Burton Scott to Bama

metafour

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chea Chea.

Save BG the trouble ;)

Lemme guess, he's overrated?

Nope, we wanted him as a DB and he wants to play WR.

Chea Chea.

Save BG the trouble ;)

Translation: You got him because we didnt want him.

I see bama getting Mark Barron and Deston Hood from St. Paul High out of Mobile, teammates of Ivan Matchett (a bama commit)......Question for BG or anyone... where was Paul Homerbaum, Jeremiah Castille, and about three or four bama Star players last week? Mobile, that's where, they were having some sort of $peaking engagement.

I also see bama getting Devonta Bolton from Norcross High out of Georgia... Another question, where was $abahr this past week? Georgia, on Vacation... Yeah, from what I've heard from everyone close to $abahr, he doesn't take vacations. I wonder if Devonta's been on a Pontoon (sp?) before.

I listened to the Homerbaum show today, mainly to get a good laugh because of a hard day at work, and a caller asked Paul about that $peaking engagement that J. Castille was talking at... PF said something like, "yeah, I was there with JC speaking to a group of people in Mobile." Then the caller asked about the bama players that where there, PF hesitated for a few seconds then said in a serious tone, "... I'm not sure why they where there." Yeah, okay Paul, whatever you say. Then the caller said that he wasn't wondering about why they where, but who paid for them to get in. Then PF said, "... I don't know, thanks for calling, next up is......" I think that caller was on to something. Anyway, back to the subject, we didn't want mr. Scott anyway.

Chea Chea.

Save BG the trouble ;)

No, we wanted him at a different position than he preferred to play.

Happens all the time. Sometimes they're willing to switch and come your way, sometimes they aren't and go elsewhere.

I see bama getting Mark Barron and Deston Hood from St. Paul High out of Mobile, teammates of Ivan Matchett (a bama commit)......Question for BG or anyone... where was Paul Homerbaum, Jeremiah Castille, and about three or four bama Star players last week? Mobile, that's where, they were having some sort of $peaking engagement.

I also see bama getting Devonta Bolton from Norcross High out of Georgia... Another question, where was $abahr this past week? Georgia, on Vacation... Yeah, from what I've heard from everyone close to $abahr, he doesn't take vacations. I wonder if Devonta's been on a Pontoon (sp?) before.

I listened to the Homerbaum show today, mainly to get a good laugh because of a hard day at work, and a caller asked Paul about that $peaking engagement that J. Castille was talking at... PF said something like, "yeah, I was there with JC speaking to a group of people in Mobile." Then the caller asked about the bama players that where there, PF hesitated for a few seconds then said in a serious tone, "... I'm not sure why they where there." Yeah, okay Paul, whatever you say. Then the caller said that he wasn't wondering about why they where, but who paid for them to get in. Then PF said, "... I don't know, thanks for calling, next up is......" I think that caller was on to something. Anyway, back to the subject, we didn't want mr. Scott anyway.

So when you guys make fun of Alabama fans and say that we always accuse you guys of cheating when you get a big recruit...can we go ahead and use this post as a reference?

First, Finebaum does not like Alabama. He is not an alabama fan. He spends half his time slamming us, and half the time slamming Auburn. It's called economics.

Second, Barron and Hood have been Bama locks for about 18 years now. Even moreso now that their best buds Matchett and Preyear are going to Bama, and McCarron is coming to Bama next year.

Third, Devonta is a Bama lean because UGA pulled off.

Fourth, Saban was on vacation two weeks ago, not last week. His vacation (AT HIS VACATION HOME) was cut short when Deaderick got arrested.

Scott picked Alabama because they said he could play offense, and he had a blast with all his friends who are gonna go to UA...when they all visited last week.

All I'm saying is that something smells a bit fishy about the whole Mobile Area... I'm not going to say anything right now, because I was asked not to, but... I'll just stick with the "smells fishy" for right now.

As for PF... Are You F'N Kidding Me? Ever since your $avior turned tail, to come back to the College Ranks because he couldn't Hack it in the NFL (Not For Losers), PF has been up his dairyair. And whenever an Auburn fan calls in, he barely lets him talk, unless it's one of the regulars. I've seen him cut off many Auburn fans, the few that call in. I wouldn't put it past bama to work their magic (read $), so that they could have another Pro-bamerhomer Station... Kinda like what they did when Rock 99.5 mysteriously picked them up when they were Auburn's Station the year before they switched... And what station is broadcasted All Over the Southeast? Yup, 99.5

The Devonta statement was just speculation... I just found it funny that UGA had pulled their Scholly off of a Top Georgia Prospect. I also read where $abahr is recruiting the Memphis, TN. area again. Wasn't Albert Means from Memphis?

any sour grapes crap at this point is uncalled for. saban and co. are recruiting very well. there are 6 months left till signing day, and no auburn fan should be worried about our class, but don't kid yourselves - bammer has a heck of a class piling up very quickly. we absolutely HAVE to clean up on the field this year in response. otherwise, we might be in for something we're not interested in getting into.

