SEC Scheduling

WinCrimson

If my memory serves me correctly, :msu: was tough last year...no, that was just against :ua::big::poke:

and you pull up what some idiot on Finebaum had to say on Tuesday before the '05 Iron Bowl

First of all, I live in friggin' Italy. We don't have Finebaum on the radio over here.

MSU had 2 years (98 & 99) when they were really tough, and :lsu: still beat the living hell out of them in 98 (the year MSU won the west).

Every other year, Georgia plays Florida the week before Auburn. LSU usually plays Florida or another quality opponent the week before Auburn.

There's only 1 team on bama's schedule that I give a crap about, and I could really give a baboons red rear end whether the other 10 or 11 play the Munford High Lions before the bama game. Line up and play ball...don't make excuses.

Auburn has been the exception to the rule. How many times must it be said? Also, Georgia has been getting an off week between its games with UF and AU. And, LSU playing Florida followed by Auburn has only happened once in recent years. LSU in regards to Alabama? They play a Sun Belt team and then get a bye before THEN having to play Alabama. What a joke.

So, in your concession post, you raise me a "Line up and play ball." Like we weren't going to do that anyway?

Why does every team we play either get a bye or play Itawamba Community College before they play Alabama? It's been like this for as long as I started following SEC football, too. Thought for the day...

Arkansas- BYE

Auburn- BYE

LSU- BYE

Ole Miss- Louisiana Tech

MSU- BYE

Georgia- Western Carolina

Tennessee- MSU (first time since the Taft administration that they haven't had a BYE)

Vanderbilt- Richmond

FWIW, Florida State has an off-week prior to their date with us, too.

It's a conspiracy implemented by NCAA/SEC/Miles Brand/Mike Slive/Phillip Fulmer/ESPN/TSN to keep :ua: down.

You've only been following SEC football for 4 years? :ua: didn't play a good opponent the week prior to the IB until 2002. Curse that Link

:au: 's always had :uga: the week prior.

Cry me a river..... :cry3:

First of all, this isn't JUST about the Iron Bowl. I listed all SEC teams that we play this season and Auburn just happens to be one of them.

Curse that link? Why would I? It proves my point. Mississippi State, if you remember, had some great teams in the late 90's and 2000. When they fell off the map and returned to their normal form after the 2001 season, we picked up Nick Saban and LSU. LSU had been, like MSU, a mediocre team for the past decade. Once they were placed ahead of the Iron Bowl, they won 2 SEC titles and a national championship. We were 1-4 against him. AS for me, I'm for having an off week before we play Auburn or playing a LA-Monroe caliber team. Which is, exactly what will happen. But, again, this isn't a "Who do you play before the Iron Bowl?" discussion. I'm looking at our ENTIRE schedule.

If you don't have a bye before Alabama, you have a Richmond or Western Carolina. Unbelievable.

You've got to ask yourself, "Who's behind this and why?"

First off, if MSU had "great teams in the late 90's and 2000 how can they be mediocre team for the last decade? Last time I checked a decade is ten years and that time frame would be 1997-2007 if you include the upcoming 2007 season. Next, why do you care who plays who before they play Alabama? I would think that for 4 million dollars Saban would have his team prepared to play no matter who the other team just got done playing the week before or if they are coming off a bye week. I for one hate that there is a bye week before the Iron Bowl, I don't know why Mal Moore pushed for that. I doubt you will ever see many old line Auburn folks whine about Amen corner back in the day and how that it may have cost Auburn shots at the SEC title.

LSU goes to Kentucky. Kentucky, the same team that went bowling and returns the league's top passer. Nope. Doesn't count.

The same Kentucky bowl team that they beat 49-0 last year? They'll beat them like a rented mule again.

Win, want to see a real man's schedule?

Back in the Eighties, we finished EVERY season with :uf: , :uga: and then a week off and then :ua: .

Everything Dye accompished must be seen in those terms. We also played :ut: every year as well.

I for one hate that there is a bye week before the Iron Bowl, I don't know why Mal Moore pushed for that.

Because :ua: went from the front cover of Sporting News (proclaiming "Bama's Back") to national laughing stock all in a matter of 2 weeks. :ua: couldn't handle being exposed by the top 2 teams in the West back-to-back on their schedule, and whined for the change.

Win, you still aren't getting it. You shot your mouth off and stated that every team either has a bye or plays a creampuff like Itawamba Community College before they play Alabama, and its been this way ever since you started following SEC football. I pointed out the fallacy of your argument, and now you're shifting the goalpost on me. That is my point.

If you guys don't like your schedule, fire your scheduler. Otherwise...cowboy up and quit whining. Like AUslug said, with what you are paying Sabear, you should be able to handle anything thrown at you.

I for one hate that there is a bye week before the Iron Bowl, I don't know why Mal Moore pushed for that.

Because :ua: went from the front cover of Sporting News (proclaiming "Bama's Back") to national laughing stock all in a matter of 2 weeks. :ua: couldn't handle being exposed by the top 2 teams in the West back-to-back on their schedule, and whined for the change.

Win, you still aren't getting it. You shot your mouth off and stated that every team either has a bye or plays a creampuff like Itawamba Community College before they play Alabama, and its been this way ever since you started following SEC football. I pointed out the fallacy of your argument, and now you're shifting the goalpost on me. That is my point.

If you guys don't like your schedule, fire your scheduler. Otherwise...cowboy up and quit whining. Like AUslug said, with what you are paying Sabear, you should be able to handle anything thrown at you.

Then I said, EVERYONE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF AUBURN. This is not an Auburn vs. Alabama argument. The statement I made about teams playing the little sisters of the poor before they played Alabama still holds true. And yes, it's been that way since I became obsessed with Alabama & SEC football.

David, Amen Corner was a helluva task. Although, the real order was Florida, Creampuff U, Georgia, and Alabama. And, Florida was middle of the road before Pell got there.

Then I said, EVERYONE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF AUBURN. This is not an Auburn vs. Alabama argument. The statement I made about teams playing the little sisters of the poor before they played Alabama still holds true. And yes, it's been that way since I became obsessed with Alabama & SEC football.

David, Amen Corner was a helluva task. Although, the real order was Florida, Creampuff U, Georgia, and Alabama. And, Florida was middle of the road before Pell got there.

Why belittle Amen Corner? That stretch was tougher than Alabama's whole season, I mean playing USM,Vandy and Miss St every year is tough I tell ya.

Guest BoStillKnows

I think everyone wants two weeks off. It helps heal the injured players.

Vandy and Kentucky are getting better so an extra week before those games doesn't mean as much.

Dude, you weren't even born then so why are you even flapping your holster about it? The whistle on your train of thought in this instance .... barely audible.

Archived