Florida now has...

BamaGrad03

The highest paid AD in the country, and the highest paid basketball/football tandem in the nation.

Why no commitee on University Athletic salaries? Where is the outcry from all of those bitching about Saban's salary?

If it was wrong for Saban to make what he makes, isn't this wrong too?

Oh that's right. Just like the talking to kids during the "quiet" period...only a big deal when it involves UA.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The highest paid AD in the country, and the highest paid basketball/football tandem in the nation.

Why no commitee on University Athletic salaries? Where is the outcry from all of those bitching about Saban's salary?

Oh that's right. Just like the talking to kids during the "quiet" period...only a big deal when it involves UA.

well, they've won championships. 3 in the last 2 years. you get paid for your performance. saban has yet to perform. shut up.

....i smell cheese and hear the pouring of wine.

well, they've won championships. 3 in the last 2 years. you get paid for your performance. saban has yet to perform. shut up.

It has nothing to do with championships. The media wasn't demonizing Saban's contract because of lack of accolades. And you know it.

And Saban has yet to perform is the biggest joke of the century.

Both coaches have not only won championships, but they COMBINE to make a high salary. Saban is all alone as significantly higher paid than everyone else.

Both coaches have not only won championships, but they COMBINE to make a high salary. Saban is all alone as significantly higher paid than everyone else.

Uh...no. Billy D's new contract is for ~3.5 million per year. And Meyer's is for 3.25 Million per.

It has nothing to do with championships. The media wasn't demonizing Saban's contract because of lack of accolades. And you know it.

And Saban has yet to perform is the biggest joke of the century.

Biggest joke of the century????

Okay....So what IS Saban's record...at Bama? ...in THAT environment??... What's his record against Auburn???? Please, stop with the "LSU days proved everything" approach. Nobody here is ever going to care, or give it credit for what it matters now. It J U S T D O E S N ' T M A T T E R in today's Bama vs. Auburn, slash SEC, slash 2007 world...

You're usually pretty calm, cool and collected most of the time BG, but this was the post of an asshooligan Bammer...not a proud Alabama "Grad"...

IF he's making 40 mil....then he's just going to have to live with the 40 million dollars worth of buckets of poo that comes with it.

Good for Donovan and Meyer.... I couldn't care less what they're paid... They've proven themselves at their current locations, in the current year...against you...and well against us...err uh...anyway......

Just sayin... B)

I disagree, BG. I think it is all about championships. I truly don't think we have a clue what a national championship in football and two in basketball means to a university with regard to the financial windfall that comes with them. I'm sure Florida, like all schools, has a stake in sales of UF apparel. I would imagine there are also tons of sports apparel companies like Nike, Reebok, Underarmour, Russel etc. bidding multi-millions to get in on the roll Florida is on.

Forget the other benefits these championships bring like recruiting, more T.V. exposure and guaranteed sellouts. Bottom line is the money is there. It's flowing and Florida has earned it. They can pay to keep a good thing going. I wouldn't hesitate to throw cash their way. They're not trying to get to the top. They're trying to make sure they stay there.

None of these are the point. The bottom line...we got absolutely DESTROYED by the media and all of you guys because of the amount of money we paid Saban. Not because of championships, not because of a question of how good he is. Because, to be honest, he's walking into the SEC with a ton of hardware.

It's not a question of whether or not he is good enough...it's all about the bottom line dollar figures...and people wanting to get a shot at Bama over it.

Meyer won a national title? Yeah, but his contract was HUGE before he won a game at UF.

If any of you guys leave your job for a better one, are you going to take an entry level salary until you "prove" yourself?

And esquire, it's not about financial windfall that championships bring either. Because Alabama is a top 5 earner every year. His salary isn't going to put us in the poor house. We went through the worst 5-7 years in our history and are still making more money than almost every d1 program out there.

Just like everything else, it's a double standard. It's a mortal sin what we were paying Saban...but when other guys are making almost the same amount...there's all these reasons why its ok.

None of these are the point. The bottom line...we got absolutely DESTROYED by the media and all of you guys because of the amount of money we paid Saban. Not because of championships, not because of a question of how good he is. Because, to be honest, he's walking into the SEC with a ton of hardware.

It's not a question of whether or not he is good enough...it's all about the bottom line dollar figures...and people wanting to get a shot at Bama over it.

Meyer won a national title? Yeah, but his contract was HUGE before he won a game at UF.

If any of you guys leave your job for a better one, are you going to take an entry level salary until you "prove" yourself?

And esquire, it's not about financial windfall that championships bring either. Because Alabama is a top 5 earner every year. His salary isn't going to put us in the poor house. We went through the worst 5-7 years in our history and are still making more money than almost every d1 program out there.

