Man, these Democratic victories have been sweet

WinCrimson

Sadly, life will suck again when my team takes the field at Tiger Stadium this Saturday night... Oh well, at least we'll have Madame Speaker Pelosi (don't ya love it Pubs!) and Senate Majority leader Reid when the new Congress comes to DC in January.

There are a lot of dolts filing for unemployment today, and they all have that big ugly "R" next to their name. No incumbent Dem lost last night. :thumbsup:

I guess pretty much for the next 2 years not a whole lot will get done... Congress won't do anything Bush wants, Bush will veto anything the Dems do he doesn't like, and they don't have the votes to overturn him.

I guess pretty much for the next 2 years not a whole lot will get done... Congress won't do anything Bush wants, Bush will veto anything the Dems do he doesn't like, and they don't have the votes to overturn him.

BINGO!!!

As a stated in another thread, this change was expected. Ever since the Civil War, the party that holds the power in Congress has changed on average every 12-14 years. Republicans have been in power for 12 years now. Even George Will made that same comment this morning on ABC on how the Congress cycles power about every 14 years.

The Democrats stole the election. Rigged the machines in wide spread voter fraud. After 6 yrs of trying, they finally perfected the art of election stealing they thought they had back in '00.

LSU kicks the hell out of alabammer. Sara Jessic Parker gets his face mask planted into the turf.

Anybody who is PROUD to have Nancy Pelosi represent them is a sick bastage.

Anybody who thinks she's a DEMON is a sick bastage!

Count me among the sick bastages then.

The Committee Chairmen in the house and Sentrae read like some bizarre nightmarish dream. I bet this will be soon forgotten as truer Conservatives get elected next cycle.

I do not think this was a rejection of True Conservatives. It was a rejection of RINOs.

She's a DEMON, and that's no lie.

I listened to G. Gordan Liddy yesterday, and he was so amusing. To paraphrase, he opined that the Dems would "act" like normal citizens and actually work to get needed legislation passed. However, their actions would only be a guise to put them in position to elect a Dem president in 2008. After that, they would show their true colors.

So this bastian of conservatism, who as a convicted felon, who I believe is not allowed to vote, has set the stage to critize the Dems if they do good and help the country!

This is a great media leader for the radicals (conservatives). No wonder they are so very lost.

Count me among the sick bastages then.

I already was!! :poke:

and that is why I will always hold a special place in my heart for you! :big:

Sadly, life will suck again when my team takes the field at Tiger Stadium this Saturday night... Oh well, at least we'll have Madame Speaker Pelosi (don't ya love it Pubs!) and Senate Majority leader Reid when the new Congress comes to DC in January.

There are a lot of dolts filing for unemployment today, and they all have that big ugly "R" next to their name. No incumbent Dem lost last night. :thumbsup:

Man, you are one screwed up dude. I'm guessing you're an idealistic student who doesn't pay taxes.

Pelosi is one scary hag.

I'd like for one of our learned contributors to explain to me why, after Bush, democrats are accused of favoring LARGE GOVERNMENT when goverment grew by leaps and bounds under Bush? Secondly, what's the difference between "Tax and Spend" and "Borrow and spend"? Finally, if border security is suddenly such a priority, then why have the repubs, after 12 years, never done anything about it before? This is only 3 things I'm damn tired of reading "slanted view"on favoring repubs. IF this administration adhered to those good ole "Conservative Values" they are always crowing about, t hen I'm a blind avaitor and I can't fly a plane worth a damn. Voters knew all this!

I'd like for one of our learned contributors to explain to me why, after Bush, democrats are accused of favoring LARGE GOVERNMENT when goverment grew by leaps and bounds under Bush? Secondly, what's the difference between "Tax and Spend" and "Borrow and spend"? Finally, if border security is suddenly such a priority, then why have the repubs, after 12 years, never done anything about it before? This is only 3 things I'm damn tired of reading "slanted view"on favoring repubs. IF this administration adhered to those good ole "Conservative Values" they are always crowing about, t hen I'm a blind avaitor and I can't fly a plane worth a damn. Voters knew all this!

