Dolphins Interview Baby Shula

AuburnRugby17

And maybe Mike will get a few chances to kick Nick's butt when Nick makes his next move back to the pros in 2-3 years. The only sad part: If Shula gets a job, then UAT gets out of paying much of his buyout. :(

(Well, that and I hoped Ronnie Brown would get a great coach, not a Bama reject.)

If he takes the job for $1 a month UAT still pays the difference in the $60,000+ he's gettin' now. Another stick it to Bammer plot by the Don?

Am I missing something?

Wayne H said he would go to all lengths for their new HC

And his finalists are Shula, Gailey, and Mora?

Good lord, what an absolutely terrible and pathetic final trio.

Mora slowly made the Falcons worse and will take the Huskies job when it opens

Gailey redefines the word "average"

Shula...is um.........well.......Shula?

That would be so funny if his contract was for $1. Seriously, why woundn't you structure it that way? I damn well know I would if I was Shula.

CMS could not do any worse than Saban at the dolphins (Saban was pathetic). This will be fun to see how it turns out.

If CMS gets the gig and has a better record than Saban after 2 seasons does that make him the better coach?

Man I hope he gets the gig. Hysterical.

I agree with Southlink though, what a pitiful final three, WH has lost his mind.

CMS could not do any worse than Saban at the dolphins (Saban was pathetic).

Oh, I beg to differ

Sadly :no:

I should clarify, with Daddy's help, he could'nt do any worse status quo.

This is crazy, but I can see it happening. Maybe Shula will be better suited as the Dolphins HC than the Turds.????

For the love of all things sacred and holy...please no!!!! I think I honestly cry if CMS gets that job. I am sure he is a great guy and I think UAT screwed him big time, but there is no way he can take my Dolphins in the right direction.

We need a QB real bad, but Shula will be trying to trade for Brodie Croyle for crying out loud. This has to be some sort of joke. I refuse to believe these are the leading candidates for the job. If it is Hueizenga has lost his freakin' mind. I know the pool of available coaches are not that great, but good grief, it is not that bad.

Too many $^&* ex-players that have the potential to be good coaches are going into broadcasting. :angry:

IF CMS goes to Miami, he won't have PBBJ running the show. He just may have a chance to be a winning coach.

I doubt it. If you look at the teams he was a coach on before he came to UAT, you will see a track record of losing. Maybe in 10-15 years as he matures as a coach, that might change, but I don't see it changing just because he is not at UAT anymore.

I assure you Coach Shula was allowed to kill himself without any meddling.

If Shula had just ASKED for some help, he might still be at Bama today. His stubborn adherence to his staff (mostly hired by Price) and his unwillingness to give up playcalling sealed his fate.

Mike Shula is one of the nicest men you'll ever meet. He is faithful, loyal and upright. He is NOT; however, a great football coach. I wanted him to succeed at Alabama so bad, and I would have given him another year, but after watching what transpired at Arkansas, Tennessee, at home against MSU and Auburn, I knew he just couldn't do it.

If he does get the Dolphins job, I would be absolutely shocked. The Jags wouldn't even hire him as a QB coach last week. He has also been rumored as a possible QB coach for the Chiefs, and that is probably his best fit. These are probably courtesy interviews on Don's behalf.

The Channel 19 sports here in Huntsville is going to talk about this in a few minutes.

They added nothing new to what we already were hearing.

Latest article about the search. There are actually 5 candidates under consideration. Dom Capers, the DC at Miami and Cam Cameron the Chargers' OC. The list could grow if Marty Schottenheimer gets canned by the Chargers. Article also states that 13 people have been interviewed so far.

I think Capers, Cameron, Gailey, or Schottenheimer would be decent hires. The only positive thing I could say about a Mike Shula hiring would be that his dad would be more of a help to him at Miami then he was at UAT because Don Shula had not loyalty to UAT like he does to Miami. Don could possibly be the "behind the scenes" head coach.

I wish Marino would put get out from behind the commentator's desk and get on the sidelines. Like I said, he is one of those ex-players that could be a good coach if he would pursue it.

Link

Shula is a better Pro coach than College, the opposite with St. Nick. I'm pulling for both, they're Bama guys.

how so? Shula yes, but nickie just went where the money tempted him. He could care less about uat history.

It's all about him. If Mississippi St. or Yale or North Dakota State offered him that kind of cash that's where you would find him. To think Saban has any emotional interest is ignorant, but in uat's case that is normal.

Too many $^&* ex-players that have the potential to be good coaches are going into broadcasting. :angry:

..and too many $^&* ex-coaches that have no clue as "experts" already have jobs in broadcasting, IMO.

Archived