Rutgers in the title game???

AUlumni99

have just read this article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=2656070

I'm all with it," Rutgers defensive tackle Eric Foster said. "If we go 12-0, we have to play for the national championship. We can't determine who we play. If we win every game, we should go to the national championship. We're knocking down the door. You've got to let us in."

yeah right!........i'm wondering what coach tubs would have to say about that.......

what a wonderful pickle the BCS will find itself in should Rutgers go undefeated.

if only two teams from BCS conferences are undefeated at the end of the season, you almost HAVE to let them play for the MNC, or else admit to a gross flaw in the system...in this case, it would be that one conference is so unequal in talent and competitive level that it doesn't belong in the mix.

personally, however, i think WVU will beat Rutgers, and it shant be an issue.

TEXAS was the big winner last night...possibly FLORIDA if they win the SECCG.

Ok AU Fans don't put me on a stick like Dracula but...

The media must put Rutgers at #3 they pimped up UL so much and UWV so much not that Rutgers beat UL they are for this week better then them and if they are #3 because they beat a then #3 UWV then by default Rutgers needs to take that spot.

UL has beaten UWV, UK, Miami

Rutgers UL, Pitt, ? but their SOS varies in the computers from 55-71. I expect that to drop big time after playing #3 so they should actually move up.

The human polls are the issue here and the media (human polls) need to move them way up the scale let's just say for argument sake to #4/#3 where UL (calm down) was (coached/Harris). They might crack the top 3 in the BCS.

They have the #2 defense in the NATION! Total and Scoring and they played the #2 offense in the NATION and shut them down! (266 Net Yards).

Well they can't pass, Hmm I beg to differ my stmt is They haven't needed to pass because of Rice so why Pass?

189 yards passing and 143 yards rushing they just moved to a more balanced offense my goodness UL had 9 people in the box to start the game. Pass to open the up the Run btw it worked!

Do I think they are the #3 team. (Last night yes) In a SEC or Big 10 schedule NO.

But the media needs to put the #3 because of the logic used for UL and UWV it wouldn't be fair to Rutgers.

Ok AU Fans don't put me on a stick like Dracula but...

The media must put Rutgers at #3 they pimped up UL so much and UWV so much not that Rutgers beat UL they are for this week better then them and if they are #3 because they beat a then #3 UWV then by default Rutgers needs to take that spot.

UL has beaten UWV, UK, Miami

Rutgers UL, Pitt, ? but their SOS varies in the computers from 55-71. I expect that to drop big time after playing #3 so they should actually move up.

The human polls are the issue here and the media (human polls) need to move them way up the scale let's just say for argument sake to #4/#3 where UL (calm down) was (coached/Harris). They might crack the top 3 in the BCS.

They have the #2 defense in the NATION! Total and Scoring and they played the #2 offense in the NATION and shut them down! (266 Net Yards).

Well they can't pass, Hmm I beg to differ my stmt is They haven't needed to pass because of Rice so why Pass?

189 yards passing and 143 yards rushing they just moved to a more balanced offense my goodness UL had 9 people in the box to start the game. Pass to open the up the Run btw it worked!

Do I think they are the #3 team. (Last night yes) In a SEC or Big 10 schedule NO.

But the media needs to put the #3 because of the logic used for UL and UWV it wouldn't be fair to Rutgers.

If you want to use that logic then we should have been #2 after we beat the #2 team right. Rutgers will be like Boise St was in 04 undeafeated but in a conference that doesn't make that mean as much. It is unfortunate BUT that is the bulls*itCS

I hope they do play in the MNC game. The BCS is a joke, and this would only expose it for what it is. I hope they go undefeated and then meet Ohio State in the MNC game. We all know that game would be about like the USC/Oklahoma powerhouse matchup of the 2004 season.

One of these days enough coaches and people with common sense are going to realize this BCS crap is a big mess and either go back to the old polls way of declaring a MNC, or give us a playoff where the NC can be settled on the field. I hereby call this the "RNC" method (Real National Championship).

