SUPER BOWL

hudge

With the Super Bowl being tommorow, I was wondering how former Auburn players have faired in the big game.

Guest BoStillKnows

With the Super Bowl being tommorow, I was wondering how former Auburn players have faired in the big game.

These players come to mind as far as playing in the Super Bowl...KC, Seattle, and Philly lost. I'm pretty sure Edwards was 1-2 with Dallas, and Kolen was 2-1 with Miami

Dave Hill - OL - KC

Dave Edwards - LB - Dallas

Mike Kolen (Cap'n Crunch) - LB - Miami

Chris Gray - OL - Seattle

Roderick Hood DB - Philly

According to the Auburn Media Guide here are the former Tigers that have played for Super Bowl teams.

Auburn in the Super Bowl

I: Dave Hill, OT, Bobby Hunt, DB, Chuck Hurston,

DE, Wayne Frazier, C (Kansas CIty Chiefs)

IV: Dave Hill, OT, Chuck Hurston, DE (Kansas City

Chiefs)

V: Dave Edwards, LB (Dallas Cowboys)

VI: Dave Edwards, LB (Dallas Cowboys); Mike

Kolen, LB (Miami Dolphins)

VII: Mike Kolen, LB (Miami Dolphins)

VIII: Mike Kolen, LB (Miami Dolpins)

X: Dave Edwards, LB (Dallas Cowboys)

XVI: Mike Fuller, S (Cincinnati Bengals)

XVIII: Chester Willis, RB (Los Angeles Raiders)

XX: Ben Thomas, DE (New England Patriots)

XXII: Tim Jessie, RB (Washington Redskins)

XXIII: James Brooks, RB (Cincinnati Bengals), Steve

Wallace, OT (San Francisco 49ers)

XXIV: Steve Wallace, OT (San Francisco 49ers); Chris

Woods, WR (Denver Broncos)

XXVI: Ron Middleton, TE (Washington Redskins)

XXVII: Tommie Agee, FB, Alexander Wright, WR

(Dallas Cowboys)

XXVIII: Tommie Agee, FB (Dallas Cowboys)

XXIX: Steve Wallace, OT (San Francisco 49ers)

XXX: Kevin Greene, LB (Pittsburgh Steelers)

XXXIV: Al Del Greco, PK (Tennessee Titans)

XXXV: John Hudson, OL (Baltimore Ravens)

Jaret Holmes, K (New York Giants)

XXXIII: Stephen Davis, RB (Carolina Panthers)

Jeno James, OG (Carolina Panthers)

XXXIX: Roderick Hood, DB (Philadelphia Eagles)

XL: Chris Gray, OL (Seattle Seahawks)

Kendall Simmons, OL (Pittsburgh Steelers)

Dave Hill and I go to church togethor...played in the first 3 Super Bowls and has 2 rings I think...great guy and he's huge...6'8" and he's around 280...hands are all messed up..

Guest BoStillKnows

I remember Dave Hill playing in Super Bowl IV, which KC won. I'm not sure why, at the time I posted the earlier repsonse, I was thinking they lost. I was pulling for Minnesota during the game; but, I was okay with KC winning when my Dad told me about Hill playing for Auburn.

I checked the Super Bowl history and he also played in SB I, which was a loss to the Packers.

He is a member of the Chiefs All-Time Team and was elected to their Hall of Fame in 1997...pretty impressive :cheer:

Dave Hill Link

Chris Gray is a really nice guy and has a great family! He played at Auburn with my uncle (who was a walkon at Auburn) and they have stayed good friends since they both graudated. Chris and his family have visited my uncle and aunt, and I've babysat his children. I was pulling for him in the super bowl last year!

I remember Dave Hill playing in Super Bowl IV, which KC won. I'm not sure why, at the time I posted the earlier repsonse, I was thinking they lost. I was pulling for Minnesota during the game; but, I was okay with KC winning when my Dad told me about Hill playing for Auburn.

I checked the Super Bowl history and he also played in SB I, which was a loss to the Packers.

He is a member of the Chiefs All-Time Team and was elected to their Hall of Fame in 1997...pretty impressive :cheer:

Dave Hill Link

Yeah..he's one of htebest to ever play for KC..and most ppl don't know who he is...the life of a lineman.

Archived