Just like everything else, it's a double standard. It's a mortal sin what we were paying Saban...but when other guys are making almost the same amount...there's all these reasons why its ok.

Not really. Florida has just won a national championship. They were contenders with Spurrier just a few years ago. Bama paying their coach about 40 mil is about the same as Ole Miss paying theirs 40 mil. Florida paying their coach a lot is about the same as Oklahoma or USC paying their coach. Bama needs to start over - not still act like they're playing with the big boys.

No No No...

The difference between Meyer and Donovan, before their most recent success, had prior success that earned them the salaries they HAD before (with no gaps equaling years, or multiple seasons). They moved on based on their CURRENT success.

You continue to throw UA out there as if they are simply making some transition to "another" great coach necessary to run an already great program.

Here's a bulletin... Bama WAS a great program years ago. They've been, and still are in a state of flux. The money paid to Saban, a former winner at LSU, but a CURRENT FLOP in the NFL, was paid to him because the Bama nation would accept nothing less than the lofty, but still unfounded expectations for Saban. Bama now has him, but paid him MORE money than even proven, tenured coaches with CURRENT success.

Cry all you want BG about how Bama gets "destroyed", but your beloved university brings it on themselves with every stroke of their pens writing checks for crap they haven't even received yet.

You think it's bad now??? Just watch what happens IFFFFFFF this Saban Circus does NOT pan out.

My GOD, THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!

BG, I understand what you are trying to say and I can understand you trying to find something to equal the criticism that UAT got when hiring Saban. However, I think that because you are trying so hard to make the comparison, you are missing the big differences that everybody is trying to point out to you.

Saban had proved nothing at UAT yet when he got that big honkin' contract bro. He actually just left an NFL team in the dust after lying for weeks about not being the coach at UAT. You can't compare that to the fact the UF football program is the current MNC and the basketball program has won two NCAA championships in a row. At least Meyer and Donovan earned their money in raises for winning national championships, whereas Saban's contract makes is a "new hire" contract. Still each coach's individual salary is still not as high as Saban's salary.

However, with all of that said, I do think that college coaching salaries are starting to get way too close to the professional level salaries. Then again, that may be the only way schools can keep their successful coaches from bolting for the pros, so I don't blame them for that. Yet, with these increasing salaries, we all know who is really ultimately going to pay for them.

The difference between Meyer and Donovan, before their most recent success, had prior success that earned them the salaries they HAD before (with no gaps equaling years, or multiple seasons). They moved on based on their CURRENT success.

So ALL of Saban's success (read 2 sec championships and a national title in a 3 year span) is null and void because he didn't INSTANTLY turn around a crappy team in the NFL? Whatever. If another school with the money was looking for a coach, they would have paid Saban.

I guess SOS didn't need to come back and get offered a job at an SEC school either. What about Calapari? How does he even have a job? Pitino? What were they thinking?

Sure not hacking it in the pros equals not being worth it in college.

Saban had proved nothing at UAT yet when he got that big honkin' contract bro. He actually just left an NFL team in the dust after lying for weeks about not being the coach at UAT. You can't compare that to the fact the UF football program is the current MNC and the basketball program has won two NCAA championships in a row. At least Meyer and Donovan earned their money in raises for winning national championships, whereas Saban's contract makes is a "new hire" contract. Still each coach's individual salary is still not as high as Saban's salary.

Again, like I stated before...Meyer got a 3 million + salary when he left UTAH. And why does no one answer my question? Are you willing to take an entry level salary at the NEXT job you get...if you are one of the best at your craft...until you prove you are good enough on their turf? Hell no. That's an asinine assumption. Did CTT make more money when he left Ole Miss to go to AU?

Again, you guys are throwing out weak analogies. You always have some excuse to use when you are caught in a double standard. Just admit it...you guys don't have a problem with how much coaches are paid. You just have a problem when it's an opportunity to get a dig at Alabama.

Again, like I stated before...Meyer got a 3 million + salary when he left UTAH. And why does no one answer my question? Are you willing to take an entry level salary at the NEXT job you get...if you are one of the best at your craft...until you prove you are good enough on their turf? Hell no. That's an asinine assumption. Did CTT make more money when he left Ole Miss to go to AU?

Spurrier did! He took a huge paycut to go to USC, a team who has been equal to UA this century.

Again, you guys are throwing out weak analogies. You always have some excuse to use when you are caught in a double standard. Just admit it...you guys don't have a problem with how much coaches are paid. You just have a problem when it's an opportunity to get a dig at Alabama.

What else would you expect from an Auburn Forum? I've lurked on here long enough to see that you enjoy this board despite it being a board that despises your school. I, personally, don't have a problem with his salary. I think the higher-ups at UA are the ones making the wrong decision by paying him such a huge amount.

