Jason Campbell to start for Redskins

Aufan59

Against Tampa Bay. I'll be rooting for him to do well.

I went to the Redskins website and it says this:

"News: The Redskins reportedly won't turn to Jason Campbell at quarterback until they are officially out of the playoff race.

Impact: That's about two losses away. Looking at Washington's schedule, it might not take long. (Sun. Nov 12, 2006)"

Why is that?

Hearsay. Gibbs, as some of you may not know, is an evangelical christian so he's going to stick with his decision of altar boy Mark Brunell (evangelical as well) at the helm.

I wondered why he was sticking with Brunell. He is lousy!

Hearsay. Gibbs, as some of you may not know, is an evangelical christian so he's going to stick with his decision of altar boy Mark Brunell (evangelical as well) at the helm.

That doesn't make sense either since Jason professes to be a strong Christian.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/champions/champions18.html

Maybe Jason is an Episcopalian or Unitarian, so Gibbs doesn't want a Librul in the huddle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2660635

ASHBURN, Va. -- Jason Campbell will make his NFL debut Sunday for the Washington Redskins, replacing quarterback Mark Brunell for a 3-6 team apparently heading nowhere and in need of a plan for the future.

Coach Joe Gibbs announced Monday that Campbell, who has been an inactive third quarterback for all 25 games of his pro career, will start against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"We're going to give Jason his opportunity and see if we can be more productive and see if we can get some more answers," Gibbs said.

ASHBURN, Va. -- Jason Campbell will make his NFL debut Sunday for the Washington Redskins, replacing quarterback Mark Brunell for a 3-6 team apparently heading nowhere and in need of a plan for the future.

Coach Joe Gibbs announced Monday that Campbell, who has been an inactive third quarterback for all 25 games of his pro career, will start against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"We're going to give Jason his opportunity and see if we can be more productive and see if we can get some more answers," Gibbs said.

Hot damn!

Divine Intervention.

If Don Rumsfeld made waves last week when he was benched, this is a tsunami. I had 6 or 7 people today around the office whining about needing to play Jason. And most of them didnt even know my orange and blue passion.

On the busride home when it was announced, everyone was giddy.

Its a lot of pressure for Jason. I have never seen a pro QB have to make their first start in this kind'of situation. The whole town has been rooting for him for weeks now.

Hope he shines.

Hey DC Tiger - That's a good looking trio of Tuscaloosa bird dogs!!!

:roflol:

I am more excited about this game than the Iron Bowl!

Campbell = my favorite Auburn Football Player of all times. (I wasn't into it until 2000, so never saw Bo do his thing)

I'm so pumped about this. I have always loved JC and everything that he stands for on and off the field. I hope that he does everyone proud.

He's my 2nd favorite Tiger of all time, right behind Frank Sanders who was here when I was a kid.

Archived