Looking for a HC?

Proud Tiger

I hope to hell that I'm wrong, but I think CTT will either be at Miami or Dallas (Cowboys) next season.

first of all you are wrong... he sure as hell isn't going to Miami and I seriously doubt he heads to dallas...

secondly, why are we having this discussion... this kind of mentality is what has the bammers in the shape they are in now.. it's a difficult thing to go undefeated especially in the SEC so why after only losing two games are we even having a thread on this board talking about new coaches...this is ridiculous imho

I hope to hell that I'm wrong, but I think CTT will either be at Miami or Dallas (Cowboys) next season.

first of all you are wrong... he sure as hell isn't going to Miami and I seriously doubt he heads to dallas...

secondly, why are we having this discussion... this kind of mentality is what has the bammers in the shape they are in now.. it's a difficult thing to go undefeated especially in the SEC so why after only losing two games are we even having a thread on this board talking about new coaches...this is ridiculous imho

I feel the same way. This is the kind of thing I point and laugh at Bama fans about. It's sad to see it here.

I've seen a few people on here say they would hire a new strength coach. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Yoxall won several awards for his strength and conditioning program?

And that proves what? His program is based on an Olympic lifting model with the supposed benefit of building core strength. How does that translate to football? It doesn't. It looks good on paper but unless your foundational lifts are the benchpress, squats and rows you're missing the boat. Why do you think :au: players working out at combines have struggled with the benchpress. Karlos Dansby, Dontarrius Thomas , Marcus McNeil to name a few were labeled as weak for their efforts on that test. The :au: players that have stuck so long in the NFL are all from that base three type program. Yox is an Olympic style lifter from the PAC 10 school of thought. When I was at :au: I took a weight training class form Dr. Mike Stone. He advocated the same program as Yox. We butted heads and I challenged him to compare programs. The results I showed were significantly better. He got furious and as a result he gave me a "B".What a jerk. There is nothing inherently wrong with SOME Olympic type lifts but if you don't emphasis extension(bench),flexion(rows),leg extension(squats) you will not be all you can be on the gridiron. Yox may be a great guy but his model is flawed as applied to the biomechanics of football. Unfortunately, most Olympic style proponents I have encountered are unwilling to listen/change.

I guess you need a job then.

WHAT A WITTY RETORT. Nothing like a good reply based on sound thinking.I have a job and I'm very successful at it. I actually had a chance to go down the collegiate coaching road but chose not to. Now what part of my post do you want to reasonably disagree with?

Well yes I found it quite witty. Obviously you know more than all the coaching staff and you should get a job that will make Auburn better. All I am saying is if you know the secret to upper tier weight conditioning why don't you go share the knowledge?

No that would be half witty. I' m sure the post I made must be beyond your comprehension as all of that is addressed. But, one more time... I chose not to go down that road(college coaching).

I suppose that the NFL assessment that grades on the benchpress is completely wrong and Yox is correct when he decides that "we don't stress the benchpress."I could give you reams of weight training info but it would be way beyond you. My point is that Yox is from a different school of thought that many experts disagree with. Not the least of which is the NFL combine.

Are all of the sunshine pumpers the same? If it says :au: it is without fault. What shortsided lives you must live. Folks CTT is not infallible. He gave us Lovett, Mazzone and Nall Ball. That last one was especially brilliant.

I have friends who play college ball and at the collegiate level I have heard bench press is basically a pissing contest. They say powercleans, squats, incline thrusts are better football exercises.

HC: Great Guy, but who ever said anyone could win them all?

OC: Great Coach, we are the envy of the SEC. THe only one I would look at is Malzahn and he has only been here one year and is a HS coach at that.

DC: We need stability more than anything. We have had three DCs in three years. The kids are confused and need some time learning a system. Everyone thinks CWM will be a great DC/HC some day. He owns a MNC ring as well.

