matt leinart

kickinwang

Not sure how else I can interpret these comments from Brynn Cameron wrt to raising Cole Cameron Leinart, the son of former TrOJan ballroom dancer:

"It's kind of hard for me as the mom -- I'm with Cole probably 99.9 percent of the time -- to open a magazine or read a newspaper article with Matt saying, Oh, I love being a dad. I love changing diapers. I love doing this. I'm like, Wait, what?' " said Cameron, who added, "I don't know how to word how he is about this, but it's been hard when I'm doing all the work, but he gets all the credit for it."

Oh and there is more from Ms. Cameron:

The Arizona Cardinals quarterback and former USC star "comes and goes whenever he wants," Cameron said. [...]

"I don't want to sit here and bad-mouth his lifestyle, but it is hard because we are different people. He likes that Hollywood stuff and I don't like that and raising a kid together, you have to work together as parents, but we're so different," Cameron said.

"It's hard, but I have to raise Cole to be a strong, secure kid so he knows what's right and wrong, what's good and bad and what really matters in life, which isn't what's going on in Hollywood or who's dating who. That's not what it's all about, and I think he'll know that being raised by me."

The Star's attempts to reach Leinart through the Arizona Cardinals were unsuccessful.

And what kind of "lifestyle" may Ms. Cameron be referring to when talking about Daddy Leinart. Here is a graphic reminder:

matt1.jpg

Gotta love the TrOJan "family values."

bruins nation

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, is this girl trying to get some sympathy on raising a child as a single parent.... Gee, if you get married and then have kids, you probably would have found child-rearing to be a lot less difficult!!!

no f that, she is a drunking hollywood club girl... it takes two to tango. sure mr. matt needs to own up to his reponsiblity but dont give this crap that he is a bad father. you know you get drunk in a club and you are called a whore but once you throw a baby in the mix she is all of a sudden a super mom............blah she just doesn't know the meaning of birth control. it's like taking these crooks from all over the country who make accidents and try to collect insurance money. im sure the ladies on the board will disagree. but you reap what you so. but it's all of a sudden the daddies fault. i don't buy it. you know if i was a super star nfl player. i woud be married with 5 kids. but that' just my thinking. i would support my family and be club ho

no f that, she is a drunking hollywood club girl... it takes two to tango. sure mr. matt needs to own up to his reponsiblity but dont give this crap that he is a bad father. you know you get drunk in a club and you are called a whore but once you throw a baby in the mix she is all of a sudden a super mom............blah she just doesn't know the meaning of birth control. it's like taking these crooks from all over the country who make accidents and try to collect insurance money. im sure the ladies on the board will disagree. but you reap what you so. but it's all of a sudden the daddies fault. i don't buy it. you know if i was a super star nfl player. i woud be married with 5 kids. but that' just my thinking. i would support my family and be club ho

Actually from what I had heard she was his girlfriend while he was a backup nobody then he split when he started showing up on magazine covers, but after he knocked her up.

Actually from what I had heard she was his girlfriend while he was a backup nobody then he split when he started showing up on magazine covers, but after he knocked her up.

All one must do is google Brynn Cameron.

She's good looking enough to straighten out a lazy eye

Matt Leinart's not such a bad Dad.

Signed,

Shawn Kemp

Larry Bird

Randy Johnson

Evander Holyfied

Rack Em!!

She's good looking enough to straighten out a lazy eye

Or give a lazy eye/ cross eye

She got pregnant while he was a Senior in college. So it's not like he dropped her when he got popular.

My question is, she's slamming his lifestlye, but would she have kept the baby if he was a nobody wash out?

I'm not sure I understand the hostility toward the mom here. Sure, she has her part in the blame for being a single mom, but Leinart is being an ass and should be made to bear responsibility for not keeping his pistol holstered. And I understand why she's frustrated if he's mouthing off about taking care of the kid but not actually doing a damn thing.

Regardless of whether or not she would have kept the baby, regardless the fact that she made a bad decision in having sex outside wedlock and regardless of what she's asking for child support, men shouldn't be able to abdicate their responsibilities simply because it's the woman who gets pregnant. He should absolutely be just as much on the hook for the well-being of the child as she is.

