Family names son "Saban"

Ranger12

I swear that the area that David and I live in has the most rednecked bammers per capita more then any other area in the state.

Link

Saban joins Tyde in Bama-fan clan

Couple name sons for team, new head coach

By Deangelo McDaniel

dmcdaniel@decaturdaily.com · 340-2469

HARTSELLE — So, how dedicated are you to Alabama football?

If you answer that you have season tickets and that you go to every game, that's not good enough for Tim and Hannah Witt.

They do that, too.

But, if you say that you are naming your children after something associated with Crimson Tide football, then you're at the level the couple says separates "regular fans" from "die-hard fans."

As early as mid-January, the Witts knew their second child was a boy, and they knew his name would be Saban.

That's right, Saban Hardin Witt, who was born Tuesday at about 5 p.m. in Decatur General Hospital, is named after Alabama head football coach Nick Saban. He was two weeks early and weighed 7 pounds and 10 ounces.

So, what if Saban doesn't succeed as Alabama's football coach?

"We'll tell our son he was named after one of the highest paid coaches in college football," the father said.

What if Saban Witt turns into an Auburn fan?

"We'll put him up for adoption," his father, joked. "I'm not worried about that. He was bleeding Crimson before he was born, and I'm going to make sure he continues to bleed Crimson."

Older brother is Tyde

The Witts of Hartselle named their first child, who is 23 months old, Tyde Timothy Witt. He's already attended several Alabama football games.

The family will introduce Saban Witt to tailgating and to the Tide nation when Alabama plays Florida State on Sept. 29 at Alltel Stadium in Jacksonville, Fla.

"My parents are going to the game to baby-sit," his father said.

Hannah Witt, a third-grade teacher at Crestline Elementary in Hartselle, was almost six months pregnant before the Witts decided on a name. Initially, they talked about honoring legendary Alabama coach Paul "Bear" Bryant.

"We were going to spell it differently," she said, of the name Bear.

But, the father said one of his good friends, who is a coach in Limestone County, has the nickname "Bear" so they opted against that.

Tim Witt, who watched the Alabama coaching search as closely as anyone, said he thought about naming the baby Saban Jan. 4 after Athletic Director Mal Moore introduced Nick Saban as the Tide's head football coach.

Warming to name

"Hannah was at school, and I called and left her a message," he recalled. "She wasn't excited about the name initially, but after about a week, she started to like it."

The mother said she knew they were going with a name with an Alabama theme, but Saban didn't seem right initially.

"I thought he was crazy in the beginning," she said. "I told some people. They said it was unique, and it grew on me."

The father said friends told him he was crazy.

The Witts said both sets of grandparents — Wayne and Inez Witt of Hatton and Joe and Paula Hardin of Falkville — approved the name.

Hartselle Mayor Dwight Tankersley goes to church with the Witts at Fairview Church of God and tailgates with them at Alabama home games.

Although Saban hasn't coached a game at Alabama, Tankersley isn't surprised that the couple selected that name.

"Just about everybody in church knows they are Alabama football fanatics," Tankersley said.

"Their first child is Tyde. I don't think anybody in church is surprised."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The really idiotic part about what they did was the fact that they named their child after a guy that has not even coached a game yet for UAT. How stupid are they going to feel when Saban is a flop at UAT?

Should have named the poor little guy "Half".

Next up? Twins! Half and Dim!

Ranger is right about Decatur too. We both know some of the same folks. This place is scary with the inbred. mullett wearing, etc.

It is rumored that I worked with PCBama. :no:

of Hatton and..............of Falkville

There is your problem, right there. Decatur is a modern urban center of culture, commerce, and education compared to Hatton and Falkville. I heard Hatton didn't even have electricity till the mid 1960s.

That long hair just cant cover up there redneck!

tyde's won every fight he's ever fought

I think it's inevitable either Tyde or Saban will have a sign that says they've been to prison.