So ALL of Saban's success (read 2 sec championships and a national title in a 3 year span) is null and void because he didn't INSTANTLY turn around a crappy team in the NFL? Whatever. If another school with the money was looking for a coach, they would have paid Saban.

I guess SOS didn't need to come back and get offered a job at an SEC school either. What about Calapari? How does he even have a job? Pitino? What were they thinking?

I'm reminded of the line from "Forrest Gump":

"Are you retarded or something?" - Young Jenny

Look, this is an Auburn board. I know that's cliche and pretty worn out, but really. This is YOUR thread, YOU started, HERE...uh...on an AUBURN BOARD... What do you expect to accomplish with a thread like this? A sudden and unexplainable realization of the Auburn Nation, that UA is our bretherin and should be loved, and appreciated, no matter what????????

Seriously, if you can't understand that Auburn people, on an Auburn board (and in everyday conversation when it comes up) are going to rib Bama fans like you, and a Mediocre (YES!, you are at best...mediocre right now) program for dishing out the single largest salary in the HISTORY OF COLLEGE ATHLETICS to Nick Saban fresh out of two years of failure in the NFL, then all I can say is ... "Damn."

There's no analogies here BG, just good ol' fashioned common sense that should tell you that reading your constant boo-hooing over the treatment of a certified assclown at our chief rival university is a little funny.

SO, in closing, I'd just suggest cutting back with whining and crapping your slacks everytime someone points out your piddle puddle. It's all in fun man!

Outta here for the night! You all have a good evening.

i'll answer your question. no, i would not take an entry level salary if i was recruited to a better job for my talents. i would not expect anyone in the world to do that, saban included. that isn't the problem with your whining here. the problem is that saban was offered this money out of absolute teeth-gnashing, hand-wringing desperation to bring a once mighty program back from mediocrity. he was paid more than any other coach has ever made EVER based on the assumption that he is the answer to your weepy prayers. the connection between that situation and the one at florida is absolutely, obviously not the same. they are OWNING TWO MAJOR COLLEGE SPORTS right now. that's huge, and even you have to understand that. and even then, they're STILL making 500 and 750 thousand dollars a year LESS than the crimson messiah. do you still think you have a point? i guarantee you no one else here agrees.

bg, you are seriously fighting a losing battle, and making a giant stubborn assclown out of yourself in the process. even more gigantic and stubborn than usual. the logic has been laid out for you, bud. i don't know what else can be said.

"bg, you are seriously fighting a losing battle, and making a giant stubborn assclown out of yourself in the process. even more gigantic and stubborn than usual. the logic has been laid out for you, bud. i don't know what else can be said."

Why yes...you may use "assclown" in your post. B)

I'm opening up "asshooligan", "assmunchkin", "Captain Kickass" as well... Enjoy.. HAHA! :lol:

So ALL of Saban's success (read 2 sec championships and a national title in a 3 year span).

Not because of championships, not because of a question of how good he is. Because, to be honest, he's walking into the SEC with a ton of hardware.

Okay first off.....Where's his TON of hardware? The Crystal Football and Two SEC Championships....in his Entire Coaching Career, I'm talking Head Coach, Coordinator, Secondary Coach, Grad. Assist. Coach.... BG, you do know that he won that Hardware with Dinardo's players, right? Oh yeah, I seem to remember USC has a Crystal Football too, and it has the same year on it that sabahr's does, but I'll give y'all that Hardware. But, listen closely BG (read.....None of the Hardware has bama's name on it!!), that is why the media, as well as nearly Everyone else, knows that bama hired him with ALL of that Money.....and Zero buyout clause, because they were Desperate. Now they have someone that reminds everyone of tha Bahr (read.....Illegal recruiting). You add that Heap of money on top of the Illegal matters, which by the way is starting to come out, and on top of his Arrogant, Pompous attitude, you've got yourself the next great bammer coach....

95indy.jpg

That was Gary Dinardo's first year with LSU and sabahr's first year with MSU. LSU 45 MSU 26 .........LOL

Bg I really like to read your take on a lot of things on the Auburn board and I have even wanted you to come by and meet some of us at the Aunation meet and greets,! Like has been said in this thread when you post this stuff on an Auburn board you are going to get a negative response! I could care less about how much Florida pays there coaches, but I love to see the national media bashing Saban and Bammer. We are Auburn fans Hating Bammer is what we do! Saban was talking to recruits during a dead period and that is a violation

Do you want to bet I don't have a problem with how much coaches are paid? Yeah, I do - if it's SPUAT, USC, whatever. The school doesn't matter.

