NEVER LOSE AGAIN

Before every game as soon as the Natl. Anthem is played we need Bobby Lowder's jet to fly over headed north. This way we will instantly have leaders and the players will play the way they did in 04.

Before every game as soon as the Natl. Anthem is played we need Bobby Lowder's jet to fly over headed north. This way we will instantly have leaders and the players will play the way they did in 04.

I am not sure you know what you are talking about. You seem to think that a team will never lose a game and that is just unrealistic. Maybe you should study past history on football.

I am not sure you know what you are talking about. You seem to think that a team will never lose a game and that is just unrealistic. Maybe you should study past history on football.

I believe his point is that the 03 fiasco lit a fire on CTT's butt and motivated him and the team to perform week in and week out. I happen to agree with him. If your job was secure for the next 7 years would you work that extra hour or go home to your kids? Just a thought. I know what I would do.

I believe his point is that the 03 fiasco lit a fire on CTT's butt and motivated him and the team to perform week in and week out. I happen to agree with him. If your job was secure for the next 7 years would you work that extra hour or go home to your kids? Just a thought. I know what I would do.

Isn't the thought of being SEC champion and national champion enough to motivate a coach to work harder? CTT has achieved one, and now only the crystal bal eludes him. Plus the logic you presented doesn't really work, for example, look at Jim Tressel, he has already achieved both, but he's still working hard to get his 2nd national championship.

I'm not saying CTT doesn't work hard, I think he does. But there is no doubt that when people feel secure in their jobs they get complacent. I am not advocating the weekly jet trips, I am simply agreeing that that played a role in our success in 2004. I think the best way to motivate coaches is actually to incentivize their contracts. For instance, a $100,000 bonus for 10 wins, $200,000 bonus for SECC, $500,000 bonus for NC. Of course, I would start the base salary at closer to $1,500,000.

I'm not saying CTT doesn't work hard, I think he does. But there is no doubt that when people feel secure in their jobs they get complacent. I am not advocating the weekly jet trips, I am simply agreeing that that played a role in our success in 2004. I think the best way to motivate coaches is actually to incentivize their contracts. For instance, a $100,000 bonus for 10 wins, $200,000 bonus for SECC, $500,000 bonus for NC. Of course, I would start the base salary at closer to $1,500,000.

Tubs does have such incentives. And the bigger incentive is to play in a BCS bowl. The loss to Georgia likely cost us $10-15 million.

Archived