As much as I'd like for Auburn to ink Only 5* players, like I do in NCAA '08, I will be happy with whatever recruits that Coach TT and Co. feels can fit into our system. CTT doesn't recruit *, he recruits by character, player that fits, and ability. I have full confidence in him, no matter how many 5 or 4* players we get.

All I'm saying is that something smells a bit fishy about the whole Mobile Area... I'm not going to say anything right now, because I was asked not to, but... I'll just stick with the "smells fishy" for right now.

As for PF... Are You F'N Kidding Me? Ever since your $avior turned tail, to come back to the College Ranks because he couldn't Hack it in the NFL (Not For Losers), PF has been up his dairyair. And whenever an Auburn fan calls in, he barely lets him talk, unless it's one of the regulars. I've seen him cut off many Auburn fans, the few that call in. I wouldn't put it past bama to work their magic (read $), so that they could have another Pro-bamerhomer Station... Kinda like what they did when Rock 99.5 mysteriously picked them up when they were Auburn's Station the year before they switched... And what station is broadcasted All Over the Southeast? Yup, 99.5

The Devonta statement was just speculation... I just found it funny that UGA had pulled their Scholly off of a Top Georgia Prospect. I also read where $abahr is recruiting the Memphis, TN. area again. Wasn't Albert Means from Memphis?

So when AU gets a top 5 class, it's from hard work. When Saban gets YET ANOTHER top class, it's cheating? Even though Saban has a history of top recruiting? Even though Kevin Steele has won recruiter of the year awards?

Your Finebaum comments are beyond laughable and reek of homerism. Finebaum has been pumping up Bama for the last six months because its OUR TIME. Soon it will be our time for him to dump on us. It goes in cycles. You obviously just started listening to him. He's been on Bama's ass for 4 years..and when he needs to drum up ratings again, he'll turn on us. To think that Finebaum favors Alabama in anyway, is the MOST blinding homeristic ..yes i said that...thing I've ever read.

And the memphis comment? So we aren't allowed to ever recruit there again? We signed a guy out of Memphis 2 years ago. Were we cheating then?

Bottom line, your comments are full of loser whining sour grapes. Any success on our part is INSTANTLY cheating? Way to explain it away there bub.

How about being gracious? How about 'yeah they got burton, but we'll get the next one'?

I agree with Fmnstr in that for whatever reason :ua: is doing very well in recruiting. There will be a lot of hype over their class this year for sure. We'll see how that translates on the field in a couple of years. However, we know what CTT and co. can do with the talent they recruit. We've seen consistant success. I'm not too worried about how our class will shape up. Hype doesn't equal results. If so Notre Dame and :ua: would split the mnc every year.

Auburn will do fine. Alabama is having a really good showing so far, and I expect Bama to also get...

Julio Jones, Barrett Jones, Mark Barron, Deston Hood, and hopefully Jerrell Harris.

As far as the Barrett Jones/Memphis insinuations. I think the fact that his father played basketball at Alabama might point toward his recruitment being very legitimate.

If things work out, Alabama will have a very highly rated class. Auburn will probably end up ranked highly as well.

I agree with Fmnstr in that for whatever reason :ua: is doing very well in recruiting. There will be a lot of hype over their class this year for sure. We'll see how that translates on the field in a couple of years. However, we know what CTT and co. can do with the talent they recruit. We've seen consistant success. I'm not too worried about how our class will shape up. Hype doesn't equal results. If so Notre Dame and :ua: would split the mnc every year.

that's why i don't get too cocky about recruiting. they may be really great on the HS level, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're gonna be great in college. but i am stoked about the recruiting class we're pulling in so far. if we do decent on the field this year, next class should be great too.

First off, you guys know I never dump on Auburn, or any other school, when it's not justified. I've been a poster here for a pretty long time and if you'll check my December posts, you'll see that I'm as objective as it gets when it comes to my team.

With that said, I'd be pretty worried if I were you. Alabama's own track to take #1 ranked player in Alabama, Tennessee, and Louisiana. That's in addition to signing 16-18 of the top talent in Alabama and picking a very, very nice crop from Louisiana and Florida.