Look at Chizik this year, loaded with talent at Texas:

GAME 1 Texas 56, North Texas 7

Austin, TX · Recap · Box · Photo gallery

GAME 2 Ohio State 24, Texas 7

GAME 3 Texas 52, Rice 7

Houston, TX · Recap · Box · Photo gallery

GAME 4 Texas 37, Iowa State 14

GAME 5 Texas 56, Sam Houston State 3

GAME 6 Texas 28, Oklahoma 10

Dallas, TX · Recap · Box · Photo gallery

GAME 7 Texas 63, Baylor 31

GAME 8 Texas 22, Nebraska 20

Lincoln, NE · Recap · Box · Photo gallery

GAME 9 Texas 35, Texas Tech 31

Lubbock, TX · Recap · Box · Photo gallery

Gave up 31 points in first half of play.

GAME 10 Texas 36, Oklahoma State 10

GAME 11 Kansas State 45, Texas 42

Manhattan, KS · Recap · Box · Photo gallery

Gave up 45 points to KSU????

The last three games, Chizik is giving up 86 points or 29 points a game average.

It seems all the players love coach Yoxall they always say thats their favorite coach and he works them to to death..... Also if I recall Tubs said that Yoxall had the best off season condition and most physical plan this year. And if I recall he's awarded again as strength coach of the year

I don't like this question. It's basically a sneaky way of asking, "Who do we hire to replace CTT?"

You might as well ask, "Theorectially, who would you prefer to be married to if your wife died?"

I don't like this question. It's basically a sneaky way of asking, "Who do we hire to replace CTT?"

You might as well ask, "Theorectially, who would you prefer to be married to if your wife died?"

Jessica Alba.

I have friends who play college ball and at the collegiate level I have heard bench press is basically a pissing contest. They say powercleans, squats, incline thrusts are better football exercises.

And what would be the biomechanical translation of powercleans to football as opposed to benchpress(shoulder width grip I should specify) which is the key to arm extension in blocking or hand shivers for LB'S&DB'S?I would agree that squats are the #1 exercise period.

By the way that comes from a two sport ALL-AMERICAN,FB and TRACK(discus and shot), the strength coach for :au: during the SEC championship years and NSCA COACH OF THE YEAR, the current 180 lb. world BP champion at 532 lbs. (100% drug free) and again too many strength coachs to count ,along with the NFL combine. During the Dye championship run :au: was the strongest team in the SEC and top 3 in the country.A 550 bench is why the late Harold Hallman could play noseguard at 247 lbs.

Again, it is an argument of philosophy that has gone on for years. But as a FB coach that also trained as a strength coach it is undeniable that a strong bench has direct correlation to football.

We lose a game and we start a thread about possible replacements on the coaching staff....gee, who do we sound like?

And I don't care if it's "hypothetical"...what a waste of time and bandwidth. Nice try PT. <_<

We lose a game and we start a thread about possible replacements on the coaching staff....gee, who do we sound like?

And I don't care if it's "hypothetical"...what a waste of time and bandwidth. Nice try PT. <_<

I am willing to bet that PT was just smoking out the real fools on this board. We only got 1-2 nominees and one of those was Jessica Alba... ;)

I would like to Hire Coach Emotion.....We need some excitement in this team... Come on Guys Get Fired Up Its BAMA WEEK,,,,, Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Eagle........Hey!!!

No that would be half witty. I' m sure the post I made must be beyond your comprehension as all of that is addressed. But, one more time... I chose not to go down that road(college coaching).

I suppose that the NFL assessment that grades on the benchpress is completely wrong and Yox is correct when he decides that "we don't stress the benchpress."I could give you reams of weight training info but it would be way beyond you. My point is that Yox is from a different school of thought that many experts disagree with. Not the least of which is the NFL combine.

Are all of the sunshine pumpers the same? If it says :au: it is without fault. What shortsided lives you must live. Folks CTT is not infallible. He gave us Lovett, Mazzone and Nall Ball. That last one was especially brilliant.

Where to begin?????

1) I will be the bigger person and admit I could have not only misunderstood your point but overreacted as well. Your statements come across as a witch hunt to me and I do not believe that is fair to the coaching staff or the team. We got beat. Get over it.

2) If Yox is from the other school of thought are there not experts on that side that agree with him?

3) The NFL is not the end all be all of evaluations. They have their measures that they use some of them right some of them wrong. Think the NFL knows best? Where is Ryan Leaf these days?

4) You may be surprised what myself or other members on this board would understand so making some asinine statement that infers that we are not as knowledgeable as the almighty "deacon" is just wrong.