I'm reminded of the line from "Forrest Gump":

"Are you retarded or something?" - Young Jenny

Look, this is an Auburn board. I know that's cliche and pretty worn out, but really. This is YOUR thread, YOU started, HERE...uh...on an AUBURN BOARD... What do you expect to accomplish with a thread like this? A sudden and unexplainable realization of the Auburn Nation, that UA is our bretherin and should be loved, and appreciated, no matter what????????

Seriously, if you can't understand that Auburn people, on an Auburn board (and in everyday conversation when it comes up) are going to rib Bama fans like you, and a Mediocre (YES!, you are at best...mediocre right now) program for dishing out the single largest salary in the HISTORY OF COLLEGE ATHLETICS to Nick Saban fresh out of two years of failure in the NFL, then all I can say is ... "Damn."

There's no analogies here BG, just good ol' fashioned common sense that should tell you that reading your constant boo-hooing over the treatment of a certified assclown at our chief rival university is a little funny.

SO, in closing, I'd just suggest cutting back with whining and crapping your slacks everytime someone points out your piddle puddle. It's all in fun man!

Outta here for the night! You all have a good evening.

See...this I can live with. Saying you rag us because you hate us or whatever...that makes sense. Dogging a school that pays 4 million to a coach, but not dogging a school that has a coach making 3.5 million, a coach making 3.25 million and has the highest paid AD in the nation...doesn't make sense. Well it doesn't unless you put the "rival ribbing" into play.

the connection between that situation and the one at florida is absolutely, obviously not the same. they are OWNING TWO MAJOR COLLEGE SPORTS right now

Was UF owning football when they hired Meyer for over 3 million bucks per?

BG, you do know that he won that Hardware with Dinardo's players, right?

That's funny. You do know that Saban's players were MUCH more capable athletes than the ones he inherited? You do know that Dinardo won 7 games in 2 years before Saban inherited them?

Guest Tigrinum Major

We hate you. Get over it. We're never going to treat you fairly, especially in your jaded view.

We're biased. Stop whining.

I'll say it if no one else will. We do not like your school. At all. If they developed a cure for cancer, we would decry it as being cruel to cancer cells. That's the way things work around here.

You aren't going to change our minds and we're not going to change yours.

Please quit trying to explain or apologize for the salary that we pay our coach. No one truly cares, and the only reason they are saying anything is, because it is getting a rise out of some of the Bama fans. Just let it go, and they will shut up about it. When someone says, "I can't believe you're paying that much for a coach", just laugh it off and say, "well we can afford it, and we don't have to justify to anyone".

All of these explanations make us look like we're embarrased by this salary. Frankly I am not embarrased in the least bit. We would have taken just as much abuse if we had settled for another coach that had never won a championship or had a proven record anywhere, because they would have said that is all we could get. No one truly expected that we could get Saban, and we did, so now they have to give us a hard time, because of how we got him. To be perfectly honest, I wanted Spurier and wouldn't have minded if we had to pay 5mil to get him, but I respect the man for not leaving what he has started.

We're taking a gamble with Saban, but hey we have taken a lot worse over the last few years. I feel that it is a step in the right direction, and I think that we will enjoy more games this year. I am not saying a perfect season or any kind of championship. I am just saying that I think we will score when we get in the red zone, or at least go for it. Florida took at gamble with Meyer and paid over 3 million, and he was from Utah or really knew nothing about the SEC, and look how this payed off for them.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Your female counterpart is making sense, BG. Although when someone has to tell you how they are not embarrassed, they are doing it through a red face.

"I meant to do that."

Please quit trying to explain or apologize for the salary that we pay our coach. No one truly cares, and the only reason they are saying anything is, because it is getting a rise out of some of the Bama fans. Just let it go, and they will shut up about it. When someone says, "I can't believe you're paying that much for a coach", just laugh it off and say, "well we can afford it, and we don't have to justify to anyone".

All of these explanations make us look like we're embarrased by this salary. Frankly I am not embarrased in the least bit. We would have taken just as much abuse if we had settled for another coach that had never won a championship or had a proven record anywhere, because they would have said that is all we could get. No one truly expected that we could get Saban, and we did, so now they have to give us a hard time, because of how we got him. To be perfectly honest, I wanted Spurier and wouldn't have minded if we had to pay 5mil to get him, but I respect the man for not leaving what he has started.

We're taking a gamble with Saban, but hey we have taken a lot worse over the last few years. I feel that it is a step in the right direction, and I think that we will enjoy more games this year. I am not saying a perfect season or any kind of championship. I am just saying that I think we will score when we get in the red zone, or at least go for it. Florida took at gamble with Meyer and paid over 3 million, and he was from Utah or really knew nothing about the SEC, and look how this payed off for them.

I love it.

Therapy from one Bammer to another Bammer....on an Auburn Board. Classic.

:blink:;):puke::rolleyes:

Archived