Is there a way to do a search of public records and see how many children had their name changed from Dennis or Fran to something else?

I hardly ever post on here, but I can't help it when I read stories like this. It's hard to fathom how INSANE some bama fans are. I mean come on. Tyde? Saban? You serious Clark?

un-freak-in believable! I named a cat rudy after rudy johnson, but my goodness that's one fanatic family.

"gonna make sure he continues to bleed crimson" what's he gonna do - beat him if he pulls for

Auburn? probably

WOW, just WOW. I try not to be surprised by this type of idiotic behavior anymore but, .......... oops, gotta go, Shug and Bo are fighting over the remote again. Damn kids!

:puke:

Shug and Bo are fighting over the remote again. Damn kids!

Have Pat and Terry go play catch with it.

I wonder how many little Carnells will be enrolled in Kindergarden in 2009?

Shug and Bo are fighting over the remote again. Damn kids!

Have Pat and Terry go play catch with it.

I wonder how many little Carnells will be enrolled in Kindergarden in 2009?

:roflol::roflol:

The thing that makes this so pitiful is that these people are naming their children after someone WHO HAS NOT COACHED A GAME YET.

That's like naming your son Borges before the 2004 season (not that I'd name my son Borges now).

Guys, these people are just one example of the redneck bammers in this area.

You guys should hear about the guy that David works with that both of us know. This guy is the poster child for redneck bammers.

of Hatton and..............of Falkville

There is your problem, right there. Decatur is a modern urban center of culture, commerce, and education compared to Hatton and Falkville. I heard Hatton didn't even have electricity till the mid 1960s.

JD, Hatton is in Lawrence County and, no offense to anybody from there, that county is 99.5% pure redneck period. Don't get me wrong, they are good ole' country people and fun to hang around, but the education level there is not that great. There was an issue this past year on how the Lawrence County School Board barely had enough teachers just for the core classes for high school students. Funny story...a girl that was like a sister to me growing up (people often thought we were dating b/c we were that close), who actually was a city girl that went to Austin High wound up marrying one of those Lawrence County good ole' boys. He is a great guy and like I said, most of them are, but not many braniacs come from there.

As for Falkville, they are just a micro version of Lawrence County, but located in Southern Morgan County and borders Hartselle where this couple lives. Most people that are born in Falkville never move off any further then Hartselle or Cullman. Hartselle is not a bad little town however. Pretty solid school system and athletic program, nice people, etc, but full of bammers.

I think they only part of Morgan County (the county David and I live in) that is not purely dominated by redneck bammers is where I went to school and the area I am moving back to here in the next couple of months....Danville. There are a lot more Auburn folks in that area compared to Decatur and the rest of Morgan County. That is probably due to the fact that it is a farming town and there a lot of connections to Auburn's agriculture programs. I am proud to say that my youngest cousin is a senior at Danville High this year and will be attending Auburn even though his family is bammers.

Geography class dismissed.

i don't know what's more pathetic, these people or the fact that its front page news. my hometown never stops amazing me.

i don't know what's more pathetic, these people or the fact that its front page news. my hometown never stops amazing me.

:roflol: I was thinking the exact same thing when I posted it. The Decatur Daily is a joke. Do you remember about a year ago when they had the front page story about the bammer who scalps tickets? They made the guy sound like some type of genius for being a ticket scalper.

:roflol: I was thinking the exact same thing when I posted it. The Decatur Daily is a joke. Do you remember about a year ago when they had the front page story about the bammer who scalps tickets? They made the guy sound like some type of genius for being a ticket scalper.

how can you forget this face?

hustler.jpg

Ranger is right about Decatur too. We both know some of the same folks. This place is scary with the inbred. mullett wearing, etc.

Nope, PC owns about half of Lee County.

Nope, PC owns about half of Lee County.

What a coincidence. Tuberville owns all of Tuscaloosa.

Nope, PC owns about half the weed in Lee County.

Fixed that for you.

Archived