Saddam Hussein possibly captured in raid

Tiger in Spain

From CNN

(CNN) -- U.S. forces in Iraq conducted a raid in the Tikrit area early Sunday, and captured a number of wanted Iraqis, possibly including former leader Saddam Hussein U.S officials told CNN's Jamie McIntyre.

The identity of the individual believed to be Saddam is still being confirmed, the officials cautioned.

A coalition news conference in Baghdad, scheduled for 7 a.m. ET, is expected to shed more light on whether the Iraqi leader was captured.

The raid in Saddam's hometown of Tikrit was based on intelligence that Saddam was at a particular location in the area, the officials said.

The former Iraqi leader is number one on the coalition's 55 most wanted list, and his evasion has been a political sore spot for the U.S. administration.

At least a dozen audiotapes believed to have been recorded by Saddam, 66, have been released since he was forced out of power by the coalition forces during the Iraq war. The most recent was broadcast in November.

His sons Uday and Qusay -- also on the coalition's most wanted list -- were killed in July, after U.S. forces stormed their hideout in Mosul.

Yep, GREAT news indeed!! Good job 4th ID and Iraqi resistance!!

Merry Christmas GWB.

Hopefully this will shred the opposition in Iraq. If nothing else they will be fighting themselves for a long time.

I am looking forward to poll numbers next week. The election might not have to wait till August to be over.

Merry Christmas GWB.

Hopefully this will shred the opposition in Iraq. If nothing else they will be fighting themselves for a long time.

I am looking forward to poll numbers next week. The election might not have to wait till August to be over.

Now you know that is going to bring the wrath of the whiney libs all over you! :lol:

They will surely find a way to spin this. BET ON IT!

Any wagers on which of the Dynamic Trio of Libs will reply first?

Merry Christmas GWB.

Now you know that is going to bring the wrath of the whiney libs all over you! :lol:

They will surely find a way to spin this. BET ON IT!

Any wagers on which of the Dynamic Trio of Libs will reply first?

I sure hope they don't come on this thread and ruin this great news! There is no way this could be a bad thing. This is a great day for all!!

The USA just captured one of the worst enemies of mankind on Earth, and this is BAD news for the leading Democratic candidate for President. What is wrong with this picture?

Merry Christmas GWB.

That is why our Demo friends are quiet, they know there will be an upward spike for President George W. Bush!

:clap::clap::clap: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :clap::clap::clap:

There was a great post on another site I visit. It was short yet spoke volumes. I quote....

Dean who??!!

A great day for America and a great day for the Iraqis

c'mon guys...i'm sure our resident liberals are just as glad to hear the good news as us on the more conservative side. if not, then they are truly so blinded by politics that they aren't worth sparring w/.

they'll still have their losing issues to beat on... and we could list them here, but this is a thread of good cheer...

one of the most evil people of all time has been captured like the rat in a hole that he is. a fitting end to him & his evilness.

congrats to the men & women in the services who have once again 'done good'.

ct

c'mon guys...i'm sure our resident liberals are just as glad to hear the good news as us on the more conservative side.

I would surely hope so, but they have been noticably scarce so far today. After months of listening to them say how we were failing miserably in the war, I really am looking forward to hearing what they have to say about this.

You are absolutely right that this is a indeed a great day for mankind. A cowardly rat has been taken out.

Yep, GREAT news indeed!! Good job 4th ID and Iraqi resistance!!

Amen. Being able to find his wormy a$$ in that hole in the middle of iraq is impressive to say the least.

I am thankful to have the military we have to do the dirty jobs in this world that no one else wants to, including some in our own country.

c'mon guys...i'm sure our resident liberals are just as glad to hear the good news as us on the more conservative side.

I would surely hope so, but they have been noticably scarce so far today. After months of listening to them say how we were failing miserably in the war, I really am looking forward to hearing what they have to say about this.

You are absolutely right that this is a indeed a great day for mankind. A cowardly rat has been taken out.

Anyone who is not happy with the capture of saddam is a pathetic, GWB hating, whiny, libbie fool. Something tells me we have at least one of those people on this board.

I've had this song in my head all morning:

"Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you!"

Give the reward to the soldiers who found him.

I've had this song in my head all morning:

"Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you!"

Give the reward to the soldiers who found him.

:lol::lol::lol: I just watched Bad Boys II last night. Hussien was really stupid to keep hiding in the manner he was hiding. It was just a matter of time of us finding him with him doing it like that. Bin Laden is next (if he is alive)!!!!

I can assure all of my anti-Democratic friends here that I think this is great news. Why wouldn't it be??? I'm not sure why you think good news like this or a good economy is something we'd be against. As I said before, I live in this economy, too. My 401k doesn't prosper when the economy is bad.

It's great that Saddam is in custody. I hope the attacks on the troops can begin to subside now, but they may intensify initially before that happens. Maybe we can also get the full picture on whether the WMD's were indeed destroyed or what.

TIS, Mike, etc. I wasn't dodging this as you are implying. I went to our office Christmas party last night and I actually just read about it an hour or so ago. Again, this is good news and is in no way that I can see bad news for the Democratic candidates, unless they were campaigning on the notion that Saddam would never be caught. His capture doesn't change my views about Iraq or Bush, nor do I think it will Dean's, Clark's or any of the other candidates.

