Braves lose 3 out of 4 to Reds. Needed to win 3.

AURaptor

No need to waste time watching Braves playing during the week or staying up late for any West coast trips.

They're done for the season.

No need to waste time watching Braves playing during the week or staying up late for any West coast trips.

They're done for the season.

Sad too, really. They have a GREAT lineup. But they only have 2 pitchers. Every time Wickman comes in now, I cringe. Score 7 runs and still lose 9-7, that ain't gonna cut it. I think they can beat anybody's best with their best, but after that it's a crap shoot.

Yeah the pitching has really let them down this year. The back 3 in the rotation have been abysmal. And it has really worn out the bullpen. When your starters only go 3 innings, it kills your pen.

What's sad to me, the braves are TERRIBLE against crappy teams. The pirates, fish, and reds have owned the Braves this year.

But they are the only team who can beat the Mets and Phils it seems.

I'm not giving up yet. We're still only 3 games out of the wild card. But I agree, we've got to stop dropping series to cruddy teams if we want to have a chance.

Like some have said...the sad thing is that I really feel we could make a huge run in the playoffs if we could only get in.

It will be very very hard to get into the playoffs with only two good starters...but with our line-up and Smoltz & Hudson, we could make lots of noise in a 5 and 7 game series.

Here's to hoping we back in to the playoffs...because we've got the perfect team to make a run if we manage to get in.

Like some have said...the sad thing is that I really feel we could make a huge run in the playoffs if we could only get in.

It will be very very hard to get into the playoffs with only two good starters...but with our line-up and Smoltz & Hudson, we could make lots of noise in a 5 and 7 game series.

Here's to hoping we back in to the playoffs...because we've got the perfect team to make a run if we manage to get in.

It was funny to hear Wickman after the game. He said, I thought I could sneak a fast ball by Dunn and he got it.....yeah he did....

Don't feel bad guys...you still have Mark Texiera...

On most other teams, that addition to the line up would have won us the Division. But because we have only 2 pitchers, we're screwed.

Thank God. I hate it for Wickman on a personal level. Seems like a great guy. But he was throwing trash.

The main reason he was cut is because apparently he complained a lot when he was put in a game when it wasn't a save situation.

Yeah he got blasted about that. He really brought down the clubhouse with his complaining. He was not part of the "team"...and only wanted to pitch when he could get a save.

Archived