rchandlerh

1. Andre' Woodson, Kentucky

2. Erik Ainge, Tennessee

3. John Parker Wilson, Alabama

4. Matthew Stafford, Georgia

5. Chris Nickson, Vanderbilt

:lol: Okay...

mine would go:

woodson, ainge, nickson, cox, and stafford... but the last two could just as easily be flynn, wilson, or mitchell

You know, I just don't have a feel for this team. What do you guys think? 8-4, 11-1? Will the road schedule kill us? Will CTT's strategy of liberally substituting last year pay off in a more seasoned bunch of guys? Will our QB shake off his injuries and step up? Will the WRs begin to contribute.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

mine would go:

woodson, ainge, nickson, cox, and stafford... but the last two could just as easily be flynn, wilson, or mitchell

I agree it's tough to rank them this year, but I think too much credit is being given to the UK and Vandy guys. I think by year's end, it will look something like this:

1. Erik Ainge

2. Matt Stafford

3. Matt Flynn

4. Brandon Cox

5. John Parker Wilson

---------------------

6. Blake Mitchell

7. Tim Tebow

8. Andre' Woodson

9. Chris Nickson

10-12. Whatever

I thought there were and aweful lot of UAT guys on those lists...Considering they are the third best team in their division. If I based my expectation on their list, I would be looking for UAT to be contenders. Too bad I ahve seen al those guys play in person, and I know that they aren't as good as this list would like to make them out to be.

You know, I just don't have a feel for this team. What do you guys think? 8-4, 11-1? Will the road schedule kill us? Will CTT's strategy of liberally substituting last year pay off in a more seasoned bunch of guys? Will our QB shake off his injuries and step up? Will the WRs begin to contribute.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

At worst, 8-4 in the regular season. three losses on the road and one at home.

At best, 11-1 in the regular season. one loss to either Florida or LSwho.

Probably, 10-2. Losses to Florida and either LSwho or Georgia. Much rather lose to FLA or GA than Ark or LSwho. We might just be able to backdoor our way into the SEC championship game.

Best case bowl? - for an 11-1 season, Sugar Bowl, or maybe championship Sugar.

Worst case bowl? - Peach, err sorry, Chik-Fil-A bowl or Music City.

Probably? - Capital One Bowl or maybe Sugar.

Ryan

I agree it's tough to rank them this year, but I think too much credit is being given to the UK and Vandy guys.

While you could be correct in your rankings by taking a SWAG (scientific wild-azzed guess) approach to these QB's, there's no doubt at all that Woodson should be ranked at the top based upon the evidence on the field ...... and it's not even close. If you can't give proper credit where it has been earned, the remainder of your opinions on the matter are irrelevant, eh?

I agree it's tough to rank them this year, but I think too much credit is being given to the UK and Vandy guys.

While you could be correct in your rankings by taking a SWAG (scientific wild-azzed guess) approach to these QB's, there's no doubt at all that Woodson should be ranked at the top based upon the evidence on the field ...... and it's not even close. If you can't give proper credit where it has been earned, the remainder of your opinions on the matter are irrelevant, eh?

Well being a good qb isnt about how many yards and tds you throw for. A lot of it is about helping your team to win games. Lorenzen was a pretty good qb, except that he was a choke artist. Woodson won some games last year so hes on his way. I dont really think Nickson should be near that high though. He threw a lot of picks in games that cost them opportunities to win, and hes got the best receiver in the SEC which makes things a lot easier.

It's just an opinion, so of course it's irrelevant. So are those of the Rivals guys. And yes, mine was just a guess at where I think they'll shake out by year's end, nothing more.

Dorsey not in the best of the DL, but Gilberry is. What a crock!!! Dorsey should be in there over MArks for that matter. That was so BG or win don't get panties in a wad.

Dorsey not in the best of the DL, but Gilberry is. What a crock!!! Dorsey should be in there over MArks for that matter. That was so BG or win don't get panties in a wad.

Dorsey's ranked #1. :blink:

1. Glenn Dorsey, LSU

2. Quentin Groves, Auburn

3. Derrick Harvey, Florida

4. Wallace Gilberry, Alabama

5. Sen'Derrick Marks, Auburn

Gilberry is one of the top DEs in the SEC. He had 2 sacks against AU last year while being doubled the whole game.

As far as Top 5 QBs go. Cox deserves to be there over nickson. Nickson isn't that good IMO.

Well being a good qb isnt about how many yards and tds you throw for. A lot of it is about helping your team to win games.

True dat, but ask yourself this ..... with the exception of Arkansas, is there any single offense in the SEC that wouldn't improve with Woodson as their QB? Hard to imagine his level of talent and accuracy not helping any offense in the conference. You can bet the ranch that Meyer would love to have someone of Woodson's caliber in last season's game against AU .... Woodson doesn't get rattled under pressure and throws on-the-move better than any QB in the conference. (a necessity at UK :lol: ) Woodson's mobility alone would've made AU a more productive offense.

i'll concede that i may overrank nickson based purely on his excitement factor (a 9 of 10 if you watch him) instead of his effectiveness. a guy like brandon isn't sexy, but he's won 20 games in two years. definitely something to be said for that.

woodson, i won't admit. he won 8 games at kentucky and threw all over every team he played. he's a future first round quarterback if he improves one iota this year. he and ainge (big, big league arm) are the premier qbs in the sec heading into this year. only kentucky's defense/changing oline or ainge's craziness (see: sophomore year) moves either of them from the top spots.

as for the dlinemen, i throw the bs flag because the sec generally has monster tackles and dominant tackles are rarer than rush ends. marks is one in the making. dorsey is a star, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of research to find the next guy coming up. AND what's up with gilberry over titus brown? brown was 2nd team all conference, and he doesn't get love as a senior? odd.

Archived