Molly Ivins dead

DKW 86

Since there are people here that utterly lack class and decency, perhaps obits shouldn't be posted here. I suggest this thread gets deleted before more people show their asses.

I don't know. I always enjoyed her robust form of political critique. I didn't agree with most of what she said, but I'm not so much of a rigid ideologue to not recognize her innate sense of humor.

RIP, Molly.

I don't know. I always enjoyed her robust form of political critique. I didn't agree with most of what she said, but I'm not so much of a rigid ideologue to not recognize her innate sense of humor.

RIP, Molly.

She was beyond shrill. She was a hack. She was Barbara Streisand's puppet. She had no sense of humor unless you find snapping pomeranians funny. While I have empathy for her family and wish her no ill will, I am glad to be spared her one-trick pony columns from this point forward. If she could speak today, I'm sure Molly would find a way to blame Bush for her demise.

Since there are people here that utterly lack class and decency, perhaps obits shouldn't be posted here. I suggest this thread gets deleted before more people show their asses.

Lighten up, Francis. She died from a horrible disease and I'm sorry about that. But, .... that doesn't change anything about what she wrote and said, which was voluminous but still decidedly leftist most of the time. She was an icon to the Looney Left. When you read her bio and look at her education: BA from Smith College, Masters in Journalism from Columbia, and a year spent at the Political Science Institute in Paris, it's not hard to predict which side of the political aisle she would choose.

I completely disagreed with her politically -- I once saw her on TV panel discussion saying flat out, "I'm a Communist." And proud to be a Texan too. Now ain't that a novel combination? Seriously, count me in with those who won't miss at all her shrill, ididotic, leftist/communist written musings. RIP, Molly.

Gee, TT, I hope nothing I said offended you or crossed your sensibilities. I'm curious what it was that you posted 1st, and then edited before the above reply. Hmmmm <_<

If it's something you don't like, it's lacking in class and decency, right ? I'll keep that in mind from now on.

:roflol:

Archived