Looking for a HC?

Proud Tiger

A few people are being critical of some of our coaching staff after the Georgia game to the point of suggesting we need some new coaches. Just fo the heck of it, suppose you are at the Auburn AD and looking for a new HC, OC or OC. Who would you pic that is realistically available and why?

I do not want a new coach. CTT is great for Auburn. Muschamp has won a National Championship. Borges is the best OC we can get. Eddie Gran may have won us the South Carolina game with the onside kick. When there is no leadership it is all the coaches job to find it. I feel Tuberville's players are self motivated. They all love him. But they do not play hard because they fear him. They feared him at half time of the Florida game, and Florida never scored again.

I think we should go out and hire a man who runs a class program and has his team competing for the SEC championship every year. Oh wait, we already have him. :au:

I've seen a few people on here say they would hire a new strength coach. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Yoxall won several awards for his strength and conditioning program?

Yes, he has.

And my answer for the HC scenario is:

Paul Finebaum.

may be the it's the waterboy?

anyone critical of the coaching staff needs to sit and think about the accomplishments our current staff as done especially the last 3 years. the dc is in is first year and i think much improvement will be seen.

A few people are being critical of some of our coaching staff after the Georgia game to the point of suggesting we need some new coaches. Just fo the heck of it, suppose you are at the Auburn AD and looking for a new HC, OC or OC. Who would you pic that is realistically available and why?

No offense, PT, but I saw this exact same thread on a Bama board last week and I laughed at how stupid they were and what it said about their program that they'd engage in this theoretical exercise.

I'm not real happy to see it here today.

No offense, PT, but I saw this exact same thread on a Bama board last week and I laughed at how stupid they were and what it said about their program that they'd engage in this theoretical exercise.

I'm not real happy to see it here today.

I was just curious as to who those who seem to want changes would pick. I'm not calling for changes in staff myself. And so far, I think I made my point since no one has suggested anyone better than what we have and those who seemed to be suggesting changes are very quiet.

We've already got one of the best coaches in college football.

Even the BEAR wasn't perfect.

Give me a break, lay off the coaches and support your

team.

I've seen a few people on here say they would hire a new strength coach. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Yoxall won several awards for his strength and conditioning program?

Yes, he has.

And my answer for the HC scenario is:

Paul Finebaum.

Hilarious, I was gonna choose Steve Spurrier, but apparently he is already a lock for UAT... :roflol:

And that proves what? His program is based on an Olympic lifting model with the supposed benefit of building core strength. How does that translate to football? It doesn't. It looks good on paper but unless your foundational lifts are the benchpress, squats and rows you're missing the boat. Why do you think :au: players working out at combines have struggled with the benchpress. Karlos Dansby, Dontarrius Thomas , Marcus McNeil to name a few were labeled as weak for their efforts on that test. The :au: players that have stuck so long in the NFL are all from that base three type program. Yox is an Olympic style lifter from the PAC 10 school of thought. When I was at :au: I took a weight training class form Dr. Mike Stone. He advocated the same program as Yox. We butted heads and I challenged him to compare programs. The results I showed were significantly better. He got furious and as a result he gave me a "B".What a jerk. There is nothing inherently wrong with SOME Olympic type lifts but if you don't emphasis extension(bench),flexion(rows),leg extension(squats) you will not be all you can be on the gridiron. Yox may be a great guy but his model is flawed as applied to the biomechanics of football. Unfortunately, most Olympic style proponents I have encountered are unwilling to listen/change.

And that proves what? His program is based on an Olympic lifting model with the supposed benefit of building core strength. How does that translate to football? It doesn't. It looks good on paper but unless your foundational lifts are the benchpress, squats and rows you're missing the boat. Why do you think :au: players working out at combines have struggled with the benchpress. Karlos Dansby, Dontarrius Thomas , Marcus McNeil to name a few were labeled as weak for their efforts on that test. The :au: players that have stuck so long in the NFL are all from that base three type program. Yox is an Olympic style lifter from the PAC 10 school of thought. When I was at :au: I took a weight training class form Dr. Mike Stone. He advocated the same program as Yox. We butted heads and I challenged him to compare programs. The results I showed were significantly better. He got furious and as a result he gave me a "B".What a jerk. There is nothing inherently wrong with SOME Olympic type lifts but if you don't emphasis extension(bench),flexion(rows),leg extension(squats) you will not be all you can be on the gridiron. Yox may be a great guy but his model is flawed as applied to the biomechanics of football. Unfortunately, most Olympic style proponents I have encountered are unwilling to listen/change.

I guess you need a job then.

WHAT A WITTY RETORT. Nothing like a good reply based on sound thinking.I have a job and I'm very successful at it. I actually had a chance to go down the collegiate coaching road but chose not to. Now what part of my post do you want to reasonably disagree with?

Looking for a HC? What's wrong with CTT?

I totally agree and it looks like his critics, as well as those of the OC or DC, have nothing to offer now that they have had to think about it.

WHAT A WITTY RETORT. Nothing like a good reply based on sound thinking.I have a job and I'm very successful at it. I actually had a chance to go down the collegiate coaching road but chose not to. Now what part of my post do you want to reasonably disagree with?

Well yes I found it quite witty. Obviously you know more than all the coaching staff and you should get a job that will make Auburn better. All I am saying is if you know the secret to upper tier weight conditioning why don't you go share the knowledge?

Guest Tigrinum Major

I'm more interested in finding someone that does a quality job of metal roofing in residential applications in the greater Blount County area.

Any suggestions?

Coach Tubberville is our guy. Hell, we went 13-0 2 years ago, and we have been in the top 15 for the last few years.

Will Muschamp may need to push for bigger middle LB recruits and taller cornerbacks. D line needs more size in both height and weight.

If their is one thing I disgaree with in regards to CTT is the size of our LBs.

I'm more interested in finding someone that does a quality job of metal roofing in residential applications in the greater Blount County area.

Any suggestions?

I bet MoJo could give you some names.

Archived