Ryan Perrilloux

TexasTiger

The article says he is under investigation and the later says the Baton Rouge nor New Orleans police have arrested him. It also says that there are rumors that he will turn himself in. However, the article never said there was a warrant out for his arrest, just that he was under federal investigation. So is there a warrant out for his arrest or not? You would assume that there must be if they are talking about him turning himself in and mentioning that Baton Rouge and New Orleans law enforcement has not arrested him yet. So, why did that leave anything about a warrant out of the article?

I heard on Fox Sports that it was supposedly for counterfeiting money. It being a federal investigation, that would fall under their jurisdiction for sure. Whatever it is, it sounds like something that warrants more then an ice-cream as punishment. He better not skip bail either or he may be on the next episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Be careful here about jumping to conclusions here. The Feds could be talking to RP in connection with an ongoing investigation that he may have some connection to such as having a friend involved. The Feds talk to a lot of people who aren't guilty of anything, or even under suspicion, and often don't give a reason why.

It's just unpaid parking tickets on campus.

I may be wrong but I think it is more to it than that. Alledgely, the act of "crossing a state line" may be involved.

http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tpsports/inde..._01.html#223949

its like the second article on the page, but it too says it is part of an investigation into a counterfeiting ring. from what that article says tho, it sounds like he is not directly involved in it. you would think if it were juts unpaid parking tickets on campus that could be easily taken care of. for that matter, i have 3 unpaid parking tickets from AU from a few years ago when i was visiting a girl i used to date up there. :P

p.s. the parking at dunn hall sucks.

http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tpsports/inde..._01.html#223949

its like the second article on the page, but it too says it is part of an investigation into a counterfeiting ring. from what that article says tho, it sounds like he is not directly involved in it. you would think if it were juts unpaid parking tickets on campus that could be easily taken care of. for that matter, i have 3 unpaid parking tickets from AU from a few years ago when i was visiting a girl i used to date up there. :P

p.s. the parking at dunn hall sucks.

We're coming after you. ;)

A more indepth article.... couldn't find the link but the poster says it's from nola.com:

LSU Backup QB Perrilloux under investigation

By James Varney

and Lori Lyons

Staff writers

BATON ROUGE - In news that cast a further pall over LSU’s suddenly shaky quarterback situation, heralded freshman backup Ryan Perrilloux has surfaced as a person of interest to federal investigators in New Orleans.

As word of Perrilloux’s legal troubles seeped out before junior JaMarcus Russell, the Tigers’ starting quarterback, confirmed he would enter the NFL draft, rumors flew wildly around Baton Rouge. Federal and school officials cautioned, however, that Perrilloux, who arrived on campus two years ago as one of the nation’s most sought after recruits, has not been accused of any crime and has not been arrested.

Perrilloux could not be reached but has retained an attorney, Nathan Fisher, who declined to comment on any aspect of the case.

Said Coach Les Miles: “I do not know if he’s in any trouble whatsoever.”

It was unclear when Miles and Perrilloux last spoke.

Miles’ remarks came at the end of a press conference for Russell, and when the question about Perrilloux’s status surfaced, sports information director Michael Bonnette closed the proceeding.

Privately, however, school officials strove to tamp down rumors that Perrilloux had been kicked off the team or that his presence with the Tigers had become an unwelcome distraction.

“Absolutely not. That would mean LSU had one quarterback on scholarship,” one said, when asked if the school was looking to sever its relationship with Perrilloux.

After Russell formally announced his anticipated departure, Miles said no decision had been made on who might start next season, Perrilloux or junior Matt Flynn, who has been Russell’s backup the past two seasons. Flynn has an edge in experience, Miles said, but competition during spring practice probably would determine the next starter.

The federal investigation reportedly centers on an alleged counterfeiting ring, according to several sources, but Perrilloux’s name has not been listed in any federal court papers. His coach at East St. John High School, Larry Dauterive, said his former star was questioned by federal agents for more than two hours after last week’s Allstate Sugar Bowl. LSU routed Notre Dame 41-14 at the Superdome.

Perrilloux, who was excused from practice one day at the end of December because of the death of his grandmother, did not play against the Fighting Irish.

From a phone conversation Dauterive had with Miles earlier this week when both coaches were in San Antonio for a high school all-star game, Dauterive said it was his understanding Perrilloux had been cleared of direct participation in any criminal enterprise.

“(Miles) said that if (Perrilloux) had been implicated in any way, he’d be gone, but that he was satisfied (Perrilloux) was not,” Dauterive said.

Perrilloux’s mother, Bobbie Breaux, echoed that position, implying her son might have been mixed up in other people’s trouble.

“It doesn’t surprise me, it really doesn’t,” she said. “People can say anything they want about you. Ryan is a well-known person, and if he’s around any kind of trouble, people are going to assume it’s him.

Federal authorities, speaking on background, said it did not appear Perrilloux was a serious target of an investigation but noted it would take some time to unravel the situation. Rumors of Perrilloux’s imminent arrest also are false, they said.

Breaux said she couldn’t understand how such a firestorm erupted so quickly, but said in the end, her son would not emerge as a bad guy.

“I really can’t say where it’s coming from,” she said. “It’s just rumors, that’s all they are. If he was in any kind of trouble, I wouldn’t be at work right now. I’d be home taking care of it.”

There are all types of rumors going around. Ranging from him being guilty of using fake money to him being a "witness" to the crime. It should all unfold soon. Hopefully he's not directly connected to the crime and this will turn out to be nothing. But if it does turn out that he is guilty of a crime he will be kicked off the team and LSU would have lost 2 of 3 QBs in a matter of days. GREAT!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

At this time though NO charges have been filed, its just in the investigation process!