Does it get any better for Auburn in 2009? It's not looking like it -- with Nico Johnson, AJ McCarron, and Tana Patrick already considered locks for UA. The true recruiting maniacs have said that the discrepancy between the classes of Alabama and Auburn in 2009 could be as bad as 2008. My question is, where will Auburn find their talent? I realize that Auburn has always found quality players in Georgia and Florida, yet, that's not your state. UF and FSU control most of that state's recruits. The always solid UGA Bulldogs will get first dibs to the east of you. And, strangely enough, Orgeron has proven to be a strong recruiter and if you're ever competing with Mississippi State for recruits... well, you know the trouble you'd be in. Where will your players come from with Alabama holding a stronghold in this state and UF/UGA/UT controlling theirs? That's not even touching on the fact that 2/3's of your last class didn't qualify.

Will Alabama be world beaters in 2008? I seriously doubt it. Don't think I'm coming here to proclaim us as automatic national title contenders. Saban's accomplishments on the recruiting trail won't be evident for a year or so. If we win eight or more, I'll consider it a success.

Again, don't think I'm posting this to belittle you guys. Over the past 5 years, you all, for the most part, have been good winners and I appreciate that.

Chea Chea.

Save BG the trouble ;)

Do you think that was the deal breaker?? and why are AU not recruiting him as a WR, are you guys in the chase for a way better WRs this year? I am asking because I thought someone here mentioned that AU needs to sign 4-5 WRs this year??

First off, you guys know I never dump on Auburn, or any other school, when it's not justified. I've been a poster here for a pretty long time and if you'll check my December posts, you'll see that I'm as objective as it gets when it comes to my team.

With that said, I'd be pretty worried if I were you. Alabama's own track to take #1 ranked player in Alabama, Tennessee, and Louisiana. That's in addition to signing 16-18 of the top talent in Alabama and picking a very, very nice crop from Louisiana and Florida.

Does it get any better for Auburn in 2009? It's not looking like it -- with Nico Johnson, AJ McCarron, and Tana Patrick already considered locks for UA. The true recruiting maniacs have said that the discrepancy between the classes of Alabama and Auburn in 2009 could be as bad as 2008. My question is, where will Auburn find their talent? I realize that Auburn has always found quality players in Georgia and Florida, yet, that's not your state. UF and FSU control most of that state's recruits. The always solid UGA Bulldogs will get first dibs to the east of you. And, strangely enough, Orgeron has proven to be a strong recruiter and if you're ever competing with Mississippi State for recruits... well, you know the trouble you'd be in. Where will your players come from with Alabama holding a stronghold in this state and UF/UGA/UT controlling theirs? That's not even touching on the fact that 2/3's of your last class didn't qualify.

Will Alabama be world beaters in 2008? I seriously doubt it. Don't think I'm coming here to proclaim us as automatic national title contenders. Saban's accomplishments on the recruiting trail won't be evident for a year or so. If we win eight or more, I'll consider it a success.

Again, don't think I'm posting this to belittle you guys. Over the past 5 years, you all, for the most part, have been good winners and I appreciate that.

I think much of Saban's recruiting success is due to the hype he's receiving from the state media. If his team underperforms this year he won't have this much success next year. Not knocking his success at all. I just think next year will be tougher after the newness wears off.

Rest assured CTT and staff will always perform well in recruiting and filling team needs with quality players. Also rest knowing that CTT and staff will never receive the hype that bama gets no matter who is coaching.

my question is, how about we let february get here before you start talking about finalized recruiting rankings, bammer? and already sh***ing on our 2009 class? tsk tsk. you think we're gonna roll over and let you chumps just have it again, you're out of your mind. don't come in here and run off with some crap like that and try and preface it with how you're not trying to belittle anyone. the nerve you've got after licking our boots for 5 straight years to come in here with a condescending attitude is absolutely tremendous.

i will totally give you guys credit for the talent you're raking in this early in the game, but you better believe our coaches aren't sitting on their thumbs just letting all the players we want go to the pink wave. let's let this season pan out before you come in here and tell somebody to be afraid again. i was honestly trying to dissuade my peers from playing the sour grapes game, but you've just cancelled out any good will your kind deserves with this self-fellating garbage.

you haven't won a damn thing yet.

Chea Chea.

Save BG the trouble ;)

Do you think that was the deal breaker?? and why are AU not recruiting him as a WR, are you guys in the chase for a way better WRs this year? I am asking because I thought someone here mentioned that AU needs to sign 4-5 WRs this year??

Our coaches feel that he has much more potential and ability at DB (which appearently is true) and thats where we wanted him to play. He wanted to play on offense which is why we literally fell right out of contention with him.

