you ask me, he showed alot of restraint with such stupid questions.

I just still can't figure out why she felt the need to lead in with "0-2 against Top 10 teams" when asking her question. It goes back to the current practice of putting a pretty face on the camera now instead of somebody that might at least halfway know something about the game.

What makes you think she doesn't know much about football? How do you know she wasn't told to ask that specific question? Afterall, LSU did not look good against Florida and they did not look good against Tenn the first half. I was wondering myself what was up with LSU. I felt LSU was better than Tenn and Florida, and Pat Dye also bragged about them today on Finebaum.

If she was doing her job, she was doing a crappy job of it. What did the fact he was 0-2 against Top-10 teams so far this year have to do with the game at hand except that UT was a Top 10 team? Was that fact going to cause Miles to coach differently against UT if they would not have been a Top 10 team? Like he said, 0-2 has nothing to do with what he had to focus on right then. If you ask me, he showed alot of restraint with such stupid questions.

BINGO - Tenn was a top ten team. Florida was a top ten team. Auburn was a top ten team. LSU is a very good team. Why are they losing games they can win? LSU should not have lost that game to Florida. News Alert, they could have easily beaten us. If LSU wasn't a great football team, she would have no business asking the question, but the fact is, they are a great team. That's the point. Also, 0-2 does have something to do with the problem at hand, if they are making the same foolish mistakes that caused them to be 0-2.

What happened to the black lady on ESPN years ago? She mainly did pro football, but I thought she was very good. She always hung in pretty well with the guys. Was her name Robin?

If they don't stop these ridiculous mid game interviews much worse will probably happen one day.

I'm sure the little voice in her ear was telling her what to ask. Those little voices in the ear have big balls when they aren't the ones who have to ask the questions.

I remeber when Kansas coach (Roy Williams?) told bonnie bernstein he didn't give a sheet about the UNC job at the moment when she prodded him about it after a huge loss.

BINGO - Tenn was a top ten team. Florida was a top ten team. Auburn was a top ten team. LSU is a very good team. Why are they losing games they can win? LSU should not have lost that game to Florida. News Alert, they could have easily beaten us. If LSU wasn't a great football team, she would have no business asking the question, but the fact is, they are a great team. That's the point. Also, 0-2 does have something to do with the problem at hand, if they are making the same foolish mistakes that caused them to be 0-2.

I think you are dead wrong here, LSU is not a great team! They are a good team with great talent! I for one am glad that Saban is not there because he would have them playing like a real team!

what's so funny about a coach showing emotion? does Tubby not show alot of emotion?

He joked with the reporter during halftime when losing to Florida in regard to our defense! Anyone watching couldn't help, but like Tuberville after watching his interview. Miles oculd just have easily said "butts," but lost self control. I'm no prude, but act with some class on national television, or just decline the interview.

A mid game interview is not the best place to ask such a direct question. Tension can run a little high there to say the least. The timing was horrific for such a question. Surely you can admit that?

what's so funny about a coach showing emotion? does Tubby not show alot of emotion?

Dougie is amused by small, shiny objects, so take the post for what it's worth.

shhhhhiiiiinnnnnyyyyy! :moon:

she may have started crying, now if it was Suzy Kolber she wouldn't have asked a stupid question

suzy_kolber.jpg

Damn straight. Suzy Colber is about the only female reporter covering football that really knows her stuff. She could do the play by play and do a good job unlike that unbearable Pam whatever calling college games on ESPN2 Saturday mornings.

Just keep Joe Namath away from her... :rolleyes:

What happened to the black lady on ESPN years ago? She mainly did pro football, but I thought she was very good. She always hung in pretty well with the guys. Was her name Robin?

She moved on to Good Morning America...

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't see it during the game. What a great response! What a poor question. I thought for a second Les was going to do some kind of jujitsu up side her head! Did you see how he kept his hands? Perfectly centered around her head...perfect striking distance. Too funny.

ahhhhhh yes Jill!!! she was the *beep*!!!! i remember we would just watch the games that auburn wasn't even playing in just to watch her goddess like self do interviews! Suzy Kober is the best by far. i might get blasted for this but i think Kelly Hunter might do a decent job at sideline reporting!!!

You won't get blasted by me. I've listened to Kelly on WJOX in Birmingham... she really knows her stuff, and not just football. She knows more about Atlanta Braves past and present than most sportscasters have forgotten.

ahhhhhh yes Jill!!! she was the *beep*!!!! i remember we would just watch the games that auburn wasn't even playing in just to watch her goddess like self do interviews! Suzy Kober is the best by far. i might get blasted for this but i think Kelly Hunter might do a decent job at sideline reporting!!!

You won't get blasted by me. I've listened to Kelly on WJOX in Birmingham... she really knows her stuff, and not just football. She knows more about Atlanta Braves past and present than most sportscasters have forgotten.

do you mean she has forgotten more about the braves than most sportscasters know? which would imply she has a larger body of knowledge........

do you mean she has forgotten more about the braves than most sportscasters know? which would imply she has a larger body of knowledge........

yes... sorry.

yes... sorry.

i also agree with your findings, she would be great.

Archived