MLB 2007 Season

AUJarhead

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opening day sucked. Can we have a re-do?

Lots of Red Sox fans here in KC, Ranger. And I agree on the redo.

And I know Houston fans have to be wondering how much longer will Garner stick with Lidge. How short is that leash?

Do the rest of you NL Central fans have a feeling that the Brewers are going to be pretty darn good this year? Sheets looked incredible yesterday.

They have talent, that's for sure. And right now, the central is looking like anybody's for the taking. I wouldn't bet on who is going to win the central this year if my life depended on it.

Do the rest of you NL Central fans have a feeling that the Brewers are going to be pretty darn good this year? Sheets looked incredible yesterday.

Yeah, how's it going to feel when the Cubs and Brewers are battling for first in August/September.

Ooh, sorry, must have dozed off. I had this great dream though...

Yeah, how's it going to feel when the Cubs and Brewers are battling for first in August/September.

The only team that I can't see having a legit shot in the Central is Pitt.

My only fear is that Jason Marquis morphs into the next Roger Clemens and wins 24 games this year, striking out 300, and throwing 3 perfect games.

The only team that I can't see having a legit shot in the Central is Pitt.

My only fear is that Jason Marquis morphs into the next Roger Clemens and wins 24 games this year, striking out 300, and throwing 3 perfect games.

I can almost promise you that Marquis will have a 4+ era this season playing half his games in Wrigley. I can only hope that Lee, Soriano, Ramirez and company can beat the ball around enough to make up for the lack of starting pitching they will get this year.

Lots of Red Sox fans here in KC, Ranger. And I agree on the redo.

And I know Houston fans have to be wondering how much longer will Garner stick with Lidge. How short is that leash?

Can't speak for all of them, but I think it's time Lidge & Qualls both get tossed. Lidge was supposed to have gone to a pitching clinic with Nolan Ryan. Don't think he learned much. Two homers from semi-sorry hitters.

Crap, September & football can't get here soon enough.

Nope. Love Sheets and his stuff but he will get hurt AGAIN and the Brewers will go on a deep losing streak in the 2nd half AGAIN.

At least he got tossed for throwing at the umpire! Good find! :roflol:

I think I need to sacrifice some chickens to Joe Boo to get the Cardinals bats to wake up.

Jarhead, that 5 year window that you talkked about is going to be hard to abide by if this is the Cardinals you are looking at for the long haul.

I don't think so though, way too much talent on the team. They may have just gotten a kick start. I can't believe how good the Mets piching was for the series though. However, I'm not sure if the Mets pitching is really THAT good or just had a really good series.

We'll know when the Mets play Atlanta this weekend.

As far as St Louis goes, I agree, but it looks like they picked up from where they left off at the end of the regular season. Houston got swept too, I guess we're battling it out this weekend to get out of the basement.

Cubs/Brewers. This should be a good series. But before that, you wrap up the Reds series, and you get to see your first glimpse of Marquis. Better get some tums.

Maybe things will pick up for your guys Jarhead. After our opening day loss, my guys have impressed me with their two wins.

Speaking of Sheets, we got Zabrano going against Sheets today. Should be a great pitching duel!

If you are a Cubs fan, you got to love the start of the season...or at least I do. Hill and Lily pitched awesome! Zambrano will be great when he settles down. Marquis pitched well too but I love the fast that the Cubs are not depending on Prior or Wood. If they come in and pitch, great, if not, the Cubs have spent the money to ensure we will have atleast decent pitching. That couples with the fact that the Cubs should put up some runs this year should make for a good season. We'll see...I can always hope!

You know it's off to a bad season when I went to the NCAA Hockey Final tonight, and didn't once check the score of the Cards game.

You know it's off to a bad season when I went to the NCAA Hockey Final tonight, and didn't once check the score of the Cards game.

Houston won 5-1. :poke:

At least you got to see a good game.

I hope it stays this way for you guys so you can see what I have had to put up with for the large majority of my baseball watching career. :) You will then appreciate when your team does well and learn to keep up with the team whether they are 15 games above or below .500. <_<

You will then appreciate when your team does well and learn to keep up with the team whether they are 15 games above or below .500. <_<

Oh, I'll keep up with them. And I'm a Saints fan, at least Cubbies fans have something to point to (no matter how far back it was).

And yes, the NCAA hockey final last night was a great game.

Cards bats seem to have woken up today, 4-0 in the 8th as I write this.

Good series win for the Braves.

Archived