No bias?

GalensGhost

Just a question. Did al.com post orgasmic articles from Washington newspapers or from national feeds when Jason Campbell was taking over the starting job in Washington?

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2007/06/croyle...eady_to_be.html

FWIW, if you do a search for Jason Campbell on the al.com site, it returns nothing.

they ran an article or two, and i read one in the MPR about JC and the skins. AL.com doesn't keep stories on there forever is probably why you didn't find anything, unless you pay and do the archive search. they might keep some stuff on a couple of weeks. i did a search for JPW and it came up with nothing. i did one for BC and it came up with one article from yesterday. i did a search on bob riley and it came up with two articles from yesterday and one today.

Actually, yeah they did. And you have to remember, AL.com is basically a syndication of the state newspapers. So unless the H Times, Press Reg, and Bham News all ignored it (which they didnt)...it was up on al.com.

Nice read. I don't know if Croyle is ready to be the starter, but KC could use a change at the QB position.

About Campbell, I remember reading a few things about him in the Huntsville times when he got his first start for Washington. Al.com probably deleted it since it was pro- Auburn, but I'm sure they had it at one time.

Nice read. I don't know if Croyle is ready to be the starter, but KC could use a change at the QB position.

About Campbell, I remember reading a few things about him in the Huntsville times when he got his first start for Washington. Al.com probably deleted it since it was pro- Auburn, but I'm sure they had it at one time.

How can you say that KC needs a change at qb? Trent Green has been one of the top qbs in the league over that past 5+ seasons. Brodie may do well then again he may not, time will tell. The Chiefs really need a change on defense, geez you don't win many games by giving up more points than you score. When was the last time KC really made a run at the Super Bowl?

Key sentence out of the whole article:

... For at least this one play in practice, when the defense wasn't hitting for real, the third-

round draft pick from Alabama looked as if he's ready to start in the NFL. ...

If Croyle thought Stanley McClover gave him a hard time in his last IB, he ought to keep in mind Stanley hasn't even made the depth chart for the Panthers. Welcome to the NFL.

... For at least this one play in practice, when the defense wasn't hitting for real, the third-

If Croyle thought Stanley McClover gave him a hard time in his last IB, he ought to keep in mind Stanley hasn't even made the depth chart for the Panthers. Welcome to the NFL.

Although presumably an NFL O-line will be stronger than that sieve that Bama called an O-line in the 2005 Iron Bowl.

Although presumably an NFL O-line will be stronger than that sieve that Bama called an O-line in the 2005 Iron Bowl.

Exactly. Given a good o-line and a clean bill of health, Croyle can be a great QB.

He's a lot like Cox in that respect.

Guest Frank Burns

Exactly. Given a good o-line and a clean bill of health, Croyle can be a great QB.

Thank you for your compliment of Brandon Cox.

We still think John Wilson is not that great.

Signed,

Auburn Fans United

Signed,

Auburn Fans United

returntosender46gb7.jpg

Signed,

Auburn Fans United

brandon cox is a really good QB imo. i mean, he doesn't have a long ball or anything, but he's got clutch ability and when healthy can make things happen. i'm sure everyone will be a little uneasy after the end of this season when BC is gone. especially if there are a few quirks in your hellacious road schedule. i'm not sure how to take your JPW comment because i'm really not sure in which context you're using it. JPW isn't "great", but he's pretty good. if you can't admit that, you need to take your AU blinders off. putting up the numbers he did with pretty much no help makes me wonder what he can do with an o-line.

Guest Frank Burns

I see you are a fan of the King.

He's not really dead, ya know.

I'll wager that if Croyle starts a game in the NFL this fall, I'll got to On Tap in an Alabama shirt for one hour. If he doesn't, the person taking the wager will buy my drinks for one hour.

Any takers?

Guest Frank Burns

brandon cox is a really good QB imo. i mean, he doesn't have a long ball or anything, but he's got clutch ability and when healthy can make things happen. i'm sure everyone will be a little uneasy after the end of this season when BC is gone. especially if there are a few quirks in your hellacious road schedule. i'm not sure how to take your JPW comment because i'm really not sure in which context you're using it. JPW isn't "great", but he's pretty good. if you can't admit that, you need to take your AU blinders off. putting up the numbers he did with pretty much no help makes me wonder what he can do with an o-line.

I answer for my brethren, not just myself.

Would I want him to be my quarterback over some of the quarterbacks on my team? Possibly. But I'd put him no higher than third on my list of possible starters for Auburn for 2007 or 2008.

Why?

Because he put up good numbers while fighting against the undertoe of Mike Shula and Chris Capps?

Guest Frank Burns

Why?

Because he put up good numbers while fighting against the undertoe of Mike Shula and Chris Capps?

Undertow.

No, because I like Cox better as a leader and I see more potential for greatness in Kodi Burns.

I'll wager that if Croyle starts a game in the NFL this fall, I'll got to On Tap in an Alabama shirt for one hour. If he doesn't, the person taking the wager will buy my drinks for one hour.

Any takers?

Someone should take him up on this. There is not near the disgrace or shame involved with buying him drinks for an hour. Plus, he can only drink so much in an hour. I'd give it a go, but I agree with him.

Any takers?

I'll take you on. Might I suggest this one:

sabanation9comp[1].JPG

Why?

Undertow.

No, because I like Cox better as a leader and I see more potential for greatness in Kodi Burns.

Really? You'll have to grant me a mulligan. I don't guess I've actually seen that word written before.

Forgive and forget.

Best QB in the league the past 5 years? Are you kidding me Slug? I've had the goob on my fantasy team two years running and his play hasn't warranted a start. Inconsistent, injury prone, and average. Brodie may not be the guy who needs to start, but Green wants out of KC and they couldn't win with him anyways. Time for a change.

Guest Frank Burns

Why?

Undertow.

Really? You'll have to grant me a mulligan. I don't guess I've actually seen that word written before.

Forgive and forget.

I'm here to educate.

Who is forgiving whom? I ain't mad at ya.

Why?

Undertow.

Forgive and forget.

I'm here to educate.

Who is forgiving whom? I ain't mad at ya.

You do a fine job of it.

As for the second line, I'm going to use the dreaded, " ;) ."

Brodie's lack of mobility might get him killed in the NFL. But i'm pulling for him.

Brodie's lack of mobility might get him killed in the NFL. But i'm pulling for him.

Yep, only mobile QBs make it in the leauge

Signed,

Dan Marino

;)

Archived