Miami High School Coach holds grudges against Bama and Saban

boyjeddah

Click Here........

But Saban's request to visit Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas was denied by coach George Smith, who noted it was nothing personal. After Mike Shula was fired, Smith sent a letter to Alabama's athletic director and president stating Bama's coaches weren't welcome on his campus because of how Shula's dismissal ''was handled.'' Saban, who recruited South Florida well as Louisiana State's coach, didn't have a Dade or Broward player in his first Bama signing class.

Can't really blame him for that.. I was frustrated with the AD the way they let Shula go.. but to hold that against Saban and cite Shula as the reason I think is lying.. just say you're a dolphin fan, there's no crime in saying the truth..

Kind of childish to be honest. All jokes aside, are you cutting out a possible opportunity for one of your kids to go play somewhere by doing that? I know it's a stretch and they can contact the prospect other ways. But to ban them from campus because you don't like the way they handled a firing is stoopid.

Kind of childish to be honest. All jokes aside, are you cutting out a possible opportunity for one of your kids to go play somewhere by doing that? I know it's a stretch and they can contact the prospect other ways. But to ban them from campus because you don't like the way they handled a firing is stoopid.

Exactly. They are basically saying: "This is about OUR grudge, we don't care about denying these kids potiental opportunities"

I don't care if it is Auburn, Alabama, FSU, UT, or Harvard...it's not your place to influence where a kid goes. Especially not by taking away options.

Isn't this old news?

Click Here........

But Saban's request to visit Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas was denied by coach George Smith, who noted it was nothing personal. After Mike Shula was fired, Smith sent a letter to Alabama's athletic director and president stating Bama's coaches weren't welcome on his campus because of how Shula's dismissal ''was handled.'' Saban, who recruited South Florida well as Louisiana State's coach, didn't have a Dade or Broward player in his first Bama signing class.

Can't really blame him for that.. I was frustrated with the AD the way they let Shula go.. but to hold that against Saban and cite Shula as the reason I think is lying.. just say you're a dolphin fan, there's no crime in saying the truth..

The man is silly. You cant pick your kid's destinations. With my luck with God and his sense of humor, Ethan will end up at Bama or Arkansas. ;)

Exactly. They are basically saying: "This is about OUR grudge, we don't care about denying these kids potiental opportunities"

Is keeping a kid from UAT really denying them an opportunity? More like the first step toward Sainthood.

I don't care if it is Auburn, Alabama, FSU, UT, or Harvard...it's not your place to influence where a kid goes. Especially not by taking away options.

I totally agree Bamagrad. If Bama or any other school wants to recruit in that sector and give their players an opportunity to play college football on a scholarship, then they should be allowed to do so. College programs hire and fire coaches all the time, for whatever reason. To sit there and act like Bama was the only school to do so is ridiculous.

If I was Saban, I would contact the kids anyway if that is allowed.

Get over your grudge, coach. It is NOT your decision of where he goes.

Thats the problem when you hire a complete d***head to coach your team. Saban has made A LOT of enemies in Florida and Louisiana. Good luck trying to recruit there now, NO ONE in Florida likes Saban and he's getting shunned by Louisiana players and coaches for because of his terribly cocky attitude.

The guy is a dweeb. Karma is a bitch.

Thats the problem when you hire a complete d***head to coach your team. Saban has made A LOT of enemies in Florida and Louisiana. Good luck trying to recruit there now, NO ONE in Florida likes Saban and he's getting shunned by Louisiana players and coaches for because of his terribly cocky attitude.

Yeah sure did hurt with Luther Davis.

Oh right, you mean the guy who LOST his scholarship from LSU? I've heard all the Bammer cover-up lies about Saban "stealing" Davis, the dude flat out got mirked because he couldn't stop lying. Ask any USC, Arkansas, or LSU fan about Davis and you'll get the same thing. He "committed" on pretty much every visit he took and couldn't keep out of the recruiting game, even after he was told that he wasn't allowed to go visit anywhere else after committing to LSU. He chose to lie and visit Bama behind LSU's back and they found out and pulled his offer, why? Because they had two guys lined up all along (Sidell Corley & Jason Peters) as replacements. They chose Corley and he committed almost immediately after Davis was told to look elsewhere.

What happened to all the other Louisiana players that Saban was trying to pull away? They all played off the "Oh golly-gee, Saban is awesomes!" card pretty well before committing elsewhere :roflol: .