Hey Bottomfeeder, you really need to read the rules of this board but specifically:

11)Do not register or post under more than one name. Not only is it disingenous and annoying, it's a pain for the admins. This is a bannable offense.

That's a fair question. Abandonment of their principles is exactly why Republicans lost Congress. The funny thing is that, if we had been content with tax cuts without huge spending increase on programs such as the Prescription boondoggle, the Federal budget would have balanced this year. But instead, the Republican congress began spending money like a pimp with a week to live, and got thrown out because of it.

Essentially an increasingly conservative electorate did not vote for Democrats. It voted against Republicans, chiefly because the Republicans began behaving like Pelosi and Company.

Just for the sake of perspective...

In Franklin D. Roosevelt's sixth year in 1938, Democrats lost 71 seats in the House and six in the Senate.

In Dwight Eisenhower's sixth year in 1958, Republicans lost 47 House seats, 13 in the Senate.

In John F. Kennedy/Lyndon Johnson's sixth year, Democrats lost 47 seats in the House and three in the Senate.

In Richard Nixon/Gerald Ford's sixth year in office in 1974, Republicans lost 43 House seats and three Senate seats.

So, currently, the Democrats cling to a paper-thin margin in the House and Senate despite an incompetent president and a venal Republican Party. Not exactly a ringing mandate.

Just for the sake of perspective...

In Franklin D. Roosevelt's sixth year in 1938, Democrats lost 71 seats in the House and six in the Senate.

In Dwight Eisenhower's sixth year in 1958, Republicans lost 47 House seats, 13 in the Senate.

In John F. Kennedy/Lyndon Johnson's sixth year, Democrats lost 47 seats in the House and three in the Senate.

In Richard Nixon/Gerald Ford's sixth year in office in 1974, Republicans lost 43 House seats and three Senate seats.

So, currently, the Democrats cling to a paper-thin margin in the House and Senate despite an incompetent president and a venal Republican Party. Not exactly a ringing mandate.

Thanks otter for the history lesson. For the record, this was about the norm, maybe a little less than average in reality and it took the Reps in Congress totally forgetting why they were sent there.

What's just as important as the seats is that Democrats will now chair all of the committees and sub-committees. Legislation can't just be ramrodded through with little to no discussion anymore.

Man, you are one screwed up dude. I'm guessing you're an idealistic student who doesn't pay taxes.

Pelosi is one scary hag.

That "scary hag" is your new Speaker of the House, so get use to her. :cheer:

What's just as important as the seats is that Democrats will now chair all of the committees and sub-committees. Legislation can't just be ramrodded through with little to no discussion anymore.

When has that ever happened over the last few years. That's the main reason conservatives are pi$$ed at the republican congress.

Pelosi is one scary hag.

That "scary hag" is your new Speaker of the House, so get use to her. :cheer:

Depends. She may reject the position. I hear Christopher Nolan is just about set to fire Heath Ledger and she's up for the role of Joker in the new Batman movie. It's a plus that no makeup is required.

I'm guessing that by your non-response I naiked the non-tax-paying student angle.

The Democrats stole the election. Rigged the machines in wide spread voter fraud. After 6 yrs of trying, they finally perfected the art of election stealing they thought they had back in '00.

It's really a very easy hack. Or, if you prefer to take the cover off of the machine and change the votes that way, they can be changed manually. It all comes down to who counts the votes and how the elite wish to pay for our debt. Bejing isn't holding dollars anymore, or rather they are going to be heavy weighted in euros. The U.S. Dollar got a BEATDOWN yesterday. Short the U.S. Dollar. :roflol:

Hey Bottomfeeder, you really need to read the rules of this board but specifically:

11)Do not register or post under more than one name. Not only is it disingenous and annoying, it's a pain for the admins. This is a bannable offense.

Heeey Maannn,

That wasn't me, man.

http://www.garnersclassics.com/wavs/smokey/myloins.wav

Heck, I've been in NOLA (Waggaman) most of the week.

Archived