As an aside...tiger88, why are you baiting on this? Enjoy the moment and lighten up on complex, OK???

hp12-14-03c.jpg

I can assure all of my anti-Democratic friends here that I think this is great news. Why wouldn't it be??? I'm not sure why you think good news like this or a good economy is something we'd be against. As I said before, I live in this economy, too. My 401k doesn't prosper when the economy is bad.

It's great that Saddam is in custody. I hope the attacks on the troops can begin to subside now, but they may intensify initially before that happens. Maybe we can also get the full picture on whether the WMD's were indeed destroyed or what.

TIS, Mike, etc. I wasn't dodging this as you are implying. I went to our office Christmas party last night and I actually just read about it an hour or so ago. Again, this is good news and is in no way that I can see bad news for the Democratic candidates, unless they were campaigning on the notion that Saddam would never be caught. His capture doesn't change my views about Iraq or Bush, nor do I think it will Dean's, Clark's or any of the other candidates.

As an aside...tiger88, why are you baiting on this? Enjoy the moment and lighten up on complex, OK???

hp12-14-03c.jpg

I never doubted that you thought a good economy and capturing Hussien was a bad thing. I think some of the remarks about liberals are pointed to the more extreme comments on the spin on the economy and the war in Iraq. Some factless and ignorant comments have been made by another liberal on the board, and unfortunatley all democrats on the board are suffering from this person's comments.

As a conservative, I really don't see how finding Hussien hurts Dean individually, but I do think it hurts the democrats chances for defeating Bush altogether. I do believe know we will find out about the WMDs and I have a hunch that it will not be the news that the anti-war crowd will want to hear. Again, I still have a hard time figuring why some were anti-war just because we have not found WMDs, but the fact that Saddam murdered and imprisoned children was not enough. Not to sound like a broken recored, but Clinton going after Miloshevick(?) in Bosnia for genocide was a good enough reason for them, but Bush going after Saddam for the same thing was not a good enough reason. No matter how you try to spin that, that is hypocrisy for a political parties benefit instead of focusing more on what is morally right to do.

Guys SH gassed the Kurds years ago. He had WMDs no matter if we found them or not. The real question now is who got them.

The Bush mometum is beginning to build slowly right now but this could really get ugly soon for the election.

There is a report out now that says that Gore endorsed Dean so he would get slaughtered in the 2004 election and not be around for the 2008 election when Gore squares off with Hillary.

Links are coming.

Excuse the French but, Out-effing-standing News on the capture! Caught in a rat hole like the vermin he is, and more importantly -- without a struggle. That is the single most worst thing that could happen to him. In the eyes of the Arab world he has been humiliated in the most extreme terms. There will be no face-saving for Hussein after this, no martyr status, no mythology about him carrying on the "fight" against the big bad US. He'll be executed after a trial just like the Nazi war criminals after Nuremburg. Again, outstanding effort on the part of our troops in Iraq. I'm so proud of all of them.

One down & one to go. Hey, Osama. Clean up your cave & make it presentable -- you're about to get some visitors!

Again, I still have a hard time figuring why some were anti-war just because we have not found WMDs, but the fact that Saddam murdered and imprisoned children was not enough.

And I have a hard time figuring out why the Bush administration didn't use the children as their reason for attacking instead of basing it on known bogus intel and flat out lies. Did they think that the world really wouldn't want to rally around the murder of children? Why lie about the other stuff and pay little attention to this when you're pitching a war in front of the UN?

It is not only us conservatives on this board pointing out that this is bad news for Dean, Lieberman was saying the same thing, pointing out that it if were up to Dean, Saddam would still be in power right now in Iraq.

I saw Dean's comments on Saddam's capture, his attempt to hide his disapointment was very poor, he looked about as happy as Tuberville did discussing his future before the 'Bama game...

For the moment, forget the election. It's still 11 months away. This is an historic & joyful moment for the entire world. Well, most of the world: Link

"Impossible! No, I don't believe it," cried Rami Makhoul, who works at a jewelry store in the Syrian capital Damascus. At an outdoor market in Cairo, shopkeepers could be heard yelling at each other, "They say he's been captured, do you believe that?"

In the Jordanian capital Amman, 77-year-old Sheik Abu Khaled saw the TV footage of the disheveled, bearded Saddam and declared, "This captured man isn't Saddam. He'd rather blow himself up."

Samer Saado, an employee at a Damascus flower shop, said he didn't care about Saddam but felt overwhelming sadness for Iraq and the entire Arab world.

"What the Americans are doing in Iraq and everywhere else is humiliating. There's nothing to say we're not next in line," he said.

Clinton going after Miloshevick(?) in Bosnia for genocide was a good enough reason for them, but Bush going after Saddam for the same thing was not a good enough reason. No matter how you try to spin that, that is hypocrisy for a political parties benefit instead of focusing more on what is morally right to do.

That's what I'm talking about!!!!

:clap:

Archived