It's time for Auburn's Hart

AWK

Das Link

OK, we all know the deal with Auburn by now. Put simply, the focus entering the 2007 season will not be on the defense.

Auburn's offense, on the other hand, will be under a microscope.

No one will feel the heat more than quarterback Brandon Cox. Still, he's certainly not in this alone, and his success will undoubtedly depend on Auburn's ability to replace departed running back Kenny Irons, find some playmaking receivers and improve its inconsistent offensive line.

Speaking of the offensive line, it looks like its 2006 second-string right tackle, Leon Hart, will get a chance to start somewhere. Hart has shown the ability to play everywhere on the O-line; thus, where he plays may be a tough one to call.

Nevertheless, it stands to reason that Tigers fans will get a heavy dose of Hart next season. That said, it would seem important for everyone to get acquainted.

Hart is currently a 6-foot-4, 297-pound junior (will be a senior next season). He was a four-star Rivals recruit coming out of Spring Valley High School in Columbia, S.C., back in 2004. He was considered one of the top 200 players in the nation. Further, he was Rivals' fifth-rated offensive guard in the country in 2004.

Considering the history, Hart is likely going to get the nod at right guard in '07. Don't rule out tackle, though.

The important thing with Hart is that he has a lot to prove. Unlike Tyronne Green, Hart was a big-time recruit coming out of high school. Thus, taking until his senior season to get a chance to start is a disappointment, even if he has gotten playing time at various positions throughout his Auburn career.

But none of that will matter if Hart steps up in a big way as a senior. He's got the skills. Now it's a matter of seeing what he can accomplish next season.

Discuss

Das Link

OK, we all know the deal with Auburn by now. Put simply, the focus entering the 2007 season will not be on the defense.

Auburn's offense, on the other hand, will be under a microscope.

No one will feel the heat more than quarterback Brandon Cox. Still, he's certainly not in this alone, and his success will undoubtedly depend on Auburn's ability to replace departed running back Kenny Irons, find some playmaking receivers and improve its inconsistent offensive line.

Speaking of the offensive line, it looks like its 2006 second-string right tackle, Leon Hart, will get a chance to start somewhere. Hart has shown the ability to play everywhere on the O-line; thus, where he plays may be a tough one to call.

Nevertheless, it stands to reason that Tigers fans will get a heavy dose of Hart next season. That said, it would seem important for everyone to get acquainted.

Hart is currently a 6-foot-4, 297-pound junior (will be a senior next season). He was a four-star Rivals recruit coming out of Spring Valley High School in Columbia, S.C., back in 2004. He was considered one of the top 200 players in the nation. Further, he was Rivals' fifth-rated offensive guard in the country in 2004.

Considering the history, Hart is likely going to get the nod at right guard in '07. Don't rule out tackle, though.

The important thing with Hart is that he has a lot to prove. Unlike Tyronne Green, Hart was a big-time recruit coming out of high school. Thus, taking until his senior season to get a chance to start is a disappointment, even if he has gotten playing time at various positions throughout his Auburn career.

But none of that will matter if Hart steps up in a big way as a senior. He's got the skills. Now it's a matter of seeing what he can accomplish next season.

Discuss

I thought this was about Hart McGarry former AU guard who grew up accross the street from you in Prattville.

In fairness to Leon, he is and has always been a guard. Unfortunately, he came in during a time when the guard positions were pretty much locked up. To his credit, he has done what was asked of him in trying to play wherever he was needed. Some guys don't thrive when asked to change positions. If you remember in 2003, Danny Lindsey played center. It didn't go very well, but when he moved to guard in 2004, he was a monster. I expect we will see a similiar change in Leon. Once he gets settled in to his natural position he will be the player we thought he would be coming out of high school.

You guys know Hart McGarry?

I am real good friends with his cousin.

I think Leon will/is ready to step up big.

You heard it here first...

OL will be stronger and deeper than it was this year.

You guys know Hart McGarry?

I am real good friends with his cousin.

I think Leon will/is ready to step up big.

You heard it here first...

OL will be stronger and deeper than it was this year.

I grew up with Hart McGarry and his little brother. We lived on the same street.

Archived