Last word on K-State

ProgRock

I've talked to a lot of people since the game and all of them come up to me and say..."BOY Auburn "liked" to got beat" First thing I'll tell them there is no LIKED to got beat(redneck Bama drawl) .You either lose or win...WE WON.Then I here the"well it took yall long enough to do it"...it's took us one game no OT.

Look to all college football morons.....(ala Bama and all Auburn haters). K-State is NOT division AA.THEY beat Texas last year.This is the same program that stomped Tenn. in a bowl and probably beat on Oklahoma so bad in 2002 that they were still hung over when LSU got to them for the national chamionship.Sure it was a different era and coach but you know what those genes are passed on and that mentallity is passed on.

We'll see as the year progresses as to what these Wildcats are made of and Auburn as well.But as for now we are just as unbeaten as anyone else is.Now on to the Bulls. :thumbsup:

I've heard "boy, ya'll got lucky. Ya'll should've lost that game, but boy bama sure kicked the crap out of Western Carolina, and we're not gonna give ya'll the game like that lousy Kansas team did." :blink: You've just gotta love the bama fans that are so blinded by saban's bobo, that they don't realize how stupid their statements are.

WDE!

It was 2003 when K-State beat Oklahoma 35-7 in the Big 12 Championship game!

Really? Was it? I thought LSU beat them in January of 2003 and the big 12 championship was in 2002?

Really? Was it? I thought LSU beat them in January of 2003 and the big 12 championship was in 2002?

LSU beat them in January of 2004, my son's Freshman year at LSU. He was in the band (still is).

LSU beat them in January of 2004, my son's Freshman year at LSU. He was in the band (still is).

This much is true.

I read an article that said Auburn trailed the entire game until the final 2 minutes. News to me. But even if that was true, we had a 57 yd. offensive drive which ended in the go ahead TD. The D then sealed the deal with a great defensive play for another TD.

I read today that after the first drive, KSU went 2 for 14 on 3rd down conversions. It seems we had a good defense on the field. What was KSU's greatest lead? - less than a TD.

It wasn't pretty, but the best team won, and the team that gutted it out in the 4th quarter won. If we had not scored one of our 4th quarter TDs we would still have won. How did we almost lose? Hey, writers have to have something catchy to write out. Mark a "W" for us and lets get "USF" an "L."

War Eagle!

LINK

I'll have to say that, based on dozens of emails and a telephone call or two, I'm not sure I can remember any Auburn football victory that was greeted with such unhappiness as Saturday night's 23-13 win over Kansas State.

I've been asking myself for several days why that is. Could it be because the ESPN announcers and others said, against all logic, that Kansas State "outplayed" Auburn? Could it be that because Kansas State, which beat Texas last season, which won the Big 12 championship as recently as 2003, was somehow viewed as a loveable David taking on Goliath?

Or could it be that, even when things are good, a significant number of Auburn supporters seem to always be waiting for something bad to happen?

It's interesting that the clutch drive to the go-ahead touchdown and a tremendous defensive play for the clinching touchdown have gone almost unnoticed.

In 38 years of writing sports in this state, most of which I spent covering both Auburn and Alabama, I learned that football fans are in most ways the same, regardless of the team they support. But in this state in particular, there is one major difference.

No, it's not that one side has more "class" than the other or that either has a corner on obnoxious behavior. It's not that one group loves their team more than another or that one school is better than the other.

It's that, for the most part, no matter how bad things get, a lot of Alabama fans always believe the next championship is right around the corner. And a lot of Auburn fans have a hard time enjoying the good times because they are perennially convinced bad times are not far away.

Someday I'm going to talk to a psychologist and see if he or she can explain why it's the way it is.

The truth is this: There will be good times and there will be bad times. Among SEC teams, only Auburn and LSU have not had at least one four-loss season out of the last three. In the last five years, every SEC team but Georgia has had at least one five-loss season.

That's life in the SEC. That's why six different teams have won the last nine SEC championships. That's why the preseason poll taken annually at SEC Media Days has only picked the eventual champion twice in 17 seasons. Auburn, like every other SEC team, is going to come on the season where things don't fall into place and the record is disappointing. Could it be this season? Maybe. Maybe not.