I'm not sure I understand the hostility toward the mom here. Sure, she has her part in the blame for being a single mom, but Leinart is being an ass and should be made to bear responsibility for not keeping his pistol holstered. And I understand why she's frustrated if he's mouthing off about taking care of the kid but not actually doing a damn thing.

Regardless of whether or not she would have kept the baby, regardless the fact that she made a bad decision in having sex outside wedlock and regardless of what she's asking for child support, men shouldn't be able to abdicate their responsibilities simply because it's the woman who gets pregnant. He should absolutely be just as much on the hook for the well-being of the child as she is.

I agree, but I also don't think a mother should get to use the child as ransom for some ridiculously high child support.

I agree, but I also don't think a mother should get to use the child as ransom for some ridiculously high child support.

I think the mom is irrelevant. The child should be supported in a manner that is consistent with what he/she would have if the dad were home raising the kid like he should be. Just because he abdicates his responsibility to be present in the kid's life doesn't mean he should also get off easy on the monetary side of support.

I think the mom is irrelevant. The child should be supported in a manner that is consistent with what he/she would have if the dad were home raising the kid like he should be. Just because he abdicates his responsibility to be present in the kid's life doesn't mean he should also get off easy on the monetary side of support.

Does it cost 30,000 a month to raise a child? Of course not. Why should the mother get to live in the lap of luxury because she happened to get pregnant with Matt's kid?

THere's monetary support, and then there's 30,000 a month.

Does it cost 30,000 a month to raise a child? Of course not. Why should the mother get to live in the lap of luxury because she happened to get pregnant with Matt's kid?

You're missing the point. It's not about the mom. It's about the kid. And if the kid's d***head father were doing what he's supposed to be doing, which is be a present father in the home, and he makes that kind of money, then that's what the kid would have. Just because this loser likes to spread his seed doesn't mean he gets to then lower the kid's lifestyle so he can live it up and knock up some more chicks. $324k per year in Southern California will him a nice life and set him up for college, but it's not like he's gonna be living in some 20,000 sq. ft. mansion.

At least the mom is being a real parent.

You're missing the point. It's not about the mom. It's about the kid. And if the kid's d***head father were doing what he's supposed to be doing, which is be a present father in the home, and he makes that kind of money, then that's what the kid would have. Just because this loser likes to spread his seed doesn't mean he gets to then lower the kid's lifestyle so he can live it up and knock up some more chicks.

At least the mom is being a real parent.

If he is spending zero time with the child and is making millions, I have no problem with the wife/child get 30k a month.

I am kind of shocked to see so many blame the mother on the kid while he is partying with Paris Hilton types during the off-season with a young child of his.

No, but if Dad has an 51 million dollar contract, the kid should be well taken care of. Who knows how he's been in negotiations-- maybe she needed to start high to work down to what she'll settle for. Southern Cal ain't cheap. She lives in one of the most expensive real estate markets in the country. If she stays home with the kid the first few years and moves out of Mom and Dad's place, she'll have a very high mortgage, property taxes, insurance, car payments, health insurance, etc. and no job. 15,000-20,000 a month would support a comfortable lifestyle out there, but not a particularly lavish one.

They both have created a significant responsibility that both need to step up and deal with. For the kids sake, I hope they can do it amicably.

No, but if Dad has an 51 million dollar contract, the kid should be well taken care of. Who knows how he's been in negotiations-- maybe she needed to start high to work down to what she'll settle for. Southern Cal ain't cheap. She lives in one of the most expensive real estate markets in the country. If she stays home with the kid the first few years and moves out of Mom and Dad's place, she'll have a very high mortgage, property taxes, insurance, car payments, health insurance, etc. and no job. 15,000-20,000 a month would support a comfortable lifestyle out there, but not a particularly lavish one.

Frankly, I don't know that any of us has enough information to judge either of them particularly harshly, other than to say, they both have created a significant responsibility that both need to step up and deal with. For the kids sake, I hope they can do it amicably.

Now that was one heck of a post Double T.

Archived