BG - I would quit using Luther Davis as your reference to Sabahr being the recruiting god you think he is. If your curious about Luther Davis recruitment see Jamarcus Russell's. $$$$$$$$$

BG - I would quit using Luther Davis as your reference to Sabahr being the recruiting god you think he is. If your curious about Luther Davis recruitment see Jamarcus Russell's. $$$$$$$$$

Hey Matt...I heard that also.

Heard it about LD and BrandonG.

Also heard another SEC East school has already turned them in for it.

What do you think?

You guys are so transparent. You aren't going to get a rise out of me...maybe it was more aimed at BP. The idea that Saban would pay a player before he ever coached a season is ludicrous.

Brandon Gibson? You're certainly joking there. The guy grew up a Bama fan. And neither were looking hard at an SEC East school. Nice try. Are there any other players that had an AU offer that you'd like to explain away with "cheating"? Surely no one would EVER want to go to Alabama over Auburn. They MUST be cheating.

What happened to all the other Louisiana players that Saban was trying to pull away?

The only other one we went hard after was Joe McKnight. He didn't go to Alabama or LSU.

And if Saban made SO many enemies in Louisiana, why were we in Joe's top 3? Why would he or Davis even CONSIDER Alabama?

You guys are going to have to try harder. At least bring along TM or Galen, someone who can give me a run for my money.

Besides 2-3 High Schools that have never gotten along with LSWho, I have yet to hear nor do I believe that any high schools have something against Saban.

Though I am sure LSWho fans will not agree and claim I am being "bias"...but I don't think the state is as "secure" to LSWho as they lead others to believe

Is keeping a kid from UAT really denying them an opportunity? More like the first step toward Sainthood.

I'm with you there, Sani. I applaud that Ft Lauderdale coach -- he's looking out for the welfare of his players. uat has a reputation for paying for recruits. Who wants to be part of such a despicable & unethical program?

I'm with you there, Sani. I applaud that Ft Lauderdale coach -- he's looking out for the welfare of his players. uat has a reputation for paying for recruits. Who wants to be part of such a despicable & unethical program?

Glass house...glass house!

As I completely see your point and just for counter-argument sake, I think a high school coach should also have some leverage in foreseeing the future welfare of his players as well and a good argument that he can make is that he does not see any of his players having a good future under Saban due to his track record and the fact that he could be out of there in 3 years and where will that leave his players..??

I am not saying that it is the most rational thinking in the world, but it's valid at least...

Putting hype and all the things that Alabama and only Alabama fanatics believe in, to him alabama is just another out of state school period. Have he forbidden the U from recruiting his players, then that's a different story. All in all, it does not really make a difference and it should not affect any of his players so long as their hearts are not set on playing for bama.. which "if believed" is a complete delusion due to our magnificent accomplishments over the past 10 years...

You guys are so transparent. You aren't going to get a rise out of me...maybe it was more aimed at BP. The idea that Saban would pay a player before he ever coached a season is ludicrous.

Brandon Gibson? You're certainly joking there. The guy grew up a Bama fan. And neither were looking hard at an SEC East school. Nice try. Are there any other players that had an AU offer that you'd like to explain away with "cheating"? Surely no one would EVER want to go to Alabama over Auburn. They MUST be cheating.

What happened to all the other Louisiana players that Saban was trying to pull away?

The only other one we went hard after was Joe McKnight. He didn't go to Alabama or LSU.

And if Saban made SO many enemies in Louisiana, why were we in Joe's top 3? Why would he or Davis even CONSIDER Alabama?

You guys are going to have to try harder. At least bring along TM or Galen, someone who can give me a run for my money.

Sorry BG you took it the wrong way. I've heard as well as you have that Brandon Gibson's and Luther Davis' recruitment are at the core of the violations that 5 SEC schools have turned Bammer in. 9 times out of 10 nothing every comes out of these type of violations, but to come on here and crow about a recruit that has this much baggage hanging over him is pretty comical.