5) Those that live in glass cribs shouldn't throw heavy things. I have seen very few people that believe AU is without faults. I have seen even fewer people who think CTT is infallible. Are you? What kind of a system does it instill if you do not let your assistant coaches coach or give them the opportunity to advance?

I'll get off the soap box now someone else needs the wood.

I do not want a new coach. CTT is great for Auburn. Muschamp has won a National Championship. Borges is the best OC we can get. Eddie Gran may have won us the South Carolina game with the onside kick. When there is no leadership it is all the coaches job to find it. I feel Tuberville's players are self motivated. They all love him. But they do not play hard because they fear him. They feared him at half time of the Florida game, and Florida never scored again.

SABAN won the NC....it's obvious Muschamp did not!

Show some maturity. - MGMT

This may win some type award for the most useless thread ever.

Come on. THINK!

Where to begin?????

1) I will be the bigger person and admit I could have not only misunderstood your point but overreacted as well. Your statements come across as a witch hunt to me and I do not believe that is fair to the coaching staff or the team. We got beat. Get over it.

2) If Yox is from the other school of thought are there not experts on that side that agree with him?

3) The NFL is not the end all be all of evaluations. They have their measures that they use some of them right some of them wrong. Think the NFL knows best? Where is Ryan Leaf these days?

4) You may be surprised what myself or other members on this board would understand so making some asinine statement that infers that we are not as knowledgeable as the almighty "deacon" is just wrong.

5) Those that live in glass cribs shouldn't throw heavy things. I have seen very few people that believe AU is without faults. I have seen even fewer people who think CTT is infallible. Are you? What kind of a system does it instill if you do not let your assistant coaches coach or give them the opportunity to advance?

I'll get off the soap box now someone else needs the wood.

1) First, I didn't call for anyones removal and I don't hunt witches. I simply stated my thoughts about an area I have a lot of knowledge about.

2) I already stated that. It's an ongoing debate but please explain to me how power cleans translate to football better than benchpress. BP directly correlates with such things as blocking,hand shivers and disengagement.

3)I'm sorry this is a lame argument. For aspiring pro's it is the end all.The combine strength test is a collaboration of all the teams strength coaches. Are they all wrong?Ryan Leaf was drafted by the Chargers, on their assessment of all his skills, NOT the NFL. They just conduct the tests.

4) No you might be surprised...I never said anyone ELSE was less knowledgeable about this than me. Quit trying to drag someone else into this to defend you.AND at no time do I present myself as all knowing but on this subject I happen to have significant expertise.

5)(At least I can lift heavy things.)Flush, there are those on this board that do drink the kool-aid.To deny that is ignorance. There are also those that say the "sky is falling". I am neither.I strongly believe in many things Coach Tubbs has done. Eddie Gran is gold with me but I reserve the ALUMNI right to speak up when I believe the best interest of :au: football is not being served.By the way, in response to your last statement, Tubbs said that his interference with preparations for the :uga: game caused myriad problems.Finally, should Tubbs recall Lovett and Mazzone and give them another chance.

AND I don't need a soap box for a good debate.

A few people are being critical of some of our coaching staff after the Georgia game to the point of suggesting we need some new coaches. Just fo the heck of it, suppose you are at the Auburn AD and looking for a new HC, OC or OC. Who would you pic that is realistically available and why?

If I were picking, I'd get Mike Shula. With his NFL connections and years of winning experience at the college level, he's the guy to get. I'd also pick Dave Rader and Joe Kines - the best in the business. None better...ever...never will be.

Was I convincing? Do you think I sold the bammers on keeping these losers? :big:

Was I convincing? Do you think I sold the bammers on keeping these losers? :big:

I don't know but at lesat you rescued the thread from the weight lifters. :rolleyes:

I do not want a new coach. CTT is great for Auburn. Muschamp has won a National Championship. Borges is the best OC we can get. Eddie Gran may have won us the South Carolina game with the onside kick. When there is no leadership it is all the coaches job to find it. I feel Tuberville's players are self motivated. They all love him. But they do not play hard because they fear him. They feared him at half time of the Florida game, and Florida never scored again.

SABAN won the NC....it's obvious Muschamp did not!

Show some maturity. - MGMT

Saban's system also gave up a ton of points in its first year.

Archived