Rutgers is undefeated. We beat #2 after losing a game. Therefore you can't apply the same logic.

My point being that the BCS is based on media input and Rutgers won't be #3 because of that fact.

I had a discussion with my wife the other day how messed up things are. The main reason they state for not doing a playoff is because it would extend the season.

Her questions: (unprompted wnd without input from me)

Didn't we just add a 12th game?

Don't some conf play a championship game?

Can't you just do the top 8 or 16?

Can't you just play at Bowl sites?

Top 8 would only add a max of 3 games?

Top 16 would only add a max of 4 games?

Cant' you just seed with the conf Champs (in therory those are the best teams)?

All of this unprompted....

She doesn't read College Football Mags

She doesn't read chat boards

She does here me betoch but I am sure she doesn't pay attention.

Amazing how it can be so clear....

Didn't dicuss independents..

No team in that conf. deserves to be in the top 5. None. I can think of many teams that would wipe the floor with Rutgers/Louisville/WVU.

Prove me wrong in a playoff... oh wait :rolleyes:

I'm happy for Rutgers. I think it is great that they won a big game and they are all happy about it. But there is no way they deserve to be playing for the MNC. I think I heard last night that that was the first time a ranked Rutgers team ever beat a ranked opponent. Come on. They are not playing with the big boys, to say the least. I do happen to think it will be mooted b/c I think they lose at least one game, maybe two before their season is over.

To me, it already sounds like USC is getting pimped to be in the game. if Rutgers goes undefeated they won't be in the the MNC. The ESPN's of the world want USC in that game.

I guess we will have to see if the Big E cleans up in the Bowls or not

More than likely we'll see the Big E play some teams that we've already called out as, "fake." Should be some good matchups given that right?

I guess we will have to see if the Big E cleans up in the Bowls or not

They will be matched up with a Pac 10 or Big 10 team more than likely, so the likelihood of them playing a team with a good defense is slim to none. Rutgers proved last night that a good defense can win. They held UL to 0 points in the second half and actually only 18 points offensively, since 7 was off the kick return. An undefeated Rutgers team should play for the MNC. They have deserved it, they are in a conference aligned with the BCS, they have beaten their opponents, two which will have been top 10 teams, if they get by WVU. I think the WVU speed on O is going to give them problems, but their coach is a good defensive coach and will have something ready for Slaton and company. A Rutgers v. OSU/UM matchup would be interesting. I think they could play with either of them. Unlike that '04 OU team, RU has a pretty good D.

Rutgers going 12-0 this year would be like Harvard going 12-0 in 2004.

Playing other teams w/ 1 or no losses that got those "impressive" records by ALSO playing nobody (a regular occurence in the Ivy League, the new Big Least, MAC, Big Sky) does NOT make you a championship caliber team. The Big Least is still getting mileage out of UWV's whipping of UGA in last year's Sugar Bowl, but the bottom line is Rutger's conference...top to bottom...does NOT beat good teams except once in a blue moon. On another thread I pointed out that W. Va. has beaten 2 top 10 teams since 1993 (the same number we beat THIS YEAR) and W. Va. has beaten the same number of top 10 teams since 1941 that we've beaten the last THREE years. This will come out in the BCS computer's a bit, but w/ Saunders & the other ESPN morons gushing over the Big Least, they'll still get brownie points in the human polls.

Rutgars will fall to West Virginia.....so its a moot poin! WAR EAGLE!!! BEAT :uga:

Why is everyone so sure the R will fall to WV?

They just beat UL, They have a better defense then UL (yes it was at home). WV doesn't have a defense.

Why is everyone so sure the R will fall to WV?

They just beat UL, They have a better defense then UL (yes it was at home). WV doesn't have a defense.

See, I am thinking this too. Louisville dominated WVU. Rutgers just held Lousiville SCORELESS IN THE 2nd HALF, upsetting the #3 team in the country.

Don't count them out yet. I hope they win out. I truly do.

Archived