Stick a fork in Romney, too?

TexasTiger

As if hunters are impressed by people who lie about being hunters. This dude's a fraud. :roflol:

BOSTON --Officials in the four states where Mitt Romney has lived say the Republican presidential contender, who calls himself a lifelong hunter, never took out a license.

Romney says that's because he has seldom hunted where he needed one.

Questions about his hunting activities trailed Romney this week after he remarked at a campaign stop that he has been a hunter nearly all his life. The next day, his campaign said Romney had been hunting only twice, once as a teenager in Idaho and again last year with GOP donors in Georgia....

"The report that I only hunted twice is incorrect," Romney said in a statement issued Friday. "I've hunted small game numerous times, as a young man and as an adult. I'm by no means a big game hunter. I'm more Jed Clampett than Teddy Roosevelt."

...His staff refused Friday to provide details about his hunting history, including whose gun he used, with whom he hunted and whether he hunted in Utah as a college student or as an adult. He does not own a firearm, despite claiming to earlier this year.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hamps...on.com+%2F+News

This is so silly to me! Why not just say, "You know, I enjoyed hunting the times that I went. I don't get to go that often," or something like that when "courting" the hunters and such. This happens with politicians all the time. Why do they do this?

This is so silly to me! Why not just say, "You know, I enjoyed hunting the times that I went. I don't get to go that often," or something like that when "courting" the hunters and such. This happens with politicians all the time. Why do they do this?

Primary season!! Think they have to "play to the base." Early in the 2004 primary you saw the Dems tripping over each other trying to impress NARAL, even though most Dem voters have a more moderated view on abortion. But Romney may be the most blatant panderer I've ever seen. One guy when he runs in Massachusetts, a totally different guy now. I don't see the Republican primary voter buying it, no matter how much money he raises.

bevjed22.gif

Well doggies!

Shooting varmints! :roflol:

"I'm not a big-game hunter. I've made that very clear," he said. "I've always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will. I began when I was 15 or so, and I have hunted those kinds of varmints since then. More than two times."

"Rodents"--- cannibal...

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.d...EWS02/704060496

.....Romney may be the most blatant panderer I've ever seen. One guy when he runs in Massachusetts, a totally different guy now.

You must have missed Hillary's Selma speech.

.....Romney may be the most blatant panderer I've ever seen. One guy when he runs in Massachusetts, a totally different guy now.

You must have missed Hillary's Selma speech.

You must have seen the clip on Fox.

Nope, CNN. Hate to bust your bubble.

No worse than the gem by Mr. Teresa Heinz Kerry...

"Kin ah git me a hunting license here?" - John Kerry. Hunter. Sentor. Country man.

:roflol:

Giuliani, Romney, McCain... Thompson! :cheer:

Which one?

Fred.

I'm a Democrat, yet, I would vote for Thompson over Obama b/c of the tort reform issue. I'll never vote for a candidate who supports tort reform. Never.

"Kin ah git me a hunting license here?" - John Kerry. Hunter. Sentor. Country man.

"John Kerry went duck hunting and he's doing that to fulfill his campaign pledge to hunt down the ducks and kill them wherever they are! Kerry did pretty well; he came back with four ducks and three Purple Hearts." --David Letterman

Giuliani, Romney, McCain... Thompson! :cheer:

Which one?

Fred.

I'm a Democrat, yet, I would vote for Thompson over Obama b/c of the tort reform issue. I'll never vote for a candidate who supports tort reform. Never.

Yeah, I wonder how Republicans will resond to Thompson's oppositon to tort reform and voting against convicting Clinton of perjury...

Kerry looked bad and Romney learned nothing from the experience. He digs deeper every time he talks about it.

Archived