Dolphins Interview Baby Shula

AuburnRugby17

Too many $^&* ex-players that have the potential to be good coaches are going into broadcasting. :angry:

..and too many $^&* ex-coaches that have no clue as "experts" already have jobs in broadcasting, IMO.

Can't argue with you there as far as college broadcasting goes. But when it comes to the NFL, they usually only hire accomplished ex-coaches as their analysts. John Madden, Mike Ditka, and Jimmy Johnson are probably the most prominent ex-coaches you see doing NFL broadcasts or working as analysts.

As far players covering the NFL right now, there is a pretty good list of those also....Dan Marino, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Phill Simms, Howie Long, Terry Bradshaw, Shannon Sharpe, Sterling Sharpe, Boomer Esiason, Dan Fouts, Joe Theisman, Jerome Bettis, Chris Collinsworth,Tony Siragusa, Dan Dierdorf, Randy Cross, Moose Johnston, Lynn Swann (before he went into politics last year), and probably a few others I am forgetting. That is one heck of an impressive list of players in which half of them have the potential to be a decent NFL coach.

.......when it comes to the NFL, they usually only hire accomplished ex-coaches as their analysts. John Madden, Mike Ditka, and Jimmy Johnson are probably the most prominent ex-coaches you see doing NFL broadcasts or working as analysts.

As far players covering the NFL right now, there is a pretty good list of those also....Dan Marino, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Phill Simms, Howie Long, Terry Bradshaw, Shannon Sharpe, Sterling Sharpe, Boomer Esiason, Dan Fouts, Joe Theisman, Jerome Bettis, Chris Collinsworth,Tony Siragusa, Dan Dierdorf, Randy Cross, Moose Johnston, Lynn Swann (before he went into politics last year), and probably a few others I am forgetting. That is one heck of an impressive list of players in which half of them have the potential to be a decent NFL coach.

All it takes is getting Michael Irving and/or Deion Sanders behind a microphone to sink that theory you produced.

Get them 2 jibber-jawing and flim-flamming on the set and you can't understand a damn word either one says.

.......when it comes to the NFL, they usually only hire accomplished ex-coaches as their analysts. John Madden, Mike Ditka, and Jimmy Johnson are probably the most prominent ex-coaches you see doing NFL broadcasts or working as analysts.

All it takes is getting Michael Irving and/or Deion Sanders behind a microphone to sink that theory you produced.

Get them 2 jibber-jawing and flim-flamming on the set and you can't understand a damn word either one says.

Thus the reason I left them off the list. :lol: Also, the reason I stated that at least only half would make decent coaches. As great as Terry Bradshaw was and as much as I like listening to him, he probably would not make a good coach.

Actually in Sanders and Irving's case, if they could ever get over themselves and resolve some of their personal issues, they could make decent position coaches. Sanders has the type of energy a coach needs, but he just focuses it too much on himself. Then of course, who knows if Irving is clean right now, much less ever stay clean.

I think he may actually do well with the 'Phins.

He wouldn't have the autonomy he would have as a college HC.

Hey, they certainly couldn't get a better coach for $1 a year at least.

:roflol:

That would be so awesome if bammer switched coaches witht he Dolphins. Over paid him $4 mil. The Dolphins pay their coach $1. The Dolphins improve. bammer stays in their rut. Bama foots the Bill for both coaches.

:roflol:

You guys are so funny.

For 4 years we had the worst coach in the history of college football according to you.

Now that the dolphins are interviewing him hes gonna win a superbowl?

Whatever.

You guys are so funny.

For 4 years we had the worst coach in the history of college football according to you.

Whatever.

Who said that?

We've been trying to concince you to keep him.

You guys are so funny.

Whatever.

Wrong. We tried like heck to tell you that he was the best coach bama ever had and you fully agreed until he got fired.

Back on topic before BG hijacked the thread with his love for Shula. Mikey will not be head coach of the Phins. Out of the 5 coaches that are mentioned (Mora, Jr., Capers, Shula, Cameron, and Gailey) the 2 that are at the top are Mora, Jr. and Gailey with Capers having an outside shot.

Mora, Jr. will probably get the offer imo, but Southlink you are right its not much of a selection. Then again its Huizinga and thats part of the problem look at his last 3 coaching hires (J. Johnson, D. Wannstedt, and Satan) not exactly great choices (Like I've said before Johnson was here drawing a check and soaking up the sun, Wannstedt single handedly dismantled the Bears and well we all know about Satan). To be honest I could really care less who they get as coach, because it doesnt really matter if we dont get some better player personel....out of the 2003 draft and the 2004 draft the dolphins have 2 players still playing in the NFL on their roster...thats pitiful. Until someone from the organization figures out how to judge talent and not give up #1 picks on wastes of space (ie Ricky Williams, Jay Feely) and learns to build a team through the draft, I am relegated to watching them play mediocre football.

As some of us guessed, word coming out of Miami is that the Mike Shula interview as just a favor to Don to get Mike's name back out in circulation for coaching jobs.

Archived