A more indepth article.... couldn't find the link but the poster says it's from nola.com:

LSU Backup QB Perrilloux under investigation

By James Varney

and Lori Lyons

Staff writers

BATON ROUGE - In news that cast a further pall over LSU’s suddenly shaky quarterback situation, heralded freshman backup Ryan Perrilloux has surfaced as a person of interest to federal investigators in New Orleans.

As word of Perrilloux’s legal troubles seeped out before junior JaMarcus Russell, the Tigers’ starting quarterback, confirmed he would enter the NFL draft, rumors flew wildly around Baton Rouge. Federal and school officials cautioned, however, that Perrilloux, who arrived on campus two years ago as one of the nation’s most sought after recruits, has not been accused of any crime and has not been arrested.

Perrilloux could not be reached but has retained an attorney, Nathan Fisher, who declined to comment on any aspect of the case.

Said Coach Les Miles: “I do not know if he’s in any trouble whatsoever.”

It was unclear when Miles and Perrilloux last spoke.

Miles’ remarks came at the end of a press conference for Russell, and when the question about Perrilloux’s status surfaced, sports information director Michael Bonnette closed the proceeding.

Privately, however, school officials strove to tamp down rumors that Perrilloux had been kicked off the team or that his presence with the Tigers had become an unwelcome distraction.

“Absolutely not. That would mean LSU had one quarterback on scholarship,” one said, when asked if the school was looking to sever its relationship with Perrilloux.

After Russell formally announced his anticipated departure, Miles said no decision had been made on who might start next season, Perrilloux or junior Matt Flynn, who has been Russell’s backup the past two seasons. Flynn has an edge in experience, Miles said, but competition during spring practice probably would determine the next starter.

The federal investigation reportedly centers on an alleged counterfeiting ring, according to several sources, but Perrilloux’s name has not been listed in any federal court papers. His coach at East St. John High School, Larry Dauterive, said his former star was questioned by federal agents for more than two hours after last week’s Allstate Sugar Bowl. LSU routed Notre Dame 41-14 at the Superdome.

Perrilloux, who was excused from practice one day at the end of December because of the death of his grandmother, did not play against the Fighting Irish.

From a phone conversation Dauterive had with Miles earlier this week when both coaches were in San Antonio for a high school all-star game, Dauterive said it was his understanding Perrilloux had been cleared of direct participation in any criminal enterprise.

“(Miles) said that if (Perrilloux) had been implicated in any way, he’d be gone, but that he was satisfied (Perrilloux) was not,” Dauterive said.

Perrilloux’s mother, Bobbie Breaux, echoed that position, implying her son might have been mixed up in other people’s trouble.

“It doesn’t surprise me, it really doesn’t,” she said. “People can say anything they want about you. Ryan is a well-known person, and if he’s around any kind of trouble, people are going to assume it’s him.

Federal authorities, speaking on background, said it did not appear Perrilloux was a serious target of an investigation but noted it would take some time to unravel the situation. Rumors of Perrilloux’s imminent arrest also are false, they said.

Breaux said she couldn’t understand how such a firestorm erupted so quickly, but said in the end, her son would not emerge as a bad guy.

“I really can’t say where it’s coming from,” she said. “It’s just rumors, that’s all they are. If he was in any kind of trouble, I wouldn’t be at work right now. I’d be home taking care of it.”

You know counterfeiting is not some little misdemeanor like shop lifting or even something more serious like a DUI. This is the FEDS! You're not going to white collar resort prison, you're going to federal pound me in the a$$ prison!! (Actually I just wanted to be able to use one of my favorite movie quotes of all time ;) ).

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33872

But in response to 2000:

You know what hurts the most? The lack of respect. Well, actually the other thing hurts most. But the lack of respect, that hurts the second most.

My bad... my bad :cheers:

You're not going to white collar resort prison, you're going to federal pound me in the a$$ prison!!

Love that movie.

osmssmuy8.jpg

Whoops. I confused two prison-sodomy quotes from some of my favorite movies.

You do know what they do to guys like us in prison right?

No.

Are you serious? You don't know?

No. I have no idea what you're talking about.

(Whispers)

I never heard of that.

You never heard of that? It's the one thing prisons are most famous for!

There are all types of rumors going around. Ranging from him being guilty of using fake money to him being a "witness" to the crime. It should all unfold soon. Hopefully he's not directly connected to the crime and this will turn out to be nothing. But if it does turn out that he is guilty of a crime he will be kicked off the team and LSU would have lost 2 of 3 QBs in a matter of days. GREAT!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

At this time though NO charges have been filed, its just in the investigation process!

While that would be nice, fed investigations are often slow and methodical and take months, even years. I wouldn't bet on it, but I seriously doubt RP will ever take a snap at QB for LSU.

"You know what they make you do in county!"

Are you speaking from experience? :big:

(sorry sani, I couldn't resist)

Nah....

"Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"

"You know what they make you do in county!"

Are you speaking from experience? :big:

(sorry sani, I couldn't resist)

Nah....

"Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"

Need to get their pics on TM's new blog site.

Everytime I hear RP's name, I think of the way he would leave games at East St. John's

Leave in a team bus? Nah

He leaves in a loaded Escalade with a possy the size of a stadium. Hilarious.

BTW, I got to see it when he knocked my HS out of the playoffs his senior year.

You're not going to white collar resort prison, you're going to federal pound me in the a$$ prison!!

Love that movie.

osmssmuy8.jpg

Michael Bolton is that your real name! Samir nain nain naiag not gonna work her anymore who cares

Archived