APPARENTLY, Finebaum has hinted an article is in the works

DKW 86

REMEMBER THAT YOURS TRULY DID NOT START THIS ON THE OPEN FORUMS.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=6&F=...p;P=1&STM=0

Finebaum just hinted on the air that Bama might have some NCAA problems in the near future, and he's talking about football. That's what he meant by "they will see themselves in the paper very soon."

Since January, we have heard rumors from:

Louisiana, specifically about Luther Davis and benefits his family got a la Albert Means.

Small rumors of a basketball game trip in Saban's POV. (BTW, we served a probation for a similiar trip of 3-4 miles.)

Improper contact with recruits over and over. Especially last week in FL.

Saban Contacted a recruit signed by Tennessee 2-3 times. Problem, he was at :ut: and taking classes already. That is a real No no, for the NCAA. Minor, but a real no no.

My best source reported a while back that :uga: was extrememly pissed about some stuff and that they turned Saban into the NCAA late last week, early this week. This is from the very same source that named Saban HC at bama on Dec 18th.

To recap Reports from the South, SE, East, and North. Heck, Saban is really popular everywhere but in the West.

Added info: Saban was hired Jan 4th? The probationary period still covered up unitl Feb. 1, 2007

My addition to this will be:

Georgia, Georgia,

The whole day through

Just an old sweet song

Keeps Georgia on my mind

I ALLEGEDLY had a dream last night about Nick Saban leaving Alabama before the season starts.

I ALLEGEDLY had a dream last night about Nick Saban leaving Alabama before the season starts.

He still hasn't signed his contract..... ;)

I would be surprised if UGA turned anyone in unless it was something major and blatant

Why? Well, I think everyone that works for UGA would know that if we went after someone else...we would hopefully have nothing in our own house...which I am sure we have plenty in our own house of um....not so legal recruiting....but as me and 88 have argued...I dont think whats in our house is any worse then other SEC schools houses.

And...didn't we hear that UGA was turning in Auburn the last 2 years as well?

I am not sure what it is with UGA apparently turning people in....

Sooo, what you're saying is allegedly....

is that finebaum needs someone other than stupid bammers calling in to his show.

He is going insane with the stupidity.

Sooo, what you're saying is allegedly....

is that finebaum needs someone other than stupid bammers calling in to his show.

He is going insane with the stupidity.

Finebaum is the definition of stupidity.

Saban Contacted a recruit signed by Tennessee 2-3 times. Problem, he was at and taking classes already. That is a real No no, for the NCAA. Minor, but a real no no.

This one has already been debunked.

Saban Contacted a recruit signed by Tennessee 2-3 times. Problem, he was at and taking classes already. That is a real No no, for the NCAA. Minor, but a real no no.

Link?

Link?

Funny, I was going to say the same thing.

Link?

Funny, I was going to say the same thing.

Rodney Orr has already said that there is no basis in truth to this rumor.....Or, was he talking about the Albert Means thing....Or, was he talking about the severity of the NCAA punishment.....Or, was he talking about Franchione leaving....Or, was he talking about Mike Riley turning down the job....Or, was he talking about Mike Price at the strip club? Come to think of it, there is never basis in truth to any negative rumor about Alabama.

BG, if you and Orr and all of the other Alabama flunkies would shut your yaps when we spout all of this, it would make it so much easier to take in the end. One of the great downfalls of Alabama is the arrogance to believe that happy talk can make truth go away and bad teams win.

Okay... I'm gonna bring this up since I haven't read it on this thread.

Remember back when saban was recruiting Jamarcus Russell... alabama and Auburn, along with LSU and FSU was in his top four... Auburn visited with JR on the last week they could, I think it was a Monday night, anyway after the visit Auburn was no longer on JR's list... ... not because he dropped them out of consideration, but because Auburn dropped him. alabama, visited him the next night and the same thing happened. It's quite odd that the #1 Prospect in the state is no longer being offered by the two main schools; okay, The Main school, Auburn and the fourth best team 'bammer. It was reported that an amount of $50,000 was the asking price.

Fast forward four years... Not only is saban being looked at for talking to a player, after he was already enrolled at another school; not only is saban being looked at for illegally contacting B. Gibson, but there is another player that bammer fans will Cringe at when they find out how saban got him. This player strikes me as someone that would want a sum around the JR ballpark, Luther Davis is the name. If this, so called, investigation goes forward or if the NCAA looks into the recruiting done by saban, just a little bit; it wouldn't surprise me if LD's name pops up.

I'll let the quote speak for itself... I have that from Very reliable sources out of Louisiana and Arkansas.

This just in from Fox 6... nick saban had illegal contact with players from south florida. He thinks he can get away with all these Minor Violations and No One will report them... kinda like it was when he was at LSU... how arrogant is this?

This just in from Fox 6... nick saban had illegal contact with players from south florida. He thinks he can get away with all these Minor Violations and No One will report them... kinda like it was when he was at LSU... how arrogant is this?

This just in? These are the same alleged violations we've been talking about for 4 days.

If the NCAA comes calling, these Alleged violations will come to light... Also, don't forget about ALL the other coaches coming together to send the NCAA a little present about nick saban's past recruiting Minor violations while he was THE coach in Louisiana... It'll all be brought out for the Whole World to see.

If the NCAA comes calling, these Alleged violations will come to light... Also, don't forget about ALL the other coaches coming together to send the NCAA a little present about nick saban's past recruiting Minor violations while he was THE coach in Louisiana... It'll all be brought out for the Whole World to see.

Yeah, if Saban did something at LSU, surely we will go on probation for it.

They can come calling about this minor violation crap. It's not like we are gonna lose scholarships for it.

I'm a big Barry Manilow fan. Could it be Magic makes me moist.

Saban just does what everybody else does.

So, since every other coach does it (which I doubt), that makes illegal recruiting ok?

So, since every other coach does it (which I doubt), that makes illegal recruiting ok?

It's the Bammer spin cycle. But just wait, there's more to come.

It's the Bammer spin cycle. But just wait, there's more to come.

We've got an emoticon for that. Saves a lot wear and tear on the fingers from having to type it out. :bamaspin:

Archived