LOL he ONLY went after McKnight? How about Will Blackwell (signed with LSU) and Chad Jones (signed with LSU)? I remember both being heavily followed by Saban as well. Both took a keen "interest" in Bama late in the process before choosing LSU. Please, you guys were tracking Saban's jet daily and he made SEVERAL stops to Louisiana. The only guy you ended up reeling in was a guy who lost his scholarship offer and pissed everyone else off so late in the recruiting season that Bama was the ONLY choice. I havn't even brought up anything about Davis taking money/benefits but it wouldn't surprise me, the guy was flat out SHOPPING himself the entire year. You also were NOT in Joe McKnight's top three. His final top 3 was USC, LSU, and OLE MISS. I know for a fact that at the end of Joe McKnight's recruitment he was seriously considering going to Ole MIss, so much that Orgeron gambled big time and pulled a scholarship offer from one of his top instate RB commits (Robert Elliott) in anticipation of grabbing McKnight. Elliott ended up signing with MSU in the end and Orgeron lost out on McKnight. Bama was never truly in it on McKnight despite what your ridiculously jaded Pro-Bammer news sources say.

As I completely see your point and just for counter-argument sake, I think a high school coach should also have some leverage in foreseeing the future welfare of his players as well and a good argument that he can make is that he does not see any of his players having a good future under Saban due to his track record and the fact that he could be out of there in 3 years and where will that leave his players..??

Due to his track record? You mean his track record of consistently putting guys in the NFL?

Sorry BG you took it the wrong way. I've heard as well as you have that Brandon Gibson's and Luther Davis' recruitment are at the core of the violations that 5 SEC schools have turned Bammer in. 9 times out of 10 nothing every comes out of these type of violations, but to come on here and crow about a recruit that has this much baggage hanging over him is pretty comical.

Whatever. We will see wont we?

LOL he ONLY went after McKnight? How about Will Blackwell (signed with LSU) and Chad Jones (signed with LSU)? I remember both being heavily followed by Saban as well. Both took a keen "interest" in Bama late in the process before choosing LSU. Please, you guys were tracking Saban's jet daily and he made SEVERAL stops to Louisiana. The only guy you ended up reeling in was a guy who lost his scholarship offer and pissed everyone else off so late in the recruiting season that Bama was the ONLY choice. I havn't even brought up anything about Davis taking money/benefits but it wouldn't surprise me, the guy was flat out SHOPPING himself the entire year. You also were NOT in Joe McKnight's top three. His final top 3 was USC, LSU, and OLE MISS. I know for a fact that at the end of Joe McKnight's recruitment he was seriously considering going to Ole MIss, so much that Orgeron gambled big time and pulled a scholarship offer from one of his top instate RB commits (Robert Elliott) in anticipation of grabbing McKnight. Elliott ended up signing with MSU in the end and Orgeron lost out on McKnight. Bama was never truly in it on McKnight despite what your ridiculously jaded Pro-Bammer news sources say.

We knew we didn't have a prayer with Chad Jones. He eliminated us before Saban was hired. Will Blackwell "officially" commited on 1/12, but was LSU bound well before. Yet another one who eliminated us before Saban entered the picture.

As far as McKnight? Here's what he had to say about Saban:

"I followed the whole coaching search and was curious to see if he took the job. When he did, I was hoping he would at least contact me. He's a great coach, and there are a lot of players who would want to play for him."

Yeah, Saban's presence really ruined us with him. That's why we were in his top 3/4 and weren't on the radar before he got there.

Also when speaking about McKnight: "If not for coach (Nick) Saban going to Alabama, he wouldn't have even considered another trip. In the end, he told Nick that he had to concentrate on the schools he visited."

Due to his track record? You mean his track record of consistently putting guys in the NFL?

If that's your only benchmark, then Larry Coker is a great coach... and ohh ohhh hold on.. who was this past year NFL Rookie of the year's head coach??????? sky's not always crimson buddy..

If that's your only benchmark, then Larry Coker is a great coach... and ohh ohhh hold on.. who was this past year NFL Rookie of the year's head coach??????? sky's not always crimson buddy..

And do you think all those guys making millions in the NFL did a bad thing by playing for Coker?

And do you think all those guys making millions in the NFL did a bad thing by playing for Coker?

No, but I also think that there are other tangible & intangible factors that you have to look at when it comes to the wellfare of a player's future other than how many players a coach put in the NFL... plus I honestly do not think you can attribute even that to a single coach. I dont think that Saban is the only reason those guys are in the NFL.. most likely they would have made it there regardless.. a great player is pretty 90% of the success formula and if you do not believe me, ask D. Ryans, Mark Anderson, Shaun Alexander plus you need to consider the assistant coaches contribution to that as well.. it's not a one-man show..

So just relying on the argument of how many did he put in the NFL i think (IMO) is pretty weak. I bet if you look of how many of his players that did not make it to the NFL, the number will be higher.. i know that sounds absurd but it's the exact argument you're making

Archived