Auburn's winning streak against Alabama will end, probably sooner than later. And it would have ended if Nick Saban was still the head coach of the Miami Dolphins.

We all know the offense struggled against Kansas State and needs to improve. We all know a lot of the wins in last season's run to an 11-2 record weren't of the pretty variety. But Auburn won those 11 games, just as it has won 36 of its last 41. It is 1-0 this season and beat a good team from a big-time conference with a clutch drive and clutch defensive play late in the fourth quarter.

That many of those who love Auburn football find that hard to enjoy is a mystifying piece of the fabric of college football in our state.

You know, for years, I felt like this...always waiting for the other shoe to drop...almost apologizing for a win. Growing up in a non-Auburn state probably made me that way. I am not sure when it happened, but it was somewhere during the Campbell-Brown-Williams era, I said screw it. Auburn is the team I love and support, always have, always will. How in the hell people continue to dwell on the negative is beyond me! Auburn won...if you can't enjoy it...tough Schlitz!

Phillip Marshall gets it.

He sure does. Growing up in Montgomery spoiled me since he was the sports editor.

We won. We need to improve in some areas, but we will. Every year this happens and this coaching staff gets them better as the year goes on. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

WDE!

Well he's right to some extent, but I enjoy every victory and didn't see anything that couldn't be corrected.

I believe we just want to see Auburn's full potential on display. It always seems we are holding back or playing down to the opponent. Just go out and beat somebody already. :cheer:

I think in the Tuberville era, we just have to accept that there will be games that offensively, we just look a little, well, offensive. Even with Cadillac and Ronnie, we had some dismal offensive games, especially against some of the stout conference defenses. Fortunately, our defense is usually equally stout and sometimes lifts us up. So do I think a defensive score made this game look "deceptively close" like all the talking heads like to say?

Well, it was close, and then we put it away. I'm not ashamed of the defensive boost - that's Auburn football. And K-State is no creampuff. They took down Texas and will contend in the Big 12 North - admittedly kind of like being the I-AA national champ . . .

I've talked to a lot of people since the game and all of them come up to me and say..."BOY Auburn "liked" to got beat" First thing I'll tell them there is no LIKED to got beat(redneck Bama drawl) .You either lose or win...WE WON.Then I here the"well it took yall long enough to do it"...it's took us one game no OT.

Look to all college football morons.....(ala Bama and all Auburn haters). K-State is NOT division AA.THEY beat Texas last year.This is the same program that stomped Tenn. in a bowl and probably beat on Oklahoma so bad in 2002 that they were still hung over when LSU got to them for the national chamionship.Sure it was a different era and coach but you know what those genes are passed on and that mentallity is passed on.

We'll see as the year progresses as to what these Wildcats are made of and Auburn as well.But as for now we are just as unbeaten as anyone else is.Now on to the Bulls. :thumbsup:

You got this from a bammer too??? I got a text message about the 3rd quarter of the game from my friend who is part of the bammer nation saying:

"What in the hell is wrong with your football team.. you better call up ol tuberville and get him or ya'll gonna get beat by a double A team! Biotch"

I was speechless. The bammer nation is so clueless its not even funny. Friday afternoon when I was at work I heard numerous Bama talking not even knowing who they were playing on Saturday. One responded with uhh I don't know, the other said I think Western Kentucky. I mean come on, it is opening day and you don't even know who your competition is? What kind of "tradishun" is that? And then on monday I hear oh man bama sure did look good. I mean they played Western Carolina! Not only are they a Div. 1-AA team but they are a Div. 1-AA team that only won 2 games last year. So they are a really bad Div. 1-AA as well. Whatever you sleep at guys thats fine with me. All I know is the Iron Bowl can't get here soon enough :rolleyes:

Anyways enough of the ignorant bammers. Here's to this weekend against USF. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

34-10 :au:

A win is obviously preferable but for those AU historians out there, to me this feels like our last second FG to beat La Tech about 17 years ago. Ugh!

But last word to KSU, ya'll come back now, y'hear?

Archived