Best Christmas Present Ever

bammanmr

I have a couple of women that work for me, that were talking about their kids going nuts, about asking for everything under the sun for Christmas. Of course it worked its way into presents we used to get when we were kids that were either overrated or just the best presents ever.

So the question is, what's the best Christmas present you ever got as a child? Or the most lame present you ever got.

For me, getting one of those mongo-huge erector sets with the electric motor. It was the coolest. You could build almost anything.

The most overrated present was a game called chutes away. It was before the big battery operated craze, so you had to stop and wind the stupid thing every 15 seconds! Total bs. :angry:

LEGO's...My favorite set was the one with the working auto chassis. It had an engine that had gears and pistons and a drive shaft and reclining seats and a supension system...so cool.

Did anyone else have it?

I had A GI Joe Christmas one year. I think my parents got me about every GI Joe figure and vehicle that I did not already have. My favorite gift out of all that was the F-14 Tomcat fighter jet. I think they called it the "Skystriker".

the millenium falcon and tie-fighters....................I was the perfect age for these toys when Stars Wars was first released [8 Years old]. My Evel Keneivel wind up motorcycle toy was pretty cool as well. Also, air hockey and a miniature pinball machine were big hits.

Worst was a telescoping fishing rod that did not work. :(

I can't think of my best christmas present I have gotten so many good ones, but I do very very well remember my lamest one. It was when I was 18 years old. My freshman year at LSU. Well anyways I went home for christmas and I asked my grandparents for a new truck or car. well I got all of my gifts or so I thought and my grandparents gave me a small box and told me to walk about a half mile to where my uncle lives and you will see your gift so I walk there and I open the box and of course it was a set of keys, but the keys went to a hot wheels car. So I walked back to my granny's and I was pissed off at myself and my grandparents for playing me like a fool. I was in a bad mood the rest of the day. That night we ate our christmas dinner and after christmas dinner I went into my room to watch TV and about a hour later my grandparents called me to a front and told me someone was outside and wanted me to come talk to them so I went outside and out there was a brand new 1998 extended cab truck that was my last gift. So that was pretty cool.

My BEST Christmas present?

That is a tough one. My brother is two years (actually, 21 months) my senior.

We faught like cats & dogs as kids. (Don't all brothers?)

When I was ten and he was 12, we got identical purple bikes for Christmas. He was a sickly kid. (He is now healthy as a horse and a successful business man.)

Anyway, he had to go into the hospital shortly after the Holidays. I rode HIS bike the entire time he was sick. THEN, I pointed out the fact that the OTHER one was MINE.

One of the few times I got to "one-up" my BIG brother.

We joke about it even to this day.

My BEST Christmas present is YET to come.

My big brother, after all these many years, is proposing to his lady on Christmas Eve. He is , next to my beautiful bride, my best friend.

My oldest daughter will get her AU diploma on the 19th.

THOSE may make THIS my BEST Christmas in quite a few years.

God Bless.....WAR EAGLE ! :D

The Atari with the Asteroids game was probably the gift I remember being most excited about. I think I'd have to win the lottery to get that excited about a gift again.

I am not trying to change the direction of this thread, but the best Christmas gift I can remember was in 1974.

I have three daughters and in November of 1974 my middle daughter came down with Cerebral Meningitis and stayed in the hospital in isolation for almost a month. She was in the hospital till a week before Christmas and it was a very happy homecoming and Christmas that year.

When I was 5 I got a Hot Wheels service station. I still remember coming into the room and seeing how Santa had it all set up under the Christmas tree.

It was the perfect gift seeing as how, at age 5, I had already shown a propensity for putting cars in the shop.

A "Green Machine". A stick steering big wheel. I was probably 12. I rode that thing till the wheels literally fell off.

A "Green Machine". A stick steering big wheel. I was probably 12. I rode that thing till the wheels literally fell off.

Oh man, I remember those! I thought I was the coolest dude when I had one of those. :lol: Remeber doing the "powerslides" on one of those? :lol::lol:

Oh man, I remember those! I thought I was the coolest dude when I had one of those. :lol: Remeber doing the "powerslides" on one of those? :lol::lol:

My friends used to get mad cause I rode it EVERYWHERE. They rode their bikes and were tired of waiting on me. I didn't reallize how bad it was till my buddy got a unicycle a few years later. Now those things are S L O W. And you can't do a power slide with them either.

Archived