WinCrimson is partially right, only partially. The new trend of pre-season of commits is risky at best. What if you devote a heck of a lot of time in a prospect and then during the season you lose 3-4 of them to injury, crime or some other catastrophe. Secondly, there are a LOT of quality players out there and what if you fill up in pre-season and have no slots left and then 8-10 talented prospects emerge during the season that you didn't know about?

I'm concerned with our inability to attract some of the state's top players early as well, and I wonder what this holds for the future since players tend to follow their team mates and friends. However, never doubt that there are plenty of TOP Talent left out there to be signed in February and Tubs will get his share. Problem is, the PERCEPTION of domination feeds off itself and perpetuates itself if not countered. Bammer is countering that 4-5 year Auburn PERCEPTION right now. We need to answer back.

Our top four is Darvin Adams, DeAndre Brown, Harry Adams and Deion Walker.

No, we wanted him but at a different position. Mark Murphy did articles on him before and after his camp at AU and in both of them he was listed as a DB.

Don't cry for us yet Win. Saban is just doing what he did at LSU and what Richt has done at UGA; they get a lot of early commitments. We on the other hand have traditionally got ours during the season. CTT and staff have a good track record of closing kids on official visits.

Dont get too ahead of yourself. None of your current commits have signed, and apart from guys like Love and Boswell (who are lifelong Bama kids that would sign with Bama no matter what) everyone else commited under the notion that Saban would bring Bama back into the limelight. A highly regarded coach + the notion that you'll be able to get early playing time for a traditional football powerhouse is a pretty nice recipe for attracting HS kids. Saban will likely kick 90% of Shula's recruits to the curb if it means attracting HIS new recruits to Bama. If you want another example of this just look at what Butch Davis did at North Carolina this past signing class, or what Ron Zook did at Illinois. The problem? You put yourself in a large amount of pressure to win...because thats all thats keeping these kids committed. Even you yourself admitted that you dont expect Bama to blow up this season....but what if you fall on your faces?? Dont think that recruits who are right now drugged up on the "shiny new toy" factor wont notice if Saban starts looking like anything other than a god. Sure, your 2008 class might stay largely in tact, but I'd say you're getting FAR ahead of yourself by talking '09 recruits who are a loong way away. These recruits are expecting a complete turn around overnight...what if you lose again to us (which I expect will happen)? 17 and 18 year old kids can get off the banwagon as fast as they get on. Saban's early recruiting so far has been impressive (although I believe that several of your instate commits are overrated and didn't even get Auburn offers) but you havn't even played one game with him at the helm so right now you're selling the "could be" factor.

As for the "where will Auburn get recruits from..." question...thats pretty easy. Florida, Miami, and FSU control Florida's biggest talent pool. However, that state is far too stacked every year for every good player to end up at one of the big three schools...especially considering that Florida and FSU are recruiting nationally as well and aren't sticking to just in-state kids. That means that every year there is a nice handful of VERY GOOD (ie: 4-star) recruits who wont get into one of the big 3 schools. Want an example? Look at Melvin Ray who just commited to you. I know that you all believe you "stole" this kid away from FSU (kinda like how you "stole" Luther Davis last year :rolleyes: ) but the truth is that neither FSU nor Florida were willing to take his commitment at this time. FSU has been holding Ray back for so long that he probably got tired of waiting and decided to jump on the Saban bandwagon. Why would FSU be holding him back? They're eyeing Butler, Walker, and Jones who they have ranked higher on their board (and rightfully so). FSU has a very good shot with both Butler and Walker, but I'd look out if they lose one or both of those two: Melvin Ray might end up getting a call. After that you've also got an infinite amount of underhyped recruits with big upside who flat out slip through the cracks in a huge pool of talent. We'll ALWAYS be able to land a few 4-star guys from Florida and find a few underhyped guys that no one else picked out as long as we continue to field a competitive team. This staff has FAR too many connections in Florida to get booted out of that state...period. The same thing can be said with Georgia: We get a few bigger name recruits (but usually miss out on the huge name guys) and then pick up a few guys no one else wanted (Brad Lester anyone?). This staff is retardedly good at sniffing out underhyped players from within our recruiting zone.

I will say, the 09 comments about AJ and Nico were dead on. Not because of the heat created by a new coach, but because these guys are Bama lifers.

AU will still get theirs. There's plenty to go around. Even if we get Devonta, AU will still outrank us in the state of Georgia. They've made too many inroads with high school coaches there.

I do think there will be a shift in the state of Alabama.

The comment about Melvin Ray not having a solid offer from UF and FSU is a joke. A freaking JOKE.

Yet again you say we get a guy who's "overrated". At the end of the day, they can't